The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

ILxCAPO's introduction
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

When I create my characters (In any roleplaying game...) I like to put pieces of myself in them. And act as if i'm really a part of the world. I understand this is the definition of roleplaying, but that is not what I usually find on roleplaying servers, so I thought I should state this clearly :D.
In World of Warcraft, I really enjoy the crafting skills and pet collecting instead of levelling like a madman, as a result I found myself dying alot by players who would creep up on me and kill me for no apparant reason. I like to take things slow and enjoy the scenery, while I learn to get the hang of all the skills presented to me.
I hope I can be a part of Conquest of the Horde and enjoy some casual, random and deep roleplaying experiences.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I was born in Palermo, Sicily in 1988 and moved with my family to Belgium when I was still a little boy. English became like a secondary language over the years (living in a multicultural society), but my real primary language is Dutch and notions of my grandmothers Italian. She refused to learn another language.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

Actually it was my best friend who semi-forced me to play World of Warcraft. He knew my background of single-player roleplaying games (mainly due to bad communitys in MMORPGs). So I was hesitant at first, but really enjoyed the game itself playing with a small guild, the lore is what kept me going, and I still play MOP on retail today.
Some might call me a newbie, but I can manage :D.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:

The lack of roleplay on retail. I really enjoy being part of a nice community (and contribute to it), after countless hours of searching the net, this server came up as a potential WOW experience I've been looking for.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

I enjoy all types of role-play. from adventures in a group, to random bar encounters.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

On the Alliance side: without question the Dwarves. Dwarven Warriors are a force to be reckoned with. They are incredibly sturdy, both physically and mentally.Their interest in adventure is very strong, they wish to discover more of the world's history and dig for artifacts. Lastly, they are a proud people and always remind me of ancient Nordic culture.

On the Horde side: I just love the Orcs. Orcs share a great natural affinity with animals, just like me OOC, specifically wolves. Their original culture on Draenor included many hunting rituals. Both hunter and pet make a formidable team. Orcs are a very strong willed race, will always do as they are told, and are notoriously tough.

What are your expectations of this server?:

Being able to roleplay with friendly people, who respect one another. Just to be a part of the world of Azeroth.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

The Respect and Maturity rules, I find this very important when playing games online. Mostly I usually find just the opposite on other servers. Which is quite disturbing, in my opinion.

Did you know that we have a Mentor Program? It's entirely voluntary and you as a new player can sign up for it right now in your introduction! Are you interested in signing up to be assigned a Mentor? If so, say so here (Please enter at least "Yes" or "No"):

Yes

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

The first rays of the deep red sun light up the snowy plains of Coldridge Valley, The local tavern wench kicks out the last stubborn dwarves who were drinking there all night. Thoriin falls face down in the snow, but keeps singing like nothing had happened. His friends from the construction site nearby pulled him up and took their leave "See ye tomorrow, Thoriin."
He grabbed his mace from his belt, and stared in the distance "Tomorrow? Always the same. Hammering and serving as pack mule."
Thoriin remembered the stories his father used to tell, it must've been fifteen years since he last saw him. His father left the Valley in search of fame and relics from ages past. And never returned.
The middle-aged dwarf took a major decision then and there, he raised his mug and shouted "Dad, Here's to you, I'll find ya."

The following morning he didn't show up for work, nobody in Coldridge Valley heard from Thoriin again.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

nope, I guess not. Beer
Hello ILxCAPO, and welcome to COTH!

If you haven’t already, please do make sure to double-check the rules and policies so you’re for sure familiar to the server’s expectations! If you have further questions, I recommend giving this guide a read, as it contains a lot of helpful information for players who are new to the server. Also, if you haven’t already, make sure to register your in-game account in the Account Management page using the same information you registered your forum name under. As for downloading the correct client and other things that you need to do in order to connect, I recommend giving this a read, as I found it very helpful myself when we made the switch to Cataclysm.

As for making your first character, there are a lot of helpful articles and guides for you to read up on in case you don’t fully understand the lore. The wiki also contains helpful tips for making a character and for when you’re writing your first profile, such as scale and height.

When you get your account created, make sure to /join Chat and /join Barrens in-game for if you have any questions not answered in the forums. Feel free to send me a message if you need any assistance, and I’ll give if a reply as soon as I can! And if not me, any Overseer, GM, or Forum Helper.

Dwarves and Orcs! We've got them here. I enjoyed Thoriin's story so far, and I want to know what happened to him.

It sounds like you've had an interesting life so far from the little you've given us - I'm sure that means you'll have a unique perspective to offer when it comes to both your RP and yourself in our community.

I hope you enjoy your stay!

~Geo
Hey there, @ILxCAPO!

I've been assigned to be your mentor! If you'll just contact me whenever you see this, I'll be right there to answer any questions you might have about the server and/or Lore. :)
[Image: 6RpTZgI.gif]