The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Shadow of Mordor
I'll just...Leave this here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ps7puWAz1E

Spoiler:
[Image: dinosaur_puking_rainbows__by_i_unno-d37csa61.png]
"Excellence is when failure becomes improvement"

[Image: a7KvoWr_460sa_v1.gif]
Spoiler:
[Image: zTi7CJ5.jpg]
Do you have what it takes to join the Fighting Blues?
Do you have what it takes to defend your homeland?
Will you stand up in defense of the innocent? The weak?
Will you stand up in defense of Justice and the Law?

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVE3uy8TjirssygDEKMi2...Ia13_WYQpw]

Very cool but completely disregarding of anything Tolkein wrote, to be honest. Then again, most things tend to be nowadays.
[Image: RtK7PiZ.png]
I don't get a Tolkien or Middle-Earth feel from this trailer but I do like the orc designs although I'm sad to hear they kept Uruk-hai. It seems more like Assassins Creed or Witcher which isn't a bad thing but isn't what I'd expect from a game based on Tolkien. I'm excited to see where this leads because the complex interaction system seems interesting and I'd love to see them make his wraith-powers be woven deep into the story. Sauron nor his wraiths would take kindly upon a mortal hopping in and out of their special corner of the world.
(02-24-2012, 10:15 AM)Piroska Wrote: Conspiracy. That's all it is; Kret's afraid that your pure, digital awesomeness would crash the server if it were allowed.
(06-14-2013, 05:42 PM)McKnighter Wrote: Bovel, Lord of Beards

Character About Involvement
Causticity Blackbreath Goblin Alchemist -
Telaah Draenei Anchorite Writings of an Anchorite

[Image: kiXJxhI.gif]
I kind of have to agree with Zhaei and Bovel. It looks pretty great, but it completely ignores most of the Tolkein lore. In that way, reminds me of the most recent Assassin's Creed game (granted, I'm not a fan of the series on the whole, but still). It wasn't really an Assassin's Creed game. It was a Pirate RPG with the name attached to it. This feels like Assassin's Creed with the LotR name on it. Not bad, just... Not great from the lore, either.

Would still play, though. Looks good and intuitive.
Spoiler:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0[/youtube]
Thought it, as mentioned above, does not follow Tolkein lore... it still looks pretty damn neat. I enjoyed the Assassin's Creed games (the ones I've played anyways), so this looks right up my alley.

And hey, at least they aren't having you personally kill Sauron or destroy the Ring or anything stupid.

I hope...
Do you have what it takes to join the Fighting Blues?
Do you have what it takes to defend your homeland?
Will you stand up in defense of the innocent? The weak?
Will you stand up in defense of Justice and the Law?

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVE3uy8TjirssygDEKMi2...Ia13_WYQpw]

I just hope it doesn't take the same route as Assassin's Creed where it's advertised as a super stealth experience but in reality, you're just counter attacking enemies all day as the form circles around you.

Looks pretty fun though!
Looks like a really fun game. The lore problem is there, sure but let's be honest.. good lore with bad gameplay never sold many games. Or maybe I am wrong, but as far as I know.. It's easier to sell games with a strong gameplay and good graphics than it is to sell basing yourself on the lore. I guess they just focused on the gameplay. And as I see it.. they did a good job with it. Let's wait a bit until there will be more info on the lore and all that stuff, who knows.
Glimpsing the title and the first few scenes without any sound, I was for a moment wondering whether we'd get to play as all these awesome orcs. :(
[Image: 6RpTZgI.gif]
Honestly, I'm not very impressed. The only thing that interested me was the nemesis system, everything else is "meh" at best.

There's the lack of Tolkien vibes that have been mentioned and this was also the case in this studios last game "Guardians of Middle-Earth" which, quite frankly, was simply terrible.

Secondly, the fighting system is extremely unoriginal and this game actually had a bit of controversy when a few Assassin's Creed developers noticed that some animations and combat assets were outright stolen from Assassin's Creed II.
[Image: 293D4BE4-7170-4C2A-B8BF-7EA572513EBD.jpg]
Spoiler:
[Image: Lazuri65.png]
(02-26-2014, 04:16 AM)Roxas65 Wrote: ...this was also the case in this studios last game "Guardians of Middle-Earth" which, quite frankly, was simply terrible.

These are the same people who made Guardians of Middle-Earth? I'm a little more hesitant about this game now that I know that. Actually, after looking at the games they have made, I'm gonna wait for the reviews to get excited. The only game Monolith has made that I have enjoyed was Condemned: Criminal Origins. 2014 doesn't look too good for games right now (in my opinion)
(02-26-2014, 04:01 PM)KomodoTheCashew Wrote: These are the same people who made Guardians of Middle-Earth? I'm a little more hesitant about this game now that I know that. Actually, after looking at the games they have made, I'm gonna wait for the reviews to get excited. The only game Monolith has made that I have enjoyed was Condemned: Criminal Origins. 2014 doesn't look too good for games right now (in my opinion)

Spoiler:
[Image: Kojima-Explains-Why-Metal-Gear-Solid-5-I...0752-2.jpg]

Now, to not derail this, I agree with what's previously been stated. I would be more hyped were it not a LotR game. However, I feel like they're going to try to pull off some poor mixture between LotR and not LotR and have it fail horribly.
Not to disappoint you, Squirrel, but Ground Zeroes is only like 3-4 hours long. It's a prequel that really, really should have just been released as a cheap downloadable episode right before the release of MGSV.

That said, 2014 is shaping up to be a pretty good gaming year if you've got a good PC and a console, preferably new gen. You've got Thief, Dark Souls 2, Destiny, Titanfall if you're into that, Watch Dogs and a bunch of other titles.
[Image: 293D4BE4-7170-4C2A-B8BF-7EA572513EBD.jpg]
Spoiler:
[Image: Lazuri65.png]