The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

FoxfiredBBQ Introduction
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:Well, it really depends how I am. Most of the time, I'm not that much of a competitive player at all. Half of the time all I do is spend my days in Halfhill farming or running around doing professions. I guess as a short, quick answer, I'm quite the all-around kind of guy.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:I hail from the United States and my primary language is American English, of course. I am trying to learn Japanese, though, so hopefully I can be bilingual. >w<

How did you get into Warcraft?:How did I get into Warcraft? My friend whom I had met in first grade got me into it when he started playing in early Burning Crusade. I never really had my own account at all up until late Cataclysm, but I did get to level my druid all the way up to 70.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:In all honesty, I was just searching around for something to do because as of today (3/6/2014), Northeastern users have been having troubles connecting to Heartstone and World of Warcraft. I got this insanely smart idea to see if there were any private servers involving roleplay, since that's all I ever do on the Public Test Realm. I found this site at the second one and I read a bit on it and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:Honestly, I enjoy all kinds of roleplay. I've been in it for maybe around three years, although that has all been on Tumblr which had greatly improved my writing and plotting skills. If I had to pick a favorite from any of my experiences, it'd be either the Post-Apocalyptic Dream Realm roleplay I did with some friends or any of the murder mysteries that I've done on World of Warcraft. I do prefer large group roleplays over smaller ones, mostly because as a rogue (point explained in next section) the underground communications practically feels limitless.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:I don't normally like to pick favorites, but when it comes to race/class combination, that would definitely be Troll Shamans (Horde) and Worgen Rogues (Alliance). For my Horde choice, it's mainly because I feel comfortable roleplaying as a race/class combination that just fits together like a puzzle in my head. I'd rather do something that feels right to me, personally, rather than listening to someone say, "Dude you should totally roll <insert race/class> because they're just so awesome and the transmogrification gear options are epic!!!1!" Troll Shamans just sound right to me, plus they can make for good 'lorekeepers' in a way. Shamanistic religions do tend to have that feel of oral legends, from what I've read into at least. For my Alliance choice, it's because the Worgen have such a beautiful story to how they came about. Honestly, if one were trapped in a city, isolated from the rest of the world and all of a sudden this curse breaks out turning the people into wolves, what else would you do other than train in some sort of rogue way? Either way, human or worgen form, the combination is fierce and very wild if done right. What's the right way you ask? There is no right way, as long as you're comfortable and feel awesome with what you do!

What are your expectations of this server?:I'd say my expectations aren't too high. As long as there aren't any insane amounts of interruptions with server maintenance and just normal interruptions in roleplay or administration that could ruin the time for anyone else, that's all I need to enjoy this server!

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:The rule that appeals most to me is the keyboard and grammar skills. Countless times have I felt that a roleplay situation wasn't as good as it could have been because of a lack of correct grammar: punctuation, spelling, quotations, etc.

Did you know that we have a Mentor Program? It's entirely voluntary and you as a new player can sign up for it right now in your introduction! Are you interested in signing up to be assigned a Mentor? If so, say so here (Please enter at least "Yes" or "No"):Although I have been in some sort of roleplay for three years, it sounds interesting and I'd be willing to take anything that would further my experience. Yes, I would be glad to join.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

Excerpt from War of the Roleplayers starter:

Quote:The entire world around is swirling with debris and ashes from the thousands upon thousands of battle that had taken place. Fiction and Reality are no longer seperated, as both are blended unto another, trying to gain the upper hand unto another. Muse and Mun alike, experiencing mass terror and bloodshed as reality struggles to bear with everything. One muse was misding, though. Where had Shadow been? Tyty, ShadoMun or The Dread Captain as he calls himself, was wandering the remains of his own household. Only the large gate-surrounded portal that erected from “TENWU”, his laptop, was left. What was so special about the portal. though? This portal, was no normal portal, as it was a Gate of the Riftwalker. The name: Njol’gar the Gate of Thousand Fears.

An elegantly clothed leg stepped out of the Gate, followed by the rest of the body. It was who the Captain feared most: Shadow, the Grimn Riftwalker. His hat was adorned with a rose and scarlet ribbon instead of the usual cream colored. At his sides were a pair of Taurus Raging Bull revolvers, the barrels of the guns marked with tribal strokes of a metallic maroon. it was clear he had used that, along with the tens upon hundreds of dissection scissors strapped around his legs and chest, because his hands and clothing was stained with blood of all colors. As seen before, Shadow was not one to kill only humans. He killed everyone, mun and muse alike. "What a horrible night to have a curse, hmm? The others were a joke, hehe. I am one of the few who are willing to slaughter anyone and everyone for a cause. Know this and one other thing, mortal. We’ve been walled up for far too long…and we will kill you all for freedom. Baahahahaahahahahahaahahaha!"

He stepped back through the portal, the swirling darkness reaching out and sticking to him, making him dossolve into Oblivion. It was time to fight this monster. He was no Riftwalker, he was a fully capable Warden.

Alternate-Timeline based starter originally based off of my Pandaren Mage, Magistorm:

Quote:A wild bearded man with a taste in beer. Ohoho, yes and quite the pirate he was, boarding ships or stealing the supplies in the midst of the moon-reflected seas. Turning to you, head of the trading fleet Captain Magi Stormweave trusts as an ally, he asks you of something. “Say, kid, there should be a royal fleet heading eastbound. They’ll cross right in front of us here,” he says pointing to a spot in open ocean, “And we’ll have only three options to attack in. In total, three brigs, two schooners, and a group of merchant ships follow a couple kilometers behind the front. There’s one last ship in the very back end of the fleet, and that’s the Man’O’War. That’s our only problem because a storm is sweeping in right towards the fleet, so if we get caught in the storm and fall behind the merchant ships…” The captain drew his finger across his neck. He was serious, and things can get dangerous when he’s serious.

"Think ye’ can handle the pressure? Good, no questions asked. Here are the three ways we can get the cargo from the merchants and schooners if they are further back than we expected. The first is if we sail ahead full speed and wait for them to leave the storm. Boring, yes. Please don’t pick that, although it’s the safest. The second way is we board the ships while they make a stop to dump unwanted weight and board the ship then. The stop is at a small island out nort. The only problem is the ocelots. Y’see, they can be feisty. The last one, the one I prefer, is that we SAIL STRAIGHT INTO THE STORM AND MEET THEM HEAD ON!!! Ahem…of course, that is my opinion. You’ve only been leading the trade fleet in the West. Never have you experience trouble other than the shark attack, but even then, it wasn’t that bad. So, what do ye say, kid?”

What my normal starters look like (this is my base-template for descriptions and anything else I need):

Quote:There he was, running again. This time, he had a reason to kill someone. An odd fellow had heard of his killings and hired him to get someone of quite some wealth and power. The Subject was supposed to be meeting a “businessman” (AKA Shadow) on the roof of a three-story tower-in-progress in The City; a dangerous place for Shadow to be as it is filled with people of high authority. Taking to the rooftops, he was moving as fast as he could in daylight, having to do a little airplane arm thing to keep the rusted chains wrapped around him from falling off. The structure wasn’t very far away, and because the buildings Shadow was running on acted a bit like stairs. Very odd, the atmosphere was. Nobody payed attention to him and the long and deathly clanging of the chains.

There he was! The only problem was that he was a block away and the jump seemed almost impossible for him to make. It was either lose the contract or risk more pain for his Obliteration Day, but Shadow knew. He knew that killing was more important than being killed and his only hope was to toss the Kama at him and try to land in a window. Doing this would hang the man just outside the building and cause panic. A true way to spread Fear of the Shadow name!

Everything slowed down and seemed grey as he made the jump. Shadow was trying to spin in mid-air so the mini-scythe would have enough velocity to reach the man, and that it did. He released it from the now clawed hand and time sped up! IT was all a blur as he barely crashed through the window, hitting the ledge on the way in. As the man hung outside, slowly dying from blood loss and lack of oxygen, the job was done, but Shadow’s status of physical health was one to be worried about.

Taking caution to wrap his cloak around himself to cover up the chains and the weapon, all that could be seen was the lantern that held the poor man’s soul. He limped out and went into the basement to take the supposed “secret tunnel” that would lead back to town. There was a tunnel, but something was off. He felt warmth. Someone else was nearby, as he dragged himself on in the water of the new sewer system. Whether it was a drop of water or a rat scurrying on the sides, something was there and he didn’t know what.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:There isn't much left. My roleplaying blog on Tumblr can be asked for in private message if it's wanted at all and feel free to contact me in any way! Dream on, Wakeners!
Hello, FoxfiredBBQ, and welcome to COTH!

If you haven’t already, please do make sure to double-check the rules and policies so you’re for sure familiar to the server’s expectations! If you have further questions, I recommend giving this guide a read, as it contains a lot of helpful information for players who are new to the server. Also, if you haven’t already, make sure to register your in-game account in the Account Management page using the same information you registered your forum name under. As for downloading the correct client and other things that you need to do in order to connect, I recommend giving this a read, as I found it very helpful myself when we made the switch to Cataclysm.

As for making your first character, there are a lot of helpful articles and guides for you to read up on in case you don’t fully understand the lore. The wiki also contains helpful tips for making a character and for when you’re writing your first profile, such as scale and height.

When you get your account created, make sure to /join Chat and /join Barrens in-game for if you have any questions not answered in the forums. Feel free to send me a message if you need any assistance, and I’ll give if a reply as soon as I can! And if not me, any Overseer, GM, or Forum Helper.

I'm a pretty active user of Tumblr, but I wasn't aware that a lot of RPing goes on there. That sounds interesting!

Also, murder mysteries? Tell me more! I'm curious as to what those were about. Is there a chance we could be seeing some here on CotH?

Anyways, I hope you enjoy your stay!

~Geo