The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

The ultimate Glitz, at your service.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

I'm Krystian and I'm 22 I'm playing WoW for 6,5 years, all of this time I spent on private servers - almost 5 years on WotLK expansion, RPing through most of it. In my free time, when I'm not playing, I'm either playing billiard with my friends at the bar, or I'm trying to write some fantasy stories, just for lulz and giggles.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I'm from Poland, thus my main language is Polish. I know English quite well though (I managed to RP in SWToR for 3 months without any problems, so it can't be so bad).

How did you get into Warcraft?:

I started to play WoW with my friend almost... more than 7 years ago. Since then, I played many games, but I always were sticking around WoW, either playing in every day or just logging on one or two times in a week.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:

I googled for a private RP server on Cata expansion, and thus I found you guys.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

More casual one - I got used to random talking, inn meetings and so on. But that was what I was RPing for most of the time, so maybe I'll learn to like something else when I try it.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

Goblins. Those little, green, greedy bastards will do anything for a shiny golden coin - and that's really what fits my characters best, since paladin-like warriors of justice are just sooo boring for me (too much Jedi RP in SWToR).
And about the class, I like hunter. Never played it for more than 20lvl, but I still have to try it - besides the priest, it's the only class I have never played.

What are your expectations of this server?:

To be honest, I don't expect much from anything or anyone. The same stuff is with your server - all I need is some RP from time to time and I'm good.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

The "Knowing when to quit" rule. I had a serious issue with a girl not knowing the difference between IC and OOC back in SWToR, and since then I don't like people who does stuff like that.

Did you know that we have a Mentor Program? It's entirely voluntary and you as a new player can sign up for it right now in your introduction! Are you interested in signing up to be assigned a Mentor? If so, say so here (Please enter at least "Yes" or "No"):

Honestly I had no idea, but I like the sound of it. I could use a mentor when it comes to the server's RP timeline, so I can fit with my character in the action - and maybe I could learn something more, since even after my ~5 years of RP playing I still don't know everything.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

The sun was setting slowly over Durotar horizon. Streets of Orgrimmar were slowly filling with shadows, but the orcs, trolls and taurens working in the city didn't stop their job. After the fires, Warchief Garrosh commanded that every building in the city was to be rebuild from metal and reinforced wood, instead of simple wooden planks. And with that order, every able worker - not counting warriors, shamans and other important people - were assigned to work in the reconstruction of the City of Warriors.
As metal was bent, nails were hammered down, and curses were said, not a single worker took a look at a goblin female walking through The Drag with a gun in her hands. Her green hair, covering her right eye, made her look even more suspicious than just the fact that she was walking, armed, through a Horde city and nobody accosted her. Glitz, because that was her name, however didn't care about either the workers or the guards. She did her job and now she has to get back to Ratchet, to get paid for a job well done.
- And who might you be, goblin, to walk in our city armed like you are? - asked someone from behind her. Glitz turned around and saw a big, muscled, green-skinned orc, wearing leather harness used by most of the guards. - Didn't you know the rules of Orgrimmar?
- I'm a courier, working for the Horde, orc. - the goblin answered, looking confident in the guard's eyes. - I have a lot of messages to deliver and you're taking my precious time, so why won't you just go and do your job, and I'll do mine?
The orc grinned his teeth and grunted. - I AM doing my job. And I'll have to get you thrown out of the city if you won't hide that gun of yours, goblin.
- I might even believe you that it's about my gun, orc, but I know better - said Glitz, still looking at the orc's face, while she holstered her gun on her back. - And you don't have to throw me out, I'm leaving this city anyway, there's nothing more for me to do here. But I wonder if Thrall would be happy, knowing what slowly becomes of the Horde. Think about it, brute, before you'll start to bully another non-orc person in this oh-so-glorious-city's walls.
The way how Glitz accented the last part of her sentence, stunned the orc. She could only imagine his surprised face, as she turned around and made her way towards the city gates, in a faster pace. This city just came on her "evade as much as possible" places.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

Got nothing to add/ask.
Hey there, Glitz! You just got yourself APPROVED!

The links below are just a handful of formalities - well, they're actually pretty critical, some of them. I'll leave which ones you decide are worth opening to your discretion, haha!

Here'sCotH's rules!
ACotH's policies!
BigA link to the version of WoW we use at CotH!
Bunch You've gotta go here to register your in-game account!
OfA bunch of handy guides on all kinds of stuff!
Links A huge resource for making characters!

Additionally, in-game you can /join chat and /join barrens to get into our universal chat channels!

I may just not be very up-to-date with our population, but I think you're our first Polish resident in one heck a long time - perhaps even our first! I have a little soft spot for Slavic languages, if only because of the way words are spelled.

I'm glad you're into gobbos, as well! They're one of those races that've got a lot of wiggle-room for characterisation, especially the kind you never thought you'd have with such a dastardly, conniving little thing. That said, my goblin is a fairly hard-working, upstanding guy compared to the rest of his kind.

S'a good story, too! But you're having points docked for not portraying orcs as the greatest things ever. Luckily, this won't reflect poorly on your being accepted - I'll just passive-aggressively read your posts from here on out and make off-hand comments about how the Bilgewaters are ruining the Horde.

... Anyway. Welcome to CotH, and I hope y'have a good time!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  *salutes* Okami At your Service Okami 2 711 06-06-2011, 02:02 AM
Last Post: Xigo