The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Introduction
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I'll be as short and simple as possible. My name's Jon Carter (no not from Mars nor Virginia), currently enrolled in an institute for animation, live in Florida (in turn EST timezone for me). I can be quirky and a bit 'off' at times admittedly but as a whole I try to be as cooperative and friendly as possible.
extremely easy going most of the time

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
As stated before, I live in Florida so that means I'm in the U.S.A.. My primary language is English, but willing to learn others.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Oh jeez. Years ago, back when Burning Crusade first came out, I visited a now acquaintance and stepped into his room as he was playing it. From there he gave me the low-down of what it was and I gave it a shot. Sadly though he despised RPers so we didn't remain friends long after this.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
Honestly? Google. Seriously. I googled 'wow private rp servers'. Sadly the server I am on now, which will go unnamed, has been slowly dying and I'm simply looking for a new home.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Just about any kind! Suspense, drama, comedy, adventure, all those elements are welcomed to me during roleplay.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I do not exactly have a -favorite- race. I've played Undead, Trolls, Dwarves, Orcs, Tauren, but since Cataclysm I've had a fondness towards Worgen.

Favored Class? I'd have to say Druid or Shaman, I play them the best of all the other classes and have a better understanding of them. This doesn't mean though I won't play any other class. :)

What are your expectations of this server?:
Honestly, all I really, truly, want is a friendly community that's willing to help new folk, enjoy RP, and I'd love for the -server itself- [I mean the physical hardware] to be stable! My current server often crashes 6-10 times daily.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Respect. It's something I find little of these days and it's honestly troubling by the lack of respect I see on my current server. If you didn't donate, or aren't an admin, on my current server you're treated as trash.

Did you know that we have a Mentor Program? It's entirely voluntary and you as a new player can sign up for it right now in your introduction! Are you interested in signing up to be assigned a Mentor? If so, say so here (Please enter at least "Yes" or "No"):
Offer is appreciated, but no thank you. I'd rather learn as I go if I have anything to work on. :)

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

"Another day, another struggle..." The Harvest Witch said to herself as she laid upon the grassy hillside, her eyes looking to the sky as stars began to decorate the night. The Witch slowly sat up, the bones of animals that decorated her armor gently clattered against one another, "Where did it all go wrong?"

As she sat there, green eyes now scanning the forest, vivid memories rushed back into her mind's eye, back when she was afflicted, when she lost herself to the beast within. She clenched her eyes shut, shaking her head violently, "No... I'm not that anymore." Her gaze went down to her fur-covered hands, "not on the inside, anyways."

"Are you ready, Den Mother?" Growled another Worgen as he approached, his armor being comprised of tree bark. Yellow eyes scanning the woman, "...Better question, are you alright?"

"I am fine." The Den Mother smiled softly, getting to her feet and grabbed hold of her staff, "Come, it's night, we should rest for the hunt tomorrow." With that she began to walk to the massive tree that was her den, the branches twisting in random directions, the bark covered in thorns.

The other Worgen nodded, bowing slightly as the Den Mother passed, "Of course, Den Mother." He snarled quietly, eyes scanning the area before following after the one he saw as Alpha.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Nothing really comes to mind currently, but I'm sure if something does pop up I could always go to the OOC area and ask. :)
Hello, Notaris, and welcome to COTH!

If you haven’t already, please do make sure to double-check the rules and policies so you’re for sure familiar to the server’s expectations! If you have further questions, I recommend giving this guide a read, as it contains a lot of helpful information for players who are new to the server. Also, if you haven’t already, make sure to register your in-game account in the Account Management page using the same information you registered your forum name under. As for downloading the correct client and other things that you need to do in order to connect, I recommend giving this a read, as I found it very helpful myself when we made the switch to Cataclysm.

As for making your first character, there are a lot of helpful articles and guides for you to read up on in case you don’t fully understand the lore. The wiki also contains helpful tips for making a character and for when you’re writing your first profile, such as scale and height.

When you get your account created, make sure to /join Chat and /join Barrens in-game for if you have any questions not answered in the forums. Feel free to send me a message if you need any assistance, and I’ll give if a reply as soon as I can! And if not me, any Overseer, GM, or Forum Helper.

We're a very stable server, thanks to the work of Kretol. So that much we can promise, along with having people here who go out of their way to help new users (this includes players of all userbases). And if anyone treats another player like trash here, we'll make sure to keep that in check and address it if it's brought up to the staff - respect is something we take very seriously here. As for your current server, I'm sorry to hear that things are going badly there! I've been through watching a community sort of...fall apart, so I know how that feels.

Also, I like your selection of races! All six of them have a lot of interesting qualities to them that makes them fun to play.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy your stay!

~Geo
Thank you very much! I'll be entirely honest, I'm testing new waters in hopes of finding a new place to go to. Yes my server is slowly falling apart, but I've been with it for years and it's practically a second home.

I appreciate the warm welcome though, and I hope to see you in-game!