The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Introduction For TheHitter, Man Who Hits Things
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I've played many forms and types of games in my day, but the kind I'm most for are the strategy and fighting games, although I do like me some sandbox from time to time. I have only recently gotten into roleplay, with a good few months under my belt, but I can already say it's a fun experience.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I'm American, I speak, and have spoken, English all my life, with a hint, nay, a dash of Spanish.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I never really played WoW before, but the concept can't be too different from all the other MMO's I've played. Hopefully my lack of experience in WoW won't effect my position in this community in any way.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
My good friend Ness referred me. I know I didn't refer anyone when making this account, but the thing is that I tried getting my friend's username in the forums to refer, but she was unable to chat with at the moment, so I went without knowing what the username was. It ended up being the same as her old Steam name, which was my first guess to begin with.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I'm strictly a tabletop/online roleplay kind of guy. The chatroom roleplay type is too "loose", if you get my meaning, and LARPing is a bit too physically active for someone like me. Also I don't want to go outside wearing chainmail whilst I strike my opponent down with a plastic sword.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favorite race is a tie between the orcs and the blood elves, due to the orc's beastly builds and devastating strength and the blood elves' magical prowess. My favorite class is the mage, purely for the variation in spell effects and their interesting magical capabilities.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect the community to be tight-knit, fun and helpful. I also expect it to be active, seeing how many people are already members.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The NPC death rules really appeals to me, because if, for example, you were to kill a merchant I go to regularly, or even one that I am aligned to, my character would and should be super-mad, and therefor hostile to the person who killed said merchant.

Did you know that we have a Mentor Program? It's entirely voluntary and you as a new player can sign up for it right now in your introduction! Are you interested in signing up to be assigned a Mentor? If so, say so here (Please enter at least "Yes" or "No"):
This Mentorship program seems pretty cool, but I don't necessarily need it, so I'll pass.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
It was a strenuous task, but Sagerth the Mighty falls to no weak-armed magic users. Not today, and not ever. Sure, his entire group disintegrated, but that is the price one must pay for being weak enough to lose to a "mage". The only downside to this turn of events is that he has naught to help grab and count all of the gold and collect the magic loot. If it's one thing these sad little magic users can do good is drop enchanted weaponry, like Sagerth's Two-Handed War Axe of Superior Impact. Them mages probably thought to themselves, "Oh my! We simply shouldn't of invented enchanting, for we have doomed ourselves by making the Great and Terrible Sagerth all the more great and terrible!" Hehe, yes. Great and terrible.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
No, sir, I feel as though I understand everything just fine.
Hello, TheHitter, and welcome to COTH!

If you haven’t already, please do make sure to double-check the rules and policies so you’re for sure familiar to the server’s expectations! If you have further questions, I recommend giving this guide a read, as it contains a lot of helpful information for players who are new to the server. Also, if you haven’t already, make sure to register your in-game account in the Account Management page using the same information you registered your forum name under. As for downloading the correct client and other things that you need to do in order to connect, I recommend giving this a read, as I found it very helpful myself when we made the switch to Cataclysm.

As for making your first character, there are a lot of helpful articles and guides for you to read up on in case you don’t fully understand the lore. The wiki also contains helpful tips for making a character and for when you’re writing your first profile, such as scale and height.

When you get your account created, make sure to /join Chat and /join Barrens in-game for if you have any questions not answered in the forums. Feel free to send me a message if you need any assistance, and I’ll give if a reply as soon as I can! And if not me, any Overseer, GM, or Forum Helper.

The NPC death rule...I'm glad to see that it's getting appreciation. People tend to know better than to go out of their way to kill an NPC, but when they do, that crime should have the same weight as it would if it were a player character. Sure, we may not get to know the depth of an NPC in comparison, and so it might not affect us the way a PC death would, but that depth can certainly be imagined for the sake of immersion.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy your stay!

~Geo

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Taverns, Dwarves, and other Introduction Things. dgemynai 4 657 06-18-2013, 01:16 PM
Last Post: Holynexus