The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

So, need a little help.
Sorry I spent my first week back just complaining and whining about myself instead of RPing. I've been considering doing this, SO: this is a list of my current characters, the basic gist of them, and the areas I want to work on with them. Using this as a basis, I want to hear who people are most interested in seeing around and interacting with, and suggestions for them!

Beivah (Dwarf, Death Knight): Apathetic one-liner factory, but not emo. Trying to get a feel of playing her in a more interesting way and not making her feel like the DK everyone has seen a hundred times.

Griff (Dwarf, Shaman): Jovial free-spirited wanderer. Does not like the Horde, especially undead. For a man who goes everywhere, the hesitation in front of the Horde is limiting his range.

Azol'thun (Draenei, Priest): Patient, parental, wise. Of which I am none of those things so I risk sounding dumb when he tries to give "advice" which is his job. Hates the Horde, especially orcs. Doesn't get around much outside of Stormwind, the Exodar, or maybe Shattrath. As you can see I kind of wrote myself into a corner with him.

Nifti (Gnome, Warrior): New character I wanted to try. Thought of having her being short-tempered, but I don't have the guts for that. Otherwise a cheery roamer. Doesn't care one way or another about the Horde.

Lotta (Goblin, Hunter): Candy-addicted mercenary. Likes flirting with big strong guys, is a bit of a sass, likes hearing about scandal and drama. Doesn't care one way or another about the Alliance. I want to be able to be funny with her, but for some reason unlike with Beivah I don't feel like I could do her rapid-fire goblin-sass justice.

Lucen (Blood Elf, Mage): New character, a mix of a character I like using for romantic Skype RPs and and alt I liked trolling retail RP with. Overweight, gluttonous, but still vain and flirty, swings both ways. Doesn't care for either faction. And being a snooty elf with weight issues, he wouldn't be seen anywhere outside of Silvermoon City. (Yeah, what a good idea right.) Originally intended a Gaston-like personality, but again I just can't be a jerk. Being a new character I still have no clue how he'd have the funds to indulge himself so much, I'm afraid of the rules applying to nobility.

Characters I'd want to try but feel nervous exploring:

-more angry Horde types (orc, troll, undead); Old Horde cultures are intimidatingly huge and I'm afraid of looking dumb, since I've made mistakes before based on misinformation or lack of information. Also I'd feel too nervous and guilty about playing a mean-spirited character.

-a "neophyte" character: I love the trope of the humble hero who's thrown into a long journey of discovery. I want to start from blank-slate, just a normal person with naive worldviews gradually discovering the way the world really is and learning about the different cultures and encountering things that could change their perspectives and even personality. But as I always say, every race has been through so much crap it's impossible to make someone who starts off relatively normal. Or maybe I'm just not seeing how with my inexperiences.

So that's about as much as I can think of right now. Feel free to drop a line about any of this stuff I just rambled about. o7
Hey there, bud!

So, on the subject of Beivah!

I only really got to see her at last weeks Tol Barad event, with the crazy dream world. I have to say that I did enjoy her as she went to beat up things that weren't there. And the one liners weren't all horrible, I can safely say I chuckled at one or two during the event. Basically, I liked her and I hope to keep seeing her around.

Also, on the issue of Horde characters!

I used to be in the same boat, buddy. It's actually rather simple, when I look back on it.

If you make an 'Old Horde' character, really the only ones you could do are just Orcs, or maybe a Forsaken from Alterac who supported the Horde. I dunno. In anycase, the lore of the different races isn't too bad. Sure they can be a bit muddy and weird, like how two races in the Horde used to be with the Alliance since forever.

Trolls aren't bad, and you don't have to just be from the Darkspear either! There are almost a dozen different Jungle-troll tribes in the game and the Horde is welcoming of all. You could be a Gurubashi who left or whatnot.

But I'll stop here so I don't needlessly extend the page out, but if you want, I could give you a few ideas or help you out with getting comfortable with Horde-side stuff. Just shoot me a PM if so!
Do you have what it takes to join the Fighting Blues?
Do you have what it takes to defend your homeland?
Will you stand up in defense of the innocent? The weak?
Will you stand up in defense of Justice and the Law?

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVE3uy8TjirssygDEKMi2...Ia13_WYQpw]

HEY BEV.

*cracks knuckles*

Let's see what we can do.

Quote:Beivah (Dwarf, Death Knight): Apathetic one-liner factory, but not emo. Trying to get a feel of playing her in a more interesting way and not making her feel like the DK everyone has seen a hundred times.

The hole people fall into with DKs is they RP them for their power and not their drama. Even if she isn't emo, a DK should take to consider their cultural heritage and what they've lost in death. It's a bit like playing a Forsaken, in some ways. Dying is a big deal; and being unable to do living things can really screw with your mind. Dwarfs in particular are a hearty "live happy" race, so the loss of those enjoyments could be milked well. Apathy and one liners are fine, because what establishes a good DK isn't who they are but how they act. You may wish to consider sticking her in the Regiment guild so she can have some brother/sister dwarfs to bounce the drama off of.

Quote:Griff (Dwarf, Shaman): Jovial free-spirited wanderer. Does not like the Horde, especially undead. For a man who goes everywhere, the hesitation in front of the Horde is limiting his range.

A more traditional dwarf and there ain't nothing wrong with that. Suggest the Regiment for him as well, as well as try and start/get involved with Ally-Horde war RP. Zenethen's Lion-Hearted guild is doing the Highlands storyline, and assuming Griff is a Wildhammer he'd be perfect there.

Quote:Azol'thun (Draenei, Priest): Patient, parental, wise. Of which I am none of those things so I risk sounding dumb when he tries to give "advice" which is his job. Hates the Horde, especially orcs. Doesn't get around much outside of Stormwind, the Exodar, or maybe Shattrath. As you can see I kind of wrote myself into a corner with him.

CotH's major Draenei guild, Sha'kur, will be getting started in the coming weeks regarding Cataclysm which will be a perfect place for a character like this! Us draenei-nerds are tightknit and like to help each other out at RPing space goats better too C:

Quote:Nifti (Gnome, Warrior): New character I wanted to try. Thought of having her being short-tempered, but I don't have the guts for that. Otherwise a cheery roamer. Doesn't care one way or another about the Horde.

Gnomes can be awesome, especially for casual encounter pick-up RP. I've not much else to say here, so just get out there and see what she sticks to.

Quote:Lotta (Goblin, Hunter): Candy-addicted mercenary. Likes flirting with big strong guys, is a bit of a sass, likes hearing about scandal and drama. Doesn't care one way or another about the Alliance. I want to be able to be funny with her, but for some reason unlike with Beivah I don't feel like I could do her rapid-fire goblin-sass justice.

Much the same as Nifti here, except Lotta sounds like she could benefit from a mercenary or neutral adventure-style guild. For the sassiness, just take it slow at first and don't go over your head. Light smarm goes a long way, biting too much gets you stuck in snark to snark combat which noone likes.

Quote:Lucen (Blood Elf, Mage): New character, a mix of a character I like using for romantic Skype RPs and and alt I liked trolling retail RP with. Overweight, gluttonous, but still vain and flirty, swings both ways. Doesn't care for either faction. And being a snooty elf with weight issues, he wouldn't be seen anywhere outside of Silvermoon City. (Yeah, what a good idea right.) Originally intended a Gaston-like personality, but again I just can't be a jerk. Being a new character I still have no clue how he'd have the funds to indulge himself so much, I'm afraid of the rules applying to nobility.

If you could get this guy out of Silvermoon (say perhaps Hearthglen or even a goblin town) he sounds like he could be hilarious. That said, I've a snooty elf of my own who'd gladly kick his ass in shape.

Quote:-a "neophyte" character: I love the trope of the humble hero who's thrown into a long journey of discovery. I want to start from blank-slate, just a normal person with naive worldviews gradually discovering the way the world really is and learning about the different cultures and encountering things that could change their perspectives and even personality. But as I always say, every race has been through so much crap it's impossible to make someone who starts off relatively normal. Or maybe I'm just not seeing how with my inexperiences.

While every race has had its ass kicked at least three ways from Sunday, there is always room for a neophyte! There's always commoners and apprentices who while knowing of their people's history ar eyet to really live it themselves. The human/worgen peasant, the dwarf rancher, the gnome bookworm, the night elf druid rookie, the draenei isolationist, the orc peon, the troll hunter, the tauren leatherworker, the forsaken newly-risen, the blood elf acolyte, or the goblin merchant. Of your already-listed characters, Griff and Nifti could already be these! Its easy to forget most characters in WC -are- normal, due to the gameplay nature allowing us to see andnfight crazy stuff.
Your stories will always remain...
[Image: nIapRMV.png?1]
... as will your valiant hearts.
If you are afraid of breaking these characters in at a more public setting, we can arrange for private RPs with limited numbers or just 1-1. Just Skype me whenever you're good and ready :)
[Image: 3HQ8ifr.gif]
I definitely echo what Thoradin and Cappn said above me, on the topic of rolling an Old Horde character. My recommendation there? Try Tauren. I think you'll find that they as a race are the easiest to avoid the 'big and dumb' stereotype with, given their culture. Well...they still fit the big stereotype, but that can't be helped! My first old horde was a Tauren and I think it helped me appreciate the rest of the Horde races as well, and I was able to expand from there.

But I definitely say go for that blank slate character. Throwing an innocent and sheltered person into the world to be chewed up can be the most satisfying of stories. Don't worry about him or her being of a simple background - that's easy to build upon as you go. It's also just...really fun and rewarding to start from scratch.