The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

My Introduction (sorry if it's the wrong place)
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I haven't roleplayed in a while, but when I used to, I loved it a lot. I'm dedicated to groups and, not to toot my own horn, pretty skilled in roleplaying. I'm really interesting in Warcraft roleplaying because I haven't done it in a while, and I don't want to level a character on retail to roleplay.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
United States, English

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I played Warcraft 3 a bit, and my brother started playing World of Warcraft in 2005. I played on his account for a bit, and soon got my own account near the beginning of Burning Crusade

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
A friend recommended me the server, and I like how serious it is.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I like all kinds of roleplay, but I really like orc, tauren, and dwarf / human roleplay.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Probably an orc shaman. It goes back to the roots of the orcs, and fits them very well.

What are your expectations of this server?:
My expectation is a serious, fun roleplay server where I can engage in meaningful roleplay that doesn't have a bunch of mary-sues.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Mainly, I like how the roleplay in the server is serious, and everyone's just a cog in the machine. It's nice to see that you can just be a regular person that helps out a bit, and encourages you to not a demigod amazing half-demon

Did you know that we have a Mentor Program? It's entirely voluntary and you as a new player can sign up for it right now in your introduction! Are you interested in signing up to be assigned a Mentor? If so, say so here (Please enter at least "Yes" or "No"):
No, I'm familiar with roleplay.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
(Not sure if this is what you mean, but here I go.)

The overarching trees of Ashenvale loom over the Orc logging camp near the border of the Barrens. Saurak, an orc warrior, sharpens his axe near an anvil. His wolf lies at his feet, ever loyal since it was a pup. Sergeant Malkor watches from the guard tower, pacing up and down the stairs, his hand on the hilt of his hand axe. The only sound is the peons chopping trees, the hammering of the anvil, and the soft purrs of the wolf. Suddenly, a sharp whirring is heard over the hammering, and the yell of a peon is heard across the gate. Night elves emerge from the trees, and an ancient looms over the gate, slowly converging on the gate. Sergeant Malkor's war horn is blown, a shrill cry across the northern Barrens border. All able-bodied soldiers stop what they're doing, and grab any weapon they can. Saurak runs towards the gate with his wolf at his side, ready for battle. The ancient smashes through the gate, huge pieces of wood splitting out and decapitating some peons. A war cry emerges from the orcs, and they charge out.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
No, but thank you for reading my application!
Throm'ka, potential recruit!

You have taken a tremendous step with this submission! You will get a response in due time, but meanwhile you may wish to ensure you've reviewed the following:
  • Rules (Remember, ignorance is no excuse in the case of rule-breaking! Don't make the Peon Overseers lash you with the whip any more than necessary!)
  • Policies (There are some policies that may be rather uncommon, so if you have not yet checked them then spare a moment to do so!)

Some extra reading that may be of use:
Soon, you should receive a reply to your submission from one of the Peon Overseers informing you of whether you are a suitable candidate for Peonship. Be patient! Just review the above information and a response will come before you know it! As an aside, I think Peon Bobocrunch has an... er... 'interesting' ring to it, eh?
Hello, Bobocrunch, and welcome to COTH!

If you haven’t already, please do make sure to double-check the rules and policies so you’re for sure familiar to the server’s expectations! If you have further questions, I recommend giving this guide a read, as it contains a lot of helpful information for players who are new to the server. Also, if you haven’t already, make sure to register your in-game account in the Account Management page using the same information you registered your forum name under. As for downloading the correct client and other things that you need to do in order to connect, I recommend giving this a read, as I found it very helpful myself when we made the switch to Cataclysm.

As for making your first character, there are a lot of helpful articles and guides for you to read up on in case you don’t fully understand the lore. The wiki also contains helpful tips for making a character and for when you’re writing your first profile, such as scale and height.

When you get your account created, make sure to /join Chat and /join Barrens in-game for if you have any questions not answered in the forums. Feel free to send me a message if you need any assistance, and I’ll give if a reply as soon as I can! And if not me, any Overseer, GM, or Forum Helper.

I think you'll find that the server is empty of mary-sue characters and overpowered folks: one of the things that we stress is that your character might not change the world, but can be a small component of the things that do change the world. This allows for it to be everyone's story, and not just one person's. Also, If you're interested in playing an Orc and want to find RP for him or her, I can point you towards @Maulbane; the guy is running a guild known as The Earthworks.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy your stay!

~Geo