The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Future expansions
I apologize if this has been covered elsewhere, but I was wondering if coth had any plans to upgrade to the newer expansions, MoP and/or WoD?
We just converted to Cata last year and are still in the midst of progressing the Cata storyline! When and if CotH goes MoP/WoD, it will likely be several years down the road!
Your stories will always remain...
[Image: nIapRMV.png?1]
... as will your valiant hearts.
Just out of curiosity, why such a long time to wait?
We took a long time to switch to Cata because we wanted a more stable core before making the switch, but after so long on Wrath, we made the jump, and just dealt with problems as they came up. We are a year in Cata, but there are still plenty of storylines, both personal and lore, to do with the expansion. There's no need to rush into the next expansion simply because it's there.
The overarching reason is probably because it takes a while to address all the stuff in an expansion in a roleplay setting. If we jumped from expansion to expansion every year it'd be pretty stressing, IMO.
As I understand it, there are some increasingly stable MoP cores that are being worked on by other servers. So! With that said, once the Hivemind agrees that the Cataclysm has been sufficiently "wrapped up" we may indeed make the move to Mists of Pandaria!

But! Until then there are a whole ton of event chains that are going on. You can look at them here. @Maulbane did a good job of fixing up a nice list of events, though it could deal with an update now that one of our GM's has started the ball on the Hyjal storyline.

But back to the original question; Mists may come to us anywhere from 4-6 months to a year or more, depending. We were on Wrath of the Lich King for about 3 years, I think, if not longer. Hopefully, once all these great storylines wrap up, we can convince Kretol to snatch a stable 5.4 core and then boost us to level 90!
Do you have what it takes to join the Fighting Blues?
Do you have what it takes to defend your homeland?
Will you stand up in defense of the innocent? The weak?
Will you stand up in defense of Justice and the Law?

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVE3uy8TjirssygDEKMi2...Ia13_WYQpw]

To clarify, I don't believe we've ever held back an expansion for more than a couple months due to on-going storylines. The real limiter here is that we need a stable, working, and publicly-accessible core/emulator to run for the server. If this is available, I don't think Kretol would hesitate to make the switch, with enough time provided to wrap up storylines first.

However, given the accessibility issues, we generally stay about one expansion behind where retail is, so I wouldn't really expect MoP until after WoD hits retail.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
In the meantime, we'll have to sit here and salivate over the WoD models.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Future of CoTH Harmonic 17 9,836 01-23-2015, 02:36 PM
Last Post: Holynexus
  Community Inquiry: Forsaken Role Play and its future on CotH CappnRob 22 5,056 07-28-2014, 11:14 AM
Last Post: Reigen
  The Future of Lordaeron (Not the Guild Unfortunately) SputnikRising 9 2,046 01-18-2010, 09:10 PM
Last Post: Vlademar
  Future minor events Painkillah 9 1,660 04-22-2009, 02:42 AM
Last Post: Painkillah