The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Xithren's Introduction
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Well, I have quite a bit of experience with roleplaying, starting when I first joined a local D&D group in middle school, since then I have had the pleasure of myself being a DM and leading a campaign, alongside role playing on retail back during TBC. As a player I pride myself on being very knowledgeable about the World of Warcraft universe and its diverse and intriguing lore, and I am comfortable both leading a roleplaying scenario and join along side and contributing to one that is already in progress.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
Born and raised in America, my primary language is English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I started playing Warcraft III back in middle school, but as soon as I heard that World of Warcraft existed I jumped headfirst into it, played from vanilla up to early WotLK.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
Well, after googling WoW roleplaying private servers and sifting through a handful of results this one really stuck out to me, the fact that not just anyone can get in leads me to believe that the overall quality of the community will be higher than the other alternatives.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I generally enjoy all types of roleplay, although excessive amounts of battle roleplay can be somewhat boring, player to player interactions that don't involve bashing one anothers head in tend to be more interesting in my opinion, but thats not to say I don't enjoy occasionally garroting the unsuspecting individual.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Oh, this one is tough. Orcs have such an interesting and complex backstory, while Trolls have a equally complex culture, I really find it hard to choose between them... As for class a sly trickster rogue, or a cunning arch-magus tend to be my preference.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Hopefully this server contains some of the highest quality roleplayers around, I expect interesting and unique characters with very few of the generic sort.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
This is a hard one, all of the rules and regulations are excellent, but I suppose the no godmodding/powergaming/metagaming would be a real selling point for me, on some of the other servers I have tried this was a huge turn-off and wasn't widely enforced.

Did you know that we have a Mentor Program? It's entirely voluntary and you as a new player can sign up for it right now in your introduction! Are you interested in signing up to be assigned a Mentor? If so, say so here (Please enter at least "Yes" or "No"):
Yes, I'm not all to familiar with the Cataclysm expansion and as helpful as the forums have been there may be useful insight to be gained from a mentor who has been playing here for awhile.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

Avomoni Rodeak finished placing the last charge of seafouium deep within the excavation site at Bael Modan. He stood up and removed the detonator from his pack.
There were sounds of fighting up above, a great cacophony of violence rising to a deafening crescendo, audible even here, deep within the earth. The world began to shake, a great cry was heard, one the seemed to have split the very earth asunder. In one hand he held a detonator, in the other a miniaturized ring of platinum discs.
There was a great quake, the sounds of violence rose to drown out all else.
There are some things that mortals were never meant to have uncovered.
He activated the detonator.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Well, not exactly but with the above short story I wasn't exactly sure what to write, so I just kind of threw something together, I can always write something different if you would like.
Throm'ka, potential recruit!

You have taken a tremendous step with this submission! You will receive an 'official' response in due time, but meanwhile you may wish to ensure you've reviewed the following:
  • Rules (Remember, ignorance is no excuse in the case of rule-breaking! Don't make the Peon Overseers lash you with the whip any more than necessary!)
  • Policies (There are some policies that may be rather uncommon, so if you have not yet checked them then spare a moment to do so!)

Some extra reading that may be of use:
Soon, you should receive a reply to your submission from one of the Peon Overseers informing you of whether you are a suitable candidate for Peonship. Be patient! Just review the above information and a response will come before you know it! As an aside, I think Peon xithren has an... er... 'interesting' ring to it, eh?
Welcome to CotH!

First, be sure to check out our servers rules and policies, just so you're well-versed on the foundation of the server. The server has a wealth of information at the Articles/Guides section of the forums, and I would highly suggest you consult at least one or two guides when you start a new character. We have a full download for the Cataclysm game folder for both Mac and PC available.

In-game, there are purple portals scattered about. The primary OOC area is under Neutral Hubs, and is named "GM Island". This is where people loiter between roleplaying. I would also suggest that you /join chat and /join barrens once you get in-game, as we tend to prefer keeping LFG open for people looking for roleplay. We also have a few commands of note available to all players. Firstly is .lo rp <item>. This command will show all spawn-able RP items that match the criteria of the name. Then, you take the six numbers next to the item and add them to .add <000000>. This armor is wearable, but holds the same armor restrictions as it would on retail (I.E., we don't have Priests in Plate). We also have the .scale command, which functions from between .9 and 1.1, changing your in-game size.

Orcs and Trolls, eh? Might I suggest taking a look at The Earthworks? As for the mentor program, you'll be assigned one fairly soon, I believe. Lastly, for the story -- I'm not sure if that's long enough. It very well may be, but I don't usually handle introductions, so I'm not really sure. There'd be no harm in tossing a longer one into our In-character posts forum.
Formally approving this since FlyingSquirrel missed it. :) Welcome to CotH! *presses button*
Pssh. That was purposeful. Obviously. I never mess up!