The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Dabu
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player: I'm Marin and I've been roleplaying for about ten years now. I began playing WoW in 2005; I did not really start 'playing' WoW, as a result of my very young age at the time, until roughly 2008 during WOTLK and did not really start RPing on WoW until fairly recently in early 2013 or so. I've RP'd mostly through chats and message boards, enjoying the freedom I get from them. However as a fairly recent trend I've very much enjoyed the... visual aspect of RPing on WoW I'm a very 'professional' roleplayer in the sense that I have a fairly professional attitude towards it. I'm not big on drama, I'm generally not malicious towards my peers, I have a rock solid barrier between IC and OOC and I generally succeed in keeping in mind that roleplaying is only for fun.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?: I come from America and my primary language is English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:Technically speaking I got Warcraft 3 from my parents for Christmas at some point and that was my first experience with Warcraft. Not long later World of Warcraft became a thing. My getting into WoW was a bit funnier of a story. I actually got into WoW back in 2005 because one of my friends dragged me along with them from Star Wars Galaxies. I never got past level 10 back then, but I made a couple of memories before quitting until WOTLK.

The resurgence of my interest in WoW was primarily because I got sick of other MMOs and their lack of huge explorable worlds and basic platforming elements. (I know people wouldn't normally consider "Being able to jump up on a log" platforming but this is compared to your average MMO where you can't even do that.)

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?: Basically? A google search for "WoW RP Private Server"

That's pretty much it. I decided to invest some time into seeing if the server would be fun for me and here I am. I really don't... /know/ anything about this particular server that would pull me in. The few systems I have seen haven't exactly blown my mind, but that's alright; It's really up to the playerbase to make or break my interest at this point.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?: I tend to like social RP revolving around meaningful conflicts. Character development, romance, danger and IC drama. Fights and enemies are excellent for fueling these things, but for the most part I cannot enjoy myself without my social RP.

Give me a war to fight and I will create a hero other people enjoy roleplaying with on and off the battlefield.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?: Really tough question.

It /was/ draenei originally, but that was before I really became equated with the lore beyond a very basic level. My love of the draenei is mostly aesthetic. I /dig/ how exotic their appearance is. Their hilariously extreme sexual dimorphism never ceases to make me chuckle, their accents never cease to make me chuckle and they're at the perfect ratio of non-human body type for me to give them plenty of quirks based on it without going overboard.

However, as I learned more about their lore I found it slightly restricting and draenei fell out of favor with me. I still like them quite a bit, but they're definitely not my favorite race anymore.

The new spot has to go to... blood elves / high elves. I bunch them together because they both share the one trait I love the most about them: Perseverance and a history of hardship. I love their lore and they single-handedly make me regret not RPing on WoW during The Burning Crusade. Their morphology is also kind of fun. I enjoy casually playing upon their grace as a quirk and their floppy ears occasionally make for a decent alternative to facial expressions for emoting. I also fell in love with their eyes after recognizing the deep relation between the color of their eyes and what magic happens to be coursing through them at the moment. They've even got this little vampirism thing going in the case of blood elves! That's a TON to work with for a race that looks so human.

Here's a summarized list of my feelings on the other playable races of WoW

Humans: A little boring, not gonna lie.
Dwarf: I would rather play a midget of any other race than a dwarf.
Night Elf: I have mixed feelings about the matriarchy, but I do like them.
Gnomes: Gnomes -occasionally- make for great quirky characters.
Worgen: Sadly, I'm just not into werewolves as a concept.
Orcs: I like RPing with orcs better than RPing orcs, but prefer them to humans.
Trolls: I find the non-playable forest trolls significantly more interesting.
Undead: Tied with orc for favorite horde race.
Tauren: They're alright. The female tauren aesthetic bothers me though.
Goblins: Marginally more interesting than gnomes.
Pandaren: Pandaria lore is amazing. Pandaren... are merely okay.

If I could choose one race to become playable it would be ethereals.

My favorite class is paladin, simply because it is the one I play on retail and the one I'm most comfortable with by a long shot in terms of PvE and PvP. Y'see I don't like playing casters but I really like magic. Lorewise however I take an equal if not greater interest in mages and warlocks. My least favorite class lorewise is the warrior, because I've had slightly too many bad experiences with other RPers playing a warrior as any old grunt and then using solid badassery to somehow beat an Archmage to death or something equally unlikely. I feel like the class is frequently misunderstood and rarely used to it's full potential and that just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

What are your expectations of this server?: I haven't a clue. I'm walking in blind and giving it my best shot.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?: I kinda like how structured making a character is on this server. There's a lot of staff involvement and I suspect this will cut down on any OOC drama sprouting from personal preferences on what is 'acceptable roleplay'. That to me is a comforting thought.

Did you know that we have a Mentor Program? It's entirely voluntary and you as a new player can sign up for it right now in your introduction! Are you interested in signing up to be assigned a Mentor? If so, say so here (Please enter at least "Yes" or "No"): I would very much like this. It would be a great opportunity for me to make a new friend and would greatly help me ease into and become invested in the server. So yes. Please. This is a godsend for me. Thank you.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

A relatively young™ blood elven magi watched the horizon from her position leaning against the side of a boat, her layered dress keeping her comfortably warm and respectably as the northern air blew past them. Her ears fidgeted slightly as she picked up the low conversation of a couple of trolls nearby discussing said cold, unable to stop herself from silently judging them a little for not having dressed a little better for the trip. It was a very simple concept; leaving the space between your legs open for cold air to blow through was not an ideal choice for keeping warm. A good, thick set of robes were your best friend in harsh weather.

It was easy to judge them; they were trolls.

She had much bigger concerns however. Not but a year ago her mother wouldn't have dared allow her to fight, fearing for her life. She had studied and trained hard for this day however; they needed all the help they could get and it was either she took to the fight or the fight came to her. That didn't stop a certain terror from welling up in her heart however. Brave as she was, the notion that she might never see home again chilled her harder than even the wind could.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

No.
Throm'ka, potential recruit!

You have taken a tremendous step with this submission! You will receive an 'official' response in due time, but meanwhile you may wish to ensure you've reviewed the following:
  • Rules (Remember, ignorance is no excuse in the case of rule-breaking! Don't make the Peon Overseers lash you with the whip any more than necessary!)
  • Policies (There are some policies that may be rather uncommon, so if you have not yet checked them then spare a moment to do so!)

Some extra reading that may be of use:
Soon, you should receive a reply to your submission from one of the Peon Overseers informing you of whether you are a suitable candidate for Peonship. Be patient! Just review the above information and a response will come before you know it! As an aside, I think Peon Ciel has an... er... 'interesting' ring to it, eh?
Hello there, Ciel! Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

That's the most I've seen anyone discuss their favourites as far as races and classes are concerned in an introduction before. It was fun to read! (Blood Elves forever! o7) Thank you for giving us a shot and I hope you find something you like, here!

I'm glad to hear you're interested in the Mentor Program, as well. I'll sign you right up and you'll receive a PM from your assigned Mentor ASAP. :)

Remember to register your in-game account in the Account Management page with the exact information you registered your forum name under.

As per standard approval procedure, I'm going to link you to a few nice places that it certainly doesn't hurt if you double-check and make yourself extra familiar with. These are the Rules and Policies, as well as the FAQs. They've got a bunch of vital information in them.

Without further ado, welcome to the server and I hope we'll see you around!

Happy RPing!

Love,
Overseer Loxmardin

Oh, and one more thing!

http://www.conquestofthehorde.com/Thread...CotH-Group

If you're interested in joining our Skype group, check that thread out. Feel free to add my Skype (loxmardin) and I'll throw you in there quick and easy, as well. :) It's a good place for some chit-chatter and RP-coordination if you have Skype.

(I need to add this to my template, gah!)
Thanks, Loxmardin! My history with forum RP has gotten me used to writing a lot, though RPing with a character limit has gotten me used to brevity as well. ;P Frankly I was tempted to expand on the other races as well, but I refrained. (I will say that Dwarves and Worgen are the only two races I generally just do not like playing.)
(04-15-2014, 05:37 PM)Ciel Wrote: (I will say that Dwarves and Worgen are the only two races I generally just do not like playing.)

/eyetwitch

But dorves r best. However, I'm curious -- if you like perseverance and a history of hardship, why are the Kaldorei not higher? I can understand the bit about the matriarchy, but one could argue that the genders are more leaning towards equality with Malfurion's return.
@FlyingSquirrel: I actually find it extremely jarring that sexual equality gets shoved into so many races in a world where people still kill eachother over what race they happen to be. It bugs me, it really does. So... The kal'dorei having a history of a matriarchy and now pushing towards equality is honestly the least interesting scenario Blizzard could've presented me with.

That's why I love Forest Trolls so much more than Darkspear Trolls. The darkspears are literally too civilized for my liking.

I like the kal'dorei more than you think though in spite of this. They probably rank either 2nd or 3rd on my list of favorites competing with Draenei
Well, if you ever end up with a Night Elf in need of a guild, I do have this little guild called Dorini Thera which is looking for active members. Just a little shameless self-promotion there.

My own guild advertisements notwithstanding, welcome to CoTH! I'm sure you'll love it here!
I can definitely agree with that. Especially with more warlike races like the Orcs, where they have things like female Grunts. In a more realistic fashion, the woman would be protected like hell and pregnant more than not. I suppose that's why it's fantasy and not realism, though.
@FlyingSquirrel: Maybe I'm alone here, but I would actually enjoy that realistic twist. At the very least it would lend more weight to when races like the kal'dorei actually reverse the norm.

*Omni Shrug*

@Rokhjin: I'll consider that~ Thanks for the offer!
Hey, look! A fellow Megaman fan! Welcome to COTH!
Perhaps it is your imperfection that which grants you free will, that allows you to persevere against cosmically calculated odds. You prevailed where the Titans' own perfect creations have failed.

- Algalon, The Observer