The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Why hello there

I'm Alex (Nicolay), dwelling in Romania since birth. I speak close-to-fluent English, so the language barrier won't be a problem.
I must say, for being a private server, i did not expect it to be this complex to start playing.

As a 6+ years player, come-and-go out of Toxic Network in the BC years and now playing on MoltenWoW's Wotlk server, i always wanted a place where i could actually live out the WoW story and learn the lore. However, most servers these days are just PvP, so i never found myself to be at peace when undercity was being raided and the horde guys were out in brill waiting for the alliance to get out so the could auction their stuff. Or when the tier10 alliance Paladin harass-chases my level 70 horde rogue through half of the hellfire peninsula, even tho i just got there.
So i decided to Google a role-playing server and out of all I've encountered, yours seems the most promising of the bunch. You people really seem to take this seriously. I like that

I enjoyed role-playing as long as i can think back to. I seriously think you can't take a rpg seriously (especially if it's a sandbox) without some degree of role-play. Besides the System Shock series, Bioshock series, Elder Scrolls series, Eye of the Beholder and World of Warcraft, I've done a great deal of AD&D playing in my time, so i guess i can freely say i can role-play everything.

In world of warcraft, the Forsaken Faction appeals to me most, partially due to their place in the wow lore and their story so far.
Naturally, i chose rogue most of the times, as I'm not a fan of fighting, but sneaking by and incapacitating the enemies are my tools of the trade when it comes to actually having to fight. oh, and don't turn your back on a rogue. you know why, don't pretend you don't.

I can say I'm pretty drawn to your server by the comprehensive role-play rules you have here, as well as a world-wide requirement of tolerance and maturity. this is what makes a role-play game good. I will mostly go around soloing most quests but i will gladly appeal to other players when I'd need them. I'm also going to help low-levels if i see it fit to do by character.

For now, i would like to make a character and make a name for myself starting from level one. i have already created his profile and sheet and i intend to use it as a template for what my character will be in-game.

As for the Mentor thing, I'd rather just try it out on my own at the moment, but if anything i do would not be according to what this server is about, feel free to force-feed me one or make me leave if i refuse.

As for the story part, here it goes:

"You might not be familiar with my faction."
Several undead appear from behind me, with a rogue hitting me over the head.
"Fear or your stomach may have driven you away from ever meeting us."
Their leader, a warlock by his outfit, cracks a wicked smile. as if his teeth weren't already mostly showing.
"But when you come in our domain and do as little as be rude to our kind, you are sure to feel our wrath."
I take a few steps back, visibly scared and confused by these walking corpses. I did not expect more of them in these parts.
"You seem to be lost, however." he says, while taking a step forward.
My eyes widen. I hold my weapon tight, expecting an attack.
"You probably slapped that girl around just because Gutterspeak isn't your thing and you thought she was making fun of you."
I suddenly realize. That undead girl didn't fight back. I tried to knock her out after trying to find out more about Arthas's whereabouts, but she didn't even look at me. She just sat there, taking it, seemingly disappointed in me for attacking her. Not even raising her hand to fight me.
"You. The girl was with you? Are you those rogue Scourge called the Forsaken? I just wanted a regular zombie that would tell me of Arthas."
"I really hope that's the case, Tauren. I hope you didn't come here to plant flowers on our decaying corpses."
The undead lowers his weapon. The others follow.
"Yes, we are the Forsaken. Come, there's someone you need to apologize to."
Shocked that they did not attack me, i was still unwilling to follow them, as they might lead me to a trap. They're undead. Reasonable as they seem, they're still abominations.
"Come and talk to the girl. I'll be your translator."
He gestures to the girl, who was sitting on the floor motionless and looking down.
"How do i know you won't attack me?" i say, gripping my weapon again in expectation of a clash.
"If you do not follow I'll show you what it's like to be beaten up by a more powerful guy. Tell her you're sorry and no harm will come to you."

well ,that's it for now. let me know how this goes.

oh, and I've never played cataclysm so far. i rather not go there either. i saw the wotlk backup server that you have there and i sort of want to populate that one at this time.
Throm'ka, potential recruit!

You have taken a tremendous step with this submission! You will receive an 'official' response in due time, but meanwhile you may wish to ensure you've reviewed the following:
  • Rules (Remember, ignorance is no excuse in the case of rule-breaking! Don't make the Peon Overseers lash you with the whip any more than necessary!)
  • Policies (There are some policies that may be rather uncommon, so if you have not yet checked them then spare a moment to do so!)

Some extra reading that may be of use:
Soon, you should receive a reply to your submission from one of the Peon Overseers informing you of whether you are a suitable candidate for Peonship. Be patient! Just review the above information and a response will come before you know it! As an aside, I think Peon Nicolay has an... er... 'interesting' ring to it, eh?
Hello there, Nicolay! Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

Even if you didn't actually include the template, which we normally require, you did answer the questions comprehensively as if it was included. .. So you pass. :) However, I do need to mention that the WotLK backup server isn't actually populated for roleplay or anything of the sort. People mainly go there to gather outfits on their old characters, or GMs use it for building so they can use AddOns not compatible with Cata yet for aid. The rest of the server is set in Cataclysm. I hope this won't dissuade you.

Also, do you have Skype? If so, you should check out this thread! Feel free to add my Skype (loxmardin) as well, if you want to chat, ask questions or have me add you to the official CotH Skype Group, manually!

Remember to register your in-game account in the Account Management page with the exact information you registered your forum name under.

As per standard approval procedure, I'm going to link you to a few nice places that it certainly doesn't hurt if you double-check and make yourself extra familiar with. These are the Rules and Policies, as well as the FAQs. They've got a bunch of vital information in them.

Without further ado, welcome to the server and I hope we'll see you around!

Happy RPing!

Love,
Overseer Loxmardin
Ah yes. The Holy Template.
I specifically followed the template without adding the questions in my post per-se. Felt less like answering a questionnaire and, in my opinion, it gave my introduction a little character.

But I'm glad that was okay, I'll begin by submitting my character as soon as possible and start the actual roleplaying.
That is... when i free up some space for a separate Cata client.

I'm glad all is well tho. Thank you for the admittance. I'll try to make sure this first approval will not be in vain.