The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

... Caw?
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

I'm just a person who isn't too sure what she wants in life yet. I'm really shy as far as personal information is concerned, and I generally keep my Skype reserved for IRL relations (sorry). I want to learn how to write better, and I'm always interested in meeting strange characters and engaging in weird situations. But . . . yeah. I'm a pretty private person otherwise.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I'm a real American. I fight for free-e-dom. I speak American.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

A friend of mine got me into it a while back, and I just sort of got hooked with the lore. Sort of getting sick of the direction the canon lore is going in, but hopefully I can still have fun just . . . you know. Roleplaying.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:

Google. The forums displayed a higher level of quality than the other servers I saw.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

Casual roleplay really. Just getting some fun personalities together and seeing what happens.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

Going to have to go with Blood Elves (with Undead as a second). Blood Elves just have a really fun backstory to work with, and the haughty personality always brings fun conflict. Also... I just like them aesthetically. For class, I'll go with the mage. It's a very versatile class as far as the character you can get from it goes, and I like that. Paladin and Death Knights are runner-ups.

What are your expectations of this server?:

I'm just interested in roleplaying, and hopefully CotH has a good amount of that. I want to improve as a writer. Being around high-quality writing should help me out there, right?

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

Respect. Waaaay annoyed with how people are so flippant on retail. Hoping things are different here!

Did you know that we have a Mentor Program? It's entirely voluntary and you as a new player can sign up for it right now in your introduction! Are you interested in signing up to be assigned a Mentor? If so, say so here (Please enter at least "Yes" or "No"):

Sure, why not?

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

I'm going to hold off on this for a bit, sorry!
Throm'ka, potential recruit!

You have taken a tremendous step with this submission! You will receive an 'official' response in due time, but meanwhile you may wish to ensure you've reviewed the following:
  • Rules (Remember, ignorance is no excuse in the case of rule-breaking! Don't make the Peon Overseers lash you with the whip any more than necessary!)
  • Policies (There are some policies that may be rather uncommon, so if you have not yet checked them then spare a moment to do so!)

Some extra reading that may be of use:
Soon, you should receive a reply to your submission from one of the Peon Overseers informing you of whether you are a suitable candidate for Peonship. Be patient! Just review the above information and a response will come before you know it! As an aside, I think Peon Sparrow has an... er... 'interesting' ring to it, eh?
Hello there, Sparrow! Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

/claims

Good to see that you finally made an introduction. :) I'll get you signed up for the Mentor Program, as well. You'll receive a PM from your appointed Mentor ASAP!

If you do have Skype or decide to get it, you should check out this thread! Feel free to add my Skype (loxmardin) as well, if you want to chat, ask questions or have me add you to the official CotH Skype Group, manually!

Remember to register your in-game account in the Account Management page with the exact information you registered your forum name under.

As per standard approval procedure, I'm going to link you to a few nice places that it certainly doesn't hurt if you double-check and make yourself extra familiar with. These are the Rules and Policies, as well as the FAQs. They've got a bunch of vital information in them.

Without further ado, welcome to the server and I hope we'll see you around!

Happy RPing!

Love,
Overseer Loxmardin
Quote:What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I'm a real American. I fight for free-e-dom. I speak American.

'MERICA!

Quote:How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:

Google. The forums displayed a higher level of quality than the other servers I saw.

See, I knew I wasn't the only one who based a lot of the first impression on the forums. Other sites just tend to be so cluttered and unprofessional looking that it makes me turn away without even giving them a chance.

I see you also like Blood Elves and Mages! If you happen to ever need help on anything Elf/Mage related, shoot me a PM. I've likely done way too much research on the arcane that a sane person has time for.
... I approved the moment I saw the adorable sparrow avatar.
Spoiler:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0[/youtube]
(04-23-2014, 09:02 AM)Sparrow Wrote:
What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

Casual roleplay really. Just getting some fun personalities together and seeing what happens.

retail or otherwise, I've never found any community that focuses on character interaction and development in the Warcraft setting as well as CotH.

You've come to the right place.
Awesome, thanks!