The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

The Epic Scotsman
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player: Hmm where to start? Sorry if this ends up sounding like a dating profile but I am awful at self description! I am 6'7, Scottish, loud, and jubilant. I am a welder by trade and a writer by heart. I've always been the creative type though I prefer to do my work with my hands. I've played World of Warcraft since vanilla up until recently when all of my RP partners quit on me and I began to find the game depressing to be on.

I had remembered hearing about this server a long long time ago where it had been suggested to me by a friend. However back then I don't think I had a firm enough grasp of writing or advanced concepts to really join you guys; though I was admitted in for a short while.

I am 22 years of age and am pretty much an open book, I've been role playing since I was 9 years old in various table tops or other MMO's, you'd think after so long I'd be skilled but I still consider myself bad even though those I do RP with would beat me for even uttering such a comment.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?: I come originally from Scotland, though I've lived in the USA since I was about 9 years old. I currently live in southern California however I still have strong ties with my heritage and visit home whenever possible.

How did you get into Warcraft?: Funnily enough there is a story behind this! Before playing WoW I was playing Final Fantasy 11 and one of my favorite things to do was go to a local internet cafe called Wired gamez. Something about gaming in public always made it all the more fun to me. This particular establishment used to offer an awesome deal called the Ironman challenge, a 24 hour stint for only 5 dollars! A friend and I were on about hour 15, fueled solely by pizza flavored hot pockets, and 2 liters of mountain dew.

A young kid came barging in being very loud and generally disruptive, all around a bit of a nuisance. He had with him something I'd never heard anything about, it was a brand new copy of vanilla wow, it had JUST released that very same day. He sat himself to the computer to my left and began to un-box the game, I watched curiously from my own terminal as he installed it on the computer. It was not long till he came to the point when he had to fill in billing information and I watched the color slowly drain from his face, A game he had to pay for, preposterous, who in their right mind would do such a thing?!

He stormed up to the front register yelling and asking why he couldn't get into the game. When told why he seemed wholly displeased with the answers given by the staff, so he barged out of the cafe. In his haste and rage he just so happened to have left his brand new copy of World of Warcraft sitting on the computer desk.

Well being the good samaritan that I was I held onto the game for him figuring he'd come raging back in for it, but to my surprise he never did! So when it rolled around to my 24 hours being up I took the bugger home with me, installed it that day. My first character was a Tauren druid that I got to level 18 before deleting him and making a night elf warrior, Teldrassil enchanted me instantaneously and I was hooked, never to look back.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?: I was told about this server years ago by a good friend of mine who RPed a Drakkari on this server. She had ranted and raved about it saying how awesome you guys were and that I should join and RP with you guys too. It was a little too overwhelming to me back then, a bit past my talents I am afraid. But the biggest draw to me was not having to pay 15 dollars a month for a wonderful Role playing experience!

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?: All kinds! Militaristic, Dark, Light, Philosophical, Emotionally invested, even sexual. I've yet to meet a style of RP I didn't enjoy...well...except for playing characters that already exist in the story, IE: someone playing as thrall. Not a huge fan of that. (though don't worry I'll keep that private ^^)

What is your favorite race/class? Why?: Orc Warrior all the way. I am a very large man in real life and I enjoy fighting, it lights an ancient fire in me that shines through my eyes and brings me to life like only one other thing in my life ever has (Welding/Smithing). The orcish people are very interesting to me and in them I find pieces of my self that are easy to identify with, their strict honor codes, yet brutality in combat and war, I love every bit of it.

What are your expectations of this server?: A relaxed environment in which I can putt about and RP with wondrous and new characters eventually worming my way into your nooks and crannies to be part of the populace!

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?: Respect. Plain and simple it's all I ever really ask for myself and It is what I give, we can be completely different in all ways race religion creed, but if you can respect mine, I can respect yours.

Did you know that we have a Mentor Program? It's entirely voluntary and you as a new player can sign up for it right now in your introduction! Are you interested in signing up to be assigned a Mentor? If so, say so here (Please enter at least "Yes" or "No"): Sure why not?! It's always great to have someone show you the ropes, especially when you're the new guy trying to figure things out.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!: (Here, have a Diatribe I wrote about a woman at a grocer.) The Beast of Stater Brothers.

I’ve a tale to weave my gentle friends. An adventure I feared I would not survive. Come sit around, I’ll tell you of the tale of the abyssal Stater Brothers Monster.

I was dispatched to the store to gather a few paltry things for my mother, she’s baking for Yule and had not properly calculated the needed ingredients. Being the loving son I was I offered to run to the store for her, a few minutes drive, a paltry task for the woman who gave me life. I quickly entered the store and located my items, they numbered in total only 4 so I moved to the 15 items or fewer express lane in the grocer. The man ahead of me himself was only buying a few bottles of alcohol, some poor vagabond to be sure. But it was in his eyes that I first saw glimpse of the beast.

A hideous thing to be certain, spawned from Lovecraftian horror and rage fueled fasting nightmares of a Mexican drug cartel slave. The she beast, measured at least two meters across, she moved with a steel structuring aid, reinforced with precise welding to ensure maximum weight support. Her great girth slapped candy and magazines from the equidistant shelves, a feat I never thought I’d see by mere mobile effort alone. It was at this point I learned that the she beast was indeed thus for packed into the cart behind her were her mewling rolls of fat abyssal hell spawn. They cried for sugar and confectionery delight, something I knew they were accustomed to merely by the contents of her cart. Chips and soda primarily, if it were loaded with fat and unhealthy oils and sugar, she intended to buy it all jammed into her cart.

It was at this point the poor check out girl, bless her soul uttered out in a meek squeaking plea, fear and horror rampant in her eyes. “Ma’am I…it’s a 15 items or less…” I was then assaulted by a scent that I could only describe as 3 day old bologna left to bake in track stained underwear in a balmy Georgia day. It was in fact the beasts hideous maw split to assault the poor woman as she uttered out in her guttural abyssal speech “OH THEY’RE JUST BIG ITEMS, ITS A LITTLE MORE THEN 15 BUT ITS FINE I AM SURE.”

It produced a roll of coupons from one of its many shimmering folds of fat. The homeless man having paid, told the cashier to keep the change, the cashier and man exchanged a look of horror, as the cashier pleaded silently for help and the man could only flee. I turned feeling a need to help the poor cashier but, as I looked into this hideous creatures gelatinous features I could only describe it as thus. I stared into the face of fat, and fat stared back into me. It was in that moment I knew I had to save myself, I too payed in a hurry the cashiers silent begging for help plain on her face as she tried to tell the behemoth she could not purchase her items in this line.

I know not what happened to the poor cashier as I all but ran from the isle I could hear the petulant satanic squeals of the horrendous creature as she bullied her way from the unfortunate grocer employee.

That children is the story of the beast of Stater Brothers.

(If you search it, it will probably show you my Tumblr.)

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?: I am a fun loving person just looking for some good times and interesting stories. I hope my skills are up to snuff as you all seem like wonderful writers and I'd be honored to be counted among your ranks, Until then Lok'tar Ogar!
Throm'ka, potential recruit!

You have taken a tremendous step with this submission! You will receive an 'official' response in due time, but meanwhile you may wish to ensure you've reviewed the following:
  • Rules (Remember, ignorance is no excuse in the case of rule-breaking! Don't make the Peon Overseers lash you with the whip any more than necessary!)
  • Policies (There are some policies that may be rather uncommon, so if you have not yet checked them then spare a moment to do so!)

Some extra reading that may be of use:
Soon, you should receive a reply to your submission from one of the Peon Overseers informing you of whether you are a suitable candidate for Peonship. Be patient! Just review the above information and a response will come before you know it! As an aside, I think Peon Boreguard42 has an... er... 'interesting' ring to it, eh?
Welcome to CotH!

First, be sure to check out our servers rules and policies, just so you're well-versed on the foundation of the server. The server has a wealth of information at the Articles/Guides section of the forums, and I would highly suggest you consult at least one or two guides when you start a new character. We have a full download for the Cataclysm game folder for both Mac and PC available.

In-game, there are purple portals scattered about. The primary OOC area is under Neutral Hubs, and is named "GM Island". This is where people loiter between roleplaying. I would also suggest that you /join chat and /join barrens once you get in-game, as we tend to prefer keeping LFG open for people looking for roleplay. We also have a few commands of note available to all players. Firstly is .lo rp <item>. This command will show all spawn-able RP items that match the criteria of the name. Then, you take the six numbers next to the item and add them to .add <000000>. This armor is wearable, but holds the same armor restrictions as it would on retail (I.E., we don't have Priests in Plate). We also have the .scale command, which functions from between .9 and 1.1, changing your in-game size.

Good answers! They were more than sufficient. And 6'7, good god. I have a teacher who's that size, absolutely massive. Either way, we'll set you up with your mentor in time. Enjoy CotH!