The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

o hai~
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

Yo! I'm daysleeper, and I've always felt roleplaying -- and having a community where I feel comfortable expressing myself and my characters -- is the most important part of a good game. I'm a bit shy and it takes me awhile to warm up to people, but once I do I'm a nerdy chatterbox and a font of ideas for events, characters, and storylines (some of them actually good!). I'm 24 -- which blew my mind to type, geez -- and I've been making characters since I was a little kid, though my first experience with what you'd consider roleplay was waaaay back when I was a little 'un -- first on IRC, and then in Everquest 1. I've been addicted ever since!

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I'm from the US, chilling out on the west coast -- Portland, OR, if we're gonna get all exact about it. I speak English and ... well, English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

My brother bought World of Warcraft at launch and I "borrowed" his account -- and summarily got hooked (doubly so after discovering Kirin Tor (RP), my first home. Ah, nostalgia). Before even that, though, I'd played Warcraft: Orcs and Humans and Warcraft II as a kiddo. I remember eagerly anticipating the release of Warcraft Adventures, too -- ah, how naive I was... When III came out I thought it was just the best thing ever and totally got hype over how badass the Scourge were. So yeah.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:

Just Google search, honestly. I haven't had RP in my life for a few years now (aside from my usual RP mate, who's in the navy and busy as all hell anymore) but I'd love to get back into it. I liked the look of your forums and community, so I thought I may as well give it a shot.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

Political intrigue, cults, scourge-themed/Scarlet Crusade themed stuff. Gang/criminal nonsense. Any kind of stories with a darker bent to them. Interpersonal conflict and combat are both fun. I get dreadfully bored of tavern-style RP, traditional "military" guilds, or romance-flavored stuff (not that I'm anti IC relationships, but they should spring up naturally), but absolutely love character development through storylines and character interaction. Also enjoyable are teacher/student relationships, servant-types, rivalries... Whatever's cool!

That said, I'd say I "play very serious characters very unseriously". Lighthearted nonsense is cool too, and sometimes you need a break from the grimdark, yeah? And sometimes there's moments in even the grimdark-est of scenes that are just... unintentionally hilarious. So long as people can appreciate we're here to have fun, that's a thing we'll do.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

If you had asked me when I began playing WoW, I would have said Humans. Often overlooked in the face of the fantastical, Warcraft's humanity has a very compelling narrative to it, spun through the three strategy games and beyond -- smattered with interesting characters, sects, and cults aplenty. I love how they're not the black-and-white "good guys" or "bad guys", though neither were their opponents. And the Holy Light stood as an interesting religion in a world that plays fast and loose with any sort of worship at all. (plus they had the Scarlet Crusaaaaaaaade, eeeee.)

If you had asked me a few years ago, I would have said Forsaken. They share much in common with humanity, for obvious reasons, but the story of their tenacity in the face of death, unlife and constant shunning is, again, really compelling. Also Sylvanas is fantastic as a racial leader, and I love her duplicitous, secretive nature. She cares for her Forsaken and not a hell of a lot else. That's a badass trait, if not necessarily an admirable one. Also, Forsaken characters have an absolute ton of freedom of personality, history and ... just everything, really. It's easy to pigeonhole an orc into "noble savage" or a Night Elf into "tree-hugging hippy" (though I know there's FAR more to those races than that) but there are few obvious stereotypes for Forsaken besides "amoral", and even that is disproven again and again.

But now? Yeesh. I don't know. I have played a metric ton of Blood Elves, I won't lie; they both please me aesthetically and intrigue me from a writing perspective (though the end of the whole Burning Crusade/blood knight storyline was massively disappointing, to be honest). Lor'themar is emerging as quite the figure himself, too. I don't know that that makes them my favorite, but I'm definitely the most familiar with them?

(Though, disregarding everything else, my gut instinct is to say "Gnomes and Goblins". Yes, both. They're absolutely great and if I have to explain it, you're already too far gone.)

As far as class... I'd have to say warlocks and priests, who I tend to treat as two sides of the same coin (even though I shouldn't, I know). Priests in particular are one I tend to latch onto; the holy/shadow dichotomy is Really Cool, as is the mind-control sorts of flavor associated with shadow priests' spells (this can lead to horrible god-moding, though; use it responsibly). As well, holy fire, discipline, and pure fanaticism are fun elements to play around with. Plus, just by looks, their spells are friggin' neat. Warlocks are obviously a different story, but I love demons, I love darkness, and I love the millions of ways you can play with the background.

Phew, this turned out to be kind of a novel.

What are your expectations of this server?:

That you'll be tolerant and patient and diverse and awesome and seriously open-minded to new ideas and angles and such. And that we'll have fun, of course.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

I like that you have this vetting process; it ensures people put at least a bit of effort in, and that they're capable of basic reading and comprehension. Which is a start!

I'm also trans IRL so I seriously appreciate the emphasis on respect, etc.

Did you know that we have a Mentor Program? It's entirely voluntary and you as a new player can sign up for it right now in your introduction! Are you interested in signing up to be assigned a Mentor? If so, say so here (Please enter at least "Yes" or "No"):

edit: Actually, yeah, sure. Hook me up. I'd love someone who's down with goblins (I think my first character's going to be one), but I'm sure you all have a system.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

One of my older WoW characters (a mouthy little git of a Blood Elf -- though I might've written this during my GW2 stint? It's a little dated, but meh...) when he was in jail when he was younger. There's some swears.

Spoiler:
“Let’s make sure you’ve got this right,” the man said. He dropped to one knee to get on my level. Or closer, at least. “All right, son, what’s your name?”

“Timath V’arren.” I crossed my arms. “This is stupid.”

“This isn’t stupid. It’s going to save your life. So try and take it a bit more seriously, would you?” The man sounded earnest, even if he looked like an asshole. I pulled at my grubby sleeve, eyes darting to the bars behind us both. I didn’t really have any better ideas on how to get out of here, so I gave a short nod. “Good. So why are you in here, son? What did you do?” He smiled, in that fake-kind way older people often do, but I forgave it since I knew he was pretending.

“A whole f**k-load ‘a nothin’, ‘s what.” I grinned -- and had it knocked from my face by a soft blow from this guy.

He sighed in my face. “You know they’ve hanged children younger than you for far more minor crimes than sororicide, yes?” He fixed my hair where he’d mussed it. I fidgeted.

“What’s a so-what-th’-f**k?”

“It’s complicated legal speak for killing your sister.”

“‘En jus’ say that.” I furrowed my brow in an expression of dislike. Nobles made things way more complicated than they needed to be. “‘Sides, I ain’ killed nobody.” My voice wavered; I swallowed hard and clamped down on it while the man thumbed at some dirt on my cheek. I had no idea whether he was smearing it or cleaning it off.

“No, see -- you want your voice to sound like that. Like, ‘how dare these horrible people accuse you of killing your own sister?’” He made another fake-face -- I think this one was supposed to be in pain, or scared. I tried to imitate it a little bit, for his sake, which seemed to satisfy him. “I suppose that’s good enough. Or at least as good as I can hope.”

I beamed at him.

Behind me, my cellmate -- a guy a few years older than me, I guessed -- kicked his heels off the foot of his rack. “You really think you can save ‘is neck, Nev?”

I watched the older man’s eyes as they ran up and down my sad, skinny self. He smudged at some more dirt, tugged my shirt just so, and rose to his feet to admire his handiwork. “Of course I do. After all, he didn’t do anything. Right, Timath?”

“Y’ damn straight I din’ do nothin’.” I sniffed and scowled and tossed my hair back, to smiles from the both of them.

“See? The lad’ll be fine. I’ll be back tomorrow.” The guy patted me on the head, turning his back on me to talk to the guard just outside.

Now that I’d been dismissed, I let out a low, frustrated sigh. I guess it was nice to know that I’d be saved from an execution or whatever. Not that I was really sure what kind of life I had left, but any kind at all was probably preferable to dying. But still…

I really wished anyone would have believed me, or at least pretended.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

Nah, I think I'm good here.
Throm'ka, potential recruit!

You have taken a tremendous step with this submission! You will receive an 'official' response in due time, but meanwhile you may wish to ensure you've reviewed the following:
  • Rules (Remember, ignorance is no excuse in the case of rule-breaking! Don't make the Peon Overseers lash you with the whip any more than necessary!)
  • Policies (There are some policies that may be rather uncommon, so if you have not yet checked them then spare a moment to do so!)

Some extra reading that may be of use:
Soon, you should receive a reply to your submission from one of the Peon Overseers informing you of whether you are a suitable candidate for Peonship. Be patient! Just review the above information and a response will come before you know it! As an aside, I think Peon daysleeper has an... er... 'interesting' ring to it, eh?
Hello there, daysleeper! Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

You sound thoroughly pleasant! :)

I'm glad to hear you're interested in our Mentor Program! I'll get you signed up right quick and you'll receive a PM from your Mentor as one as been assigned, which should be taken care of ASAP!

Also, do you have Skype? If so, you should check out this thread! Feel free to add my Skype (loxmardin) as well, if you want to chat, ask questions or have me add you to the official CotH Skype Group, manually!

Remember to register your in-game account in the Account Management page with the exact information you registered your forum name under.

As per standard approval procedure, I'm going to link you to a few nice places that it certainly doesn't hurt if you double-check and make yourself extra familiar with. These are the Rules and Policies, as well as the FAQs. They've got a bunch of vital information in them.

Without further ado, welcome to the server and I hope we'll see you around!

Happy RPing!

Love,
Overseer Loxmardin
Welcome, welcome!
Allons-y!

[Image: awesome-mario-gif.gif]

Have you hugged a dwarf today?
Thanks for the welcome! I got myself hooked up and connected just fine, and even remembered which add-ons I used to use back when I was playing. It's amazing what sticks with you, you know? I rolled a couple of characters up who I'm tossing ideas around for before I settle down on one (ha ha ha this will never happen(but I can at least get started!)) and played pretty princess dress-up, which was Way Too Satisfying. Hopefully I can stop daysleeping and meet some of you guys soon!