The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Hello, I am Numbers
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Well I guess the best thing for me to let you know first is that I suck at writing any type of introduction or submission like this, I don't know why I just sort of get a funny feeling and begins to get hard for me to write things. I'm going to tough it out and do my best, because this server seems to be pretty cool and I'd like to be apart of it's community; with that aside let me tell you who I am.

I am Numbers! I am a RPer, video gamer, and an artist. (I suck at that last one!)

I've been interesting in RPGs and just RPing in general since August of 2004, I had wandered downstairs where my father and his friends were currently playing a campaign of D&D. The whole thing instantly caught my eye, I was drawn into it and began to come down every time his friends were over to play D&D. One day they started a new session and asked me if I wanted to try and play, and I gladly accepted. On another note 1839405 was the number I wrote on my character sheet under name, and thus I was dubbed numbers by my dad and his friends.

Video games were my thing since I started playing Runescape, I'm not exactly sure when I started playing Runescape but I did love the hell of it! I don't play anymore, but I remember coming home from school in kindergarten and getting on to play after doing my homework. As I got older I realized there were more games out there to play other than Runescape, and so I started to play a wider variety of games. My favorite video game and character both share the same name; Kirby! I still play the franchises game to this day, I think I've devoted weeks of playing time to that game.

Now I guess I have to explain that whole... 'Art' thing don't I? I mean it'd be unfair if I explained the other two and then just left this one blank, right? I don't draw, paint, or anything like that. I can't really go too much in depth into this one, it's something that I've done since I was younger! On hot summer days I like to pull out my green and pink army men, go outside, and make battlefields for them! I dig ditches, create mountains and hills, rivers and villages, I guess this isn't really artistic at all. It's just the best word I found for it.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I'm from the United States of America, and my primary language is English. However I am also on a rigorous course to learn other languages. (Rosetta Stone is OP!)

How did you get into Warcraft?:
My Father introduced me into World of Warcraft, he started playing in early Vanilla when the game was just released and wanted someone who could consistently be online to play, quest, or dungeon with him. He introduced me to the game about a week after he found it, and I fell in love with it! (Not as badly in love as I did with Kirby) As time went on my passion for the game only grew, my and my father sharing a ton of fun experiences over WoW. So finally I started experimenting on WoW without my dad, going to other PvE servers, PvP servers, and then I saw an RP server? I had to hop onto that! It was fun, but the community began to sadly decline.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
Well let me be honest, I was upset with what my favorite RP server on WoW had become due to bad apples in the community speaking up and out the most. So I kind of just quit playing on that RP server all together since last October, I don't know why but I just felt like trying to find a decent private RP server. So I opened up the Google-inator and I found this as the top result, one thing led to another and now I'm here writing up this poorly written submission.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy and welcome any type of RP to be honest, I haven't honestly experimented a bunch with the differing types that people have to offer. I'm also not one to turn down any type of opportunity to RP, with that being said I'm willing to do/try anything that anyone can really come up with. Plus it doesn't bother me if my character gets injured, killed, or whatever, it's apart of how RP works and I'm completely fine OOC with anything IC happening. As long as people don't take anything I do ICly to OOC, or what happens to me IC to OOC I am fine.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Wow, this is a real tough one to answer; I can't really choose a favorite class or race because I love the diversity in all of them! Each class has so much to offer, as does the race, and the combinations you can do are essentially limitless. (Not really!) So I cannot say that I have a favorite race/class, but I can say that I have one that I enjoy to play the most.

My favorite race to play is a Gnome, they were really fun to play and I thought that the wacky/crazy antics they were said to do were hilarious. I also enjoyed the fact that everyone thought they were crazy and stuff because of the few NPC's or Players that stood out and did this type of stuff. It was cool when I came across an NPC or Player that wasn't your stereotypical, third-person speaking, whack-job.

My favorite class to play is a healer, I just enjoyed being that person that could be used in situations that were drastic. It made things more fun, it made my character more relevant, and I guess it's a bit selfish to roll a character simply for the fact that you could be included in RP more. However I also enjoyed to play a healer when it came to PvE or PvP situations, once again it was mostly for a selfish reason; I found that healing was really easy for me to do, and that I was good at doing it. I also enjoyed having my group members life in my hands, not really a serious thing in this situation. However in many circumstances people need a healer, so without me their whole group when to poop.

What are your expectations of this server?:
You know, I can't really say that I have high hopes for the server or the people on the server. I've done some snooping around before writing this submission and read some forum posts from people, gone to the Wiki and read character profiles. All I've seen so far from the forums is that this server seems to be top notch, A+ in my opinion, but I'm still disappointed from Moonguard so I don't want to set my expectations to high. In the end I'm only really expecting a couple of things!

- RP
- Friendly community
- Common sense

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I can't say that any of the rules appeals to me, appeases me, or that I even like them, rules suck, anarchy forever! In reality you should ignore most of that last sentence, I'm really happy that here on CoTH you guys have set out a solid set of rules that players are expected to know and follow. No playing around here, just 'srs bidness'. However it comes back to the problem I had explaining to you what my favorite race/class is, I just can't do it! All of the rules that you have are really well constructed, and they cover all the bases that I would think of myself.

Did you know that we have a Mentor Program? It's entirely voluntary and you as a new player can sign up for it right now in your introduction! Are you interested in signing up to be assigned a Mentor? If so, say so here (Please enter at least "Yes" or "No"):
Mentor Program? Sadly I don't think that I saw that on the forums as I was snooping through, let me just go and quickly search that up!

After looking over the Mentor Program that you guys have set up I'm baffled, you're offering a lot to the newbies coming to your server. I'd be honored to have any of your mentors helping me, and I would appreciate it as well.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Huh, I'm not really finding the time to write a story right now! It's not that I don't want to, it's more that I'm limited on time! I will write a story when I get home and I can put something half decent together for you guys.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Well, the only thing I really want to add is that I appreciate you guys overlooking my poorly written submission, and I really hope that I can join this community.

Until next time,
Numbers
Throm'ka, potential recruit!

You have taken a tremendous step with this submission! You will receive an 'official' response in due time, but meanwhile you may wish to ensure you've reviewed the following:
  • Rules (Remember, ignorance is no excuse in the case of rule-breaking! Don't make the Peon Overseers lash you with the whip any more than necessary!)
  • Policies (There are some policies that may be rather uncommon, so if you have not yet checked them then spare a moment to do so!)

Some extra reading that may be of use:
Soon, you should receive a reply to your submission from one of the Peon Overseers informing you of whether you are a suitable candidate for Peonship. Be patient! Just review the above information and a response will come before you know it! As an aside, I think Peon 1839405 has an... er... 'interesting' ring to it, eh?
Hello, 1839405, and welcome to COTH!

If you haven’t already, please do make sure to double-check the rules and policies so you’re for sure familiar to the server’s expectations! If you have further questions, I recommend giving this guide a read, as it contains a lot of helpful information for players who are new to the server. Also, if you haven’t already, make sure to register your in-game account in the Account Management page using the same information you registered your forum name under. As for downloading the correct client and other things that you need to do in order to connect, I recommend giving this a read, as I found it very helpful myself when we made the switch to Cataclysm.

As for making your first character, there are a lot of helpful articles and guides for you to read up on in case you don’t fully understand the lore. The wiki also contains helpful tips for making a character and for when you’re writing your first profile, such as scale and height.

When you get your account created, make sure to /join Chat and /join Barrens in-game for if you have any questions not answered in the forums. Additionally, if you have skype and want to connect to the community there, we have an official skype group. For more information, read this thread. Feel free to send me a message if you need any assistance, and I’ll give if a reply as soon as I can! And if not me, any Overseer, GM, or Forum Helper.

Poorly written introduction? Are you kidding? One of the best I've read in a while. You've given us some nice, thoroughly thought out answers. I'm looking forward to the story that you have to add on to this introduction later on (if you want to).

Quote:Now I guess I have to explain that whole... 'Art' thing don't I? I mean it'd be unfair if I explained the other two and then just left this one blank, right? I don't draw, paint, or anything like that. I can't really go too much in depth into this one, it's something that I've done since I was younger! On hot summer days I like to pull out my green and pink army men, go outside, and make battlefields for them! I dig ditches, create mountains and hills, rivers and villages, I guess this isn't really artistic at all. It's just the best word I found for it.

It sounds like you'd make a good world-builder. Ever play games like sim city or roller coaster tycoon? They might be right up your alley.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy your stay!

~Geo

P.S.: Kirby is awesome, Rosetta Stone certainly is OP, and I'm definitely calling you Numbers!
[Image: anim_500.gif]
A fellow Kirby fan! Hai!
Perhaps it is your imperfection that which grants you free will, that allows you to persevere against cosmically calculated odds. You prevailed where the Titans' own perfect creations have failed.

- Algalon, The Observer
So I am apparently expected to write a short story to finish this questionnaire off? What lays before me now are two problems! I am not very confident in my literary skills, and I am unsure if I need to write the story on something WoW related or not. Despite these two problems I will now present you my short story.

The sun had just barely broke the horizon, now visible along with the pink morning sky that its rays of light gave. A sweet smell drifted along with the playful currents of restless wind, morning dew adorned across blades of grass. Birds chirped in and out of harmony, conversing with one another. Perhaps the best conditions for when I wake, at the very least they were the best I could ask for back then... Much has changed in the world, perhaps it is just me and the way I see things now. I prefer quite the opposite of a morning than the one I just described. Waking up to darkness, a pitch black sky that even the holy figures dare to defy. A sour or bitter smell that chokes out the rest, carried on the currents of sporadic wind which cuts at the skin. The morning dew no longer exists in the same state, instead succumbing to the cold and freezing the blades of grass, giving them no chances for survival. The birds rarely speak on these days, only letting out its obnoxious screeching to convey the pain it is in. The latter is what I prefer to wake up to in the morning, caring not however grim it might seem. I prefer the latter ever since Mother had left me.

P.S. The community on CotH is amazing! I am really honored to have become a part of it no matter how small that part might be. I have been greeted kindly and welcomed with open arms, for that I give my thanks.

EDIT: If this story does not cut it then do let me know, I can definitely throw something else with more than this together.
The story would be either part of the questionnaire itself, or you can include that story in your original introduction (and the one looking to approve your questionnaire will refer to this intro to check on you requirements). With that said, you don't have to worry about your writing skills right now. You can ask other members of the community for some help here and there for your writing skills :).

I'm glad so far that the community has been warm for you by far. Welcome to CotH!
[Image: 3HQ8ifr.gif]
As far as origin stories go, yours is pretty gosh-darn adorable. My name just comes from my first WoW character. Lame!