The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Play-By-Post Roleplaying
So.

CotH has IC forums. I see some people using them fairly regularly to in some way, shape or form record the going-ons of their characters when they are alone, writing down what happens when the character is not on-screen at the time.

This is great.

I am wondering, though, if there's any interest whatsoever in the CotH community to lead dedicated storylines that run primarily with forum posts with the occasional in-game adventure here and there. I ask this because I have a storyline in mind that I've been pondering for the past few months and in order to get all the necessary interactions with certain story-relevant NPCs and characters... the best way to introduce them to people is through forum roleplay.

Why is that?

Well... First of all, it puts less of a requirement on me and the players to be online at the same time and allows the story to progress naturally as long as either part has the time to produce a post once in a while. It eliminates the worry of not having the time to sit down and roleplay it on-server and lets the story evolve and relationships develop at a steady enough pace to let them last and then builds a good foundation for continued interaction in-game and still lets characters go about their business without being locked in place or anything like that. It lets the player integrate the forum experience in their in-game roleplay as they please to carry on the storyline. That way it doesn't have to steal a lot of in-game time or make anyone feel forced to log on just to keep participating.

Would this kind of storyline be interesting, at all? If I tried to get something like this off the ground, would you be interested in trying it out?
Maybe.. Depends what the stories are all about..
[Image: pj3isZU.gif]

[Image: 43883.png]
I'd say go for it; Don't know till you tried.

Whether I personally would be interested; Not quite so much. Forum RP never gave me the immersion I needed to continue with the storyline; I've tried over and over, barely managed to finish a couple on here, much more left abandoned which I eventually just deleted. Those where my own stories and posts, journals and such; With others, the pacing becomes a problem for me as well, I find them too slow paced.

Still. Its CotH, this is probably one of the better environments to try it on. I can imagine others being interested, very much so.
This sounds like a great idea because it allows for a more in-depth storyline and explanation which can sometimes be left out when doing an in-game storyline. I'm sure there'd be a lot of people (including me) who'd be in for this.
“Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed.”
— G.K. Chesterton

Spoiler:
[Image: tumblr_n9hl98KKPd1r4fnslo1_500.gif]

Have a puppy Ruby and a nice day.
Personally, I have found it quite rewarding to trade a draft back and forth with someone to craft a single scene. Perhaps like a movie script? Do note that I've never published any of these as they've gone largely forgotten or outdated since their inception.

I suppose partially because they don't really have any bearing on a character one way or the other. Rather, they give a glimpse into the personalities or conduct of (in my case) two individuals. I'm sure there's progression to be had in this format. But usually I feel quite rooted when something of importance happens to my characters. Not that it bothers me but I could see where it's an issue.

Let's give it a test!
The true test of his choice lies forward.
— The story of the Silithian.

See life through shades of silver.
I like the idea, let's do it.
I'm fine with forum role-play.
[Image: 54079-Dr-Evil-air-quotes-lasers-gif-A6nY.gif]
Forum roleplay so easily winds up feeling like a chore more than anything, but I haven't really tried it much before with established characters, a familiar setting and the likes.

I'd try it for the stuff you come up with, Lox.
I find the idea of having an interactive F-RP pretty good. Hoooooowever, it would require a lot of patience, motivation, inspiration and interest to keep a storyline active. Wouldn't want to have your story cut-off, right?
Spoiler:
[Image: 2493598-darth_revan_by_unclesatan.png]
I like play by post RP. But the story has to be compelling.
[Image: 2hhkp3k.gif]
Recommended reads: Divine and Arcane. Also, elves.
Wanna refer me in Tribes: Ascend? Clickies!
Interactive and play-by-post both have their own appeal. It really depends what I feel like doing, I guess.
[Image: bhMVAqQ.gif]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which Days Do You Play? Loxmardin 10 2,439 01-13-2014, 03:44 PM
Last Post: Geoni