The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Defiance went F2P.
In case somebody missed it, Defiance went free-to-play yesterday so if you ever wanted to give it a shot, now's the time.
[Image: 293D4BE4-7170-4C2A-B8BF-7EA572513EBD.jpg]
Spoiler:
[Image: Lazuri65.png]
Do I get free stuff if I already bought the game in the past?

Also, waiting for Wildstar to go free.. and it will..
[Image: pj3isZU.gif]

[Image: 43883.png]
I LOVE free games!
“Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed.”
— G.K. Chesterton

Spoiler:
[Image: tumblr_n9hl98KKPd1r4fnslo1_500.gif]

Have a puppy Ruby and a nice day.
(06-08-2014, 03:05 AM)Sorum Wrote: Do I get free stuff if I already bought the game in the past?

I got an email about this earlier this week.

Extra Character Slots
Extra Loadouts
Increased Ark Keycode Capacity
Extra Inventory Space
PLUS 30 Days of Paradise Patron Status and 1,000 Arkforge

I have no clue what some of them are but yay for perks!

The game itself is alright. I got to play it when the beta was on the Xbox 360. The gameplay could be better and it's really just running around and shooting stuff. The thing I found really fun was to get all your buddies together and just explore, go off from where the game tells you to go and find hidden loot crates. It actually goes free on 360 and PS3 sometime in July.
(06-08-2014, 04:38 AM)KomodoTheCashew Wrote:
(06-08-2014, 03:05 AM)Sorum Wrote: Do I get free stuff if I already bought the game in the past?

I got an email about this earlier this week.

Extra Character Slots
Extra Loadouts
Increased Ark Keycode Capacity
Extra Inventory Space
PLUS 30 Days of Paradise Patron Status and 1,000 Arkforge

I have no clue what some of them are but yay for perks!

The game itself is alright. I got to play it when the beta was on the Xbox 360. The gameplay could be better and it's really just running around and shooting stuff. The thing I found really fun was to get all your buddies together and just explore, go off from where the game tells you to go and find hidden loot crates. It actually goes free on 360 and PS3 sometime in July.

July 15th, I think. But yah, you get a bunch of stuff as a paying customer. Don't really notice that there's anything different if you're a paying customer. Just remember to claim your stuff from the shop.
Spoiler:
It was similar benefits when one of their other games, RIFT, went F2P.
(06-08-2014, 07:37 AM)Jonoth Wrote: It was similar benefits when one of their other games, RIFT, went F2P.

Yeah, but RIFT was a subscription based game, wasn't it?

Defiance used to be a pay-and-play type of game where you only buy a copy and then don't have to pay for a sub. When you turn a sub-based game F2P, you can generally just keep the sub in with the same benefits and then have F2P players have restrictions on the game.

With Defiance they introduced a sub that wasn't there before and made it F2P, it's hard to make the game in a way that doesn't make the owners of the game feel like they get ripped off.
Spoiler:
(06-08-2014, 08:15 AM)Roxas65 Wrote: Yeah, but RIFT was a subscription based game, wasn't it?

It was. And it was hilarious because they had just sold a bunch of subscriptions when storm legion came out as part of a package deal, then went f2p a short few months later. Also, a lot of trolls flooded in, combined with a lot of bots, and a ton of complaints for every glitch, large or small.
If my stone age sticks-and-stones-powered computer can run it, I'll give it a shot.

I really enjoyed Rift myself. If it's anywhere near that pleasant and comfortable of an experience, I'll have fun.
[Image: 2hhkp3k.gif]
Recommended reads: Divine and Arcane. Also, elves.
Wanna refer me in Tribes: Ascend? Clickies!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Defiance on Tuesday Harmonic 16 2,207 04-08-2013, 08:16 PM
Last Post: Harmonic
  Defiance Harmonic 4 929 03-12-2013, 08:52 AM
Last Post: Harmonic