The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

E3 2014
Did you guys see anything you liked from one of the big conferences?
[Image: 293D4BE4-7170-4C2A-B8BF-7EA572513EBD.jpg]
Spoiler:
[Image: Lazuri65.png]
I've been waiting for this thread to show up...It has finally arrived. Conference opinions!

Microsoft - CONKER. CONKER. CONKER --Wait, part of a little big planet knock off game? ...RIP another Rare IP, like Banjo before yee. Its nice to actually look at a line up and see some variety in it, alongside some time for actual indie devs too.

Sony - Didn't watch this, looked like more of the same and that's just fine. Turns out Beast Souls is a PS4 exclusive called Bloodtorne. Commence the sad face. D:

Nintendo - Spreading its announcements out over a day seemed rather silly in my opinion. The Pac-man reveal should of ended their conference, not the day's events. Also disappointed to see the rumoured Mario Maker is a WiiU game and not a 3DS one. Someone dropped the money shaped ball there. The fact they're trying to pitch Phoenix Wright/Professor Layton's English translation, as an entirely new game is rather disrespectful of the audience...but that's Capcom in a nutshell really.

Onto the good stuff that has me excited:

Sunset overdrive - I remember being pumped for this in the last E3, not disappointed with the game play footage being shown off. Tony Hawks meets S4 League? Sign me up.

BF Hardline - After messing around with the beta, I certainly am enjoying the new game types. Is this worthy of a full £50 a few months from now though? No.

Yoshi's Yarn or whatever its called - Is that Yoshi Story...With Epic Yarn's ascetics...With Coop? TAKE MY MONEY NINTENDO!!

Last, but not least - Doom - Don't care if they take a Doom 1 style, or a Doom 3 style. As long as its more like the new Wolfenstien and less like the disappointing rage, it'll be liquid awesome. Not sure about the multiplayer mind.
Spoiler:

'Whats your LuckyDo?'

Desperate for some rp? Try the resident of OOC for a change!

http://www.conquestofthehorde.com/Thread-I-can-has-rp

The new Zelda title for the Wii U has been teased/announced. That is all that mattered. I am pleased.
[Image: anim_500.gif]
Oh man, where do I start? I think I got excited for a bit more than most of the people here since E3 is a bit more console oriented and I'm more of a console oriented gamer. Anyways, my list!

Halo Remakes, The Division, Destiny, Rainbow Six: Seige, Killer Instinct: Season 2, Assassin's Creed: Unity (finally an Assassin's Creed game with free roam co-op!), Mirror's Edge 2, Alien: Isolation, Far Cry 4, Doom 4, Smash Bros Wii U and Legend of Zelda 2015.

It was a pretty great year for E3 but it still had it's downsides.

I was hoping with all the future tech that the new Call of Duty would be kind of cool. Nope, it really is just the same game.

I'm a huge Battlefield fan but Hardline doesn't click with me for some reason, maybe that'll change when I get my hands on it.

Microsoft kicking my Conker dreams in the face. (JonTron summed up my feelings nicely)

EA didn't show really anything for Battefront or Mass Effect 4 which makes me kind of sad.

Nintendo didn't have anything really interesting or new aside from Zelda and SSB

Overall, a pretty good year to be a gamer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llAmaf8Kdyc

Great game, 10/10.
[Image: pj3isZU.gif]

[Image: 43883.png]
Showing Conker like that was a b***h move for sure. Despite that, I think Microsoft's conference was fine this year. Nice to see them put a focus on games now, like they always should have.

(06-11-2014, 10:23 PM)KomodoTheCashew Wrote: Assassin's Creed: Unity (finally an Assassin's Creed game with free roam co-op!),

Do not even get me started on this. People complain about EA, but at this point I feel Ubisoft to be several times worse, to the extent that I have sworn they never get a penny from me again. It's not enough that they -constantly- release games that are clearly not finished and release gameplay trailers of events that are not even in the actual game and that looks much better than the game at release. I mean, Watch_Dogs was complete crap and didn't look anything like the gameplay trailer showed two years ago. What's fun is that Watch_Dogs even had five years of development time and -still- looked like it had thrown together in a year like the Assassin's Creed titles. GTA had five years development time and look at that thing.

But the final straw, the final goddamn straw, was Assassin's Creed: Unity. Four player co-op and no female player character? "Okay" I thought "maybe it's from a story standpoint." But when put on the spot about it, they -actually- had the balls to state that a female player character "would double the production costs." I mean are you serious? Even if it was so much work, which it is not, you could just grab a female model from one of the past multiplayer characters or Aveline in Liberation and spruce that model up. Not only do you pull out four male characters, but they're all essentially carbon copies of the same white male with scraggy beard. you could at the -very- least do some different ethnicities, but god forbid you'd actually TRY for once. The laziness is just too much for me and I can't justify paying for their crap any more, I just can't.
Spoiler:
To be fair, the 'multiple protagonists, yay! But nunna'them's a girl!' problem was in GTA V as well. Wouldn't have been very hard just to pick some female NPC and do 'em up a little for protagonist-mode. But no. Instead we get three guys.

At least the announced Zelda made Link look suspiciously androgynous.
[Image: 2hhkp3k.gif]
Recommended reads: Divine and Arcane. Also, elves.
Wanna refer me in Tribes: Ascend? Clickies!
Nintendo wins. Everything else sucked except Little Big Planet, Phantom Dust, and Project Spark.

Kinda wish Conker just got his own game, as it's not really the gameplay so much as the ridiculous story/dialogue that made Conker BFD fun.
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
Link is still a boy, by the way. In case anyone was wondering.

Didn't get excited for much of anything at this E3. I also missed the Microsoft, EA (probably would have skipped it anyway), and Konami presentations, so there is that. Unity looks like a downgrade compared to Black Flag, I don't get excited for zombie games anymore, MGSV trailer looked good, but wanted to see more gameplay, Ubisoft spent too much time on that fitness game of theirs.
TBH, if Nintendo took the opportunity to leap at that stuff and went 'But you can change Link's gender' or something like that, people would explode and it would be awesome PR. It's not like his gender really matters for the story. And who's to say the Hero of Time can't have a female descendant?
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
Bloodborne.

pls from don't make me buy a ps4 just for you
(06-12-2014, 02:54 AM)Roxas65 Wrote: ...I feel Ubisoft to be several times worse, to the extent that I have sworn they never get a penny from me again. It's not enough that they -constantly- release games that are clearly not finished and release gameplay trailers of events that are not even in the actual game and that looks much better than the game at release. I mean, Watch_Dogs was complete crap and didn't look anything like the gameplay trailer showed two years ago...

This is an interesting point of view for me since Ubisoft has made some of my favorite franchises and some of my favorite games from the past years.

I love debating about the game industry and games in general but I also don't want to de-rail the thread from people's E3 thoughts to a game debate thread.

I'd love to start another thread for debating our thoughts on this kind of stuff.

(06-12-2014, 02:54 AM)Roxas65 Wrote: But when put on the spot about it, they -actually- had the balls to state that a female player character "would double the production costs."

This is some BS. They had another response, stating that everyone is playing as Arno (the new assassin) and they want you to be able to effortlessly join in from your own game to your friend's but it sounds more like they're trying to justify themselves. I'm with you on this.
(06-12-2014, 06:44 AM)Xigo Wrote: TBH, if Nintendo took the opportunity to leap at that stuff and went 'But you can change Link's gender' or something like that, people would explode and it would be awesome PR. It's not like his gender really matters for the story. And who's to say the Hero of Time can't have a female descendant?

I would like a game with Zelda, with different gameplay compared to the usual LoZ title, instead of giving Zelda the Triforce of Courage and saying "It's the same as usual, but with Zelda as the lead".

Major reason why I didn't like that one fan idea for a Zelda game. Clockwork something or another.
(06-12-2014, 05:58 AM)flammos200 Wrote: To be fair, the 'multiple protagonists, yay! But nunna'them's a girl!' problem was in GTA V as well. Wouldn't have been very hard just to pick some female NPC and do 'em up a little for protagonist-mode. But no. Instead we get three guys.

Actually, this was not a problem for me. In GTAV the multiple characters were developed and they all had a major part to play in the story, stories that at some point Rockstar may have just felt that a male character fits the bill better, and if you'd ask them about it, this is what they'd say and I can respect that. At least Rockstar had the decency to add female characters in the multiplayer where all of the characters were just neutral. And trust me when I say they didn't have to for game selling purposes. I've had periods as long as a month where I played GTA Online every single day and every day I could count the amount of female characters I saw on one hand, some days I see none at all. It's such a vast minority that people actually question why they were put in at all. At least Rockstar gave you the option to.

In Assassin's Creed: Unity, only the host player actually has a character of any importance, all the others are neutral and could just as easily be switched out with a female.

Hell, Capcom even did this with the new Dead rising 3 DLC that introduced four player co-op. In this mode there's no story, so what they did is that they made the protags from the last games playable and filled the fourth slot with a female. That's just a DLC, Ubisoft are making a whole game and say that it would cost to much. How dumb do they think we are?

(06-12-2014, 07:12 AM)KomodoTheCashew Wrote:
(06-12-2014, 02:54 AM)Roxas65 Wrote: ...I feel Ubisoft to be several times worse, to the extent that I have sworn they never get a penny from me again. It's not enough that they -constantly- release games that are clearly not finished and release gameplay trailers of events that are not even in the actual game and that looks much better than the game at release. I mean, Watch_Dogs was complete crap and didn't look anything like the gameplay trailer showed two years ago...

This is an interesting point of view for me since Ubisoft has made some of my favorite franchises and some of my favorite games from the past years.

I love debating about the game industry and games in general but I also don't want to de-rail the thread from people's E3 thoughts to a game debate thread.

I'd love to start another thread for debating our thoughts on this kind of stuff.

(06-12-2014, 02:54 AM)Roxas65 Wrote: But when put on the spot about it, they -actually- had the balls to state that a female player character "would double the production costs."

This is some BS. They had another response, stating that everyone is playing as Arno (the new assassin) and they want you to be able to effortlessly join in from your own game to your friend's but it sounds more like they're trying to justify themselves. I'm with you on this.

The thing is that I really do like the concept and idea behind almost every Ubisoft game, but they cut so many corners that it just ends up crap anyways. and it's just recently that they've started doing this. During the PS2/Xbox/Gamecube era they made some quality games -- I'm playing Beyond Good & Evil right now and it's a really good game -- It's just when Xbox 360 and PS3 hit the market that the quality of their games started to quickly deteriorate. At this point I can no longer justify their actions.
Spoiler:
I do not have a lot to say about this, so I will just say what got me pumped.
MIRRORS EDGE 2 OMGGGGG FINALLY MORE FOOTAGE! (I really love this game)
More Doom? more happy face :D
I am hoping for them to make ME4 good.

Last but not least, I am generally happy they made the new xbox a tad better.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CoTH Blood Bowl December 2013 + January 2014 Borrops 7 1,105 01-03-2014, 02:09 AM
Last Post: Borrops