The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Ever see a bear grin? It's GRISLY.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player: You know that one really annoying guy that has nothing else to do at max level but to strip naked and taunt the nearest world boss into Honor Hold then start /crying at the guards? Yeah. That's about the size of what I am... My first MMO was Ultima Online followed by Runescape. I did very little there, so we're not going to talk about that. I then moved on to WoW, Istaria, LOTRO, SWTOR, GW2, then to ESO.

I'm big into PvP most of the time, I've lead city raids, almost always was part of the defense when a small town was getting ransacked. If someone was getting ganked, I'd be one of the first ones there to help, even if the opposing side -really- out leveled me. Spent so much time in Ashenvale before Cata that I could pretty much map it out myself.

I've been a guild officer and guild leader in WoW, but my biggest accomplishment was running Blade Company with my fiancee, Otterpaw. Granted, she did most of the work IC. A lot of the OOC stuff was mine.

Currently, Otter and I are the RP officers in a guild in ESO!

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?: I come from Atlantis!

... Or, you know, America if we're being boring here. I speak Hick-English and I'm trying to learn more of German. This process is not going well!

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I got into Warcraft right before I was in high school. I got my hands on Starcraft, then I found Warcraft III. And sweet Jesus, did I love playing that... It was to the point that I was RPing on custom maps on Battle.net's servers. I had to have more. So, I bought WoW... Even though I couldn't play it for most of high school. Still, I could fantasize! My hardest decision was "Do I want to be a hunter? Or a shaman?" When I finally managed to get the game plugged in and start leveling? I was in love.

The game was -amazing.- I was running a 1.5k latency connection, but I didn't care. At all. I was playing a hunter, and I learned to kite on that connection. Gogrimm, orc hunter. I learned to play a shaman on that connection... and rogue/warrior was a nightmare, but I learned that too! I don't think you appreciate how bad it was... my mother played on that connection too. She would be running, hit Blink and keep running. Blink would kick in and throw her -behind- where she had gotten just by running while waiting for the spell... Yeah. That bad. I got my Sergeant PvP title on that connection.

I fell in an even deeper sense of love with the orcs and tauren, and I found myself a greater disdain for the humans in the WoW universe. I stuck with my hunter through out Ashenvale, running around flagged, kiting people who were fourty levels higher than me... That was my first -big- kill. A 60 human Paladin wearing a mix of Judgement, PvP, and a few pieces of Lawbringer. Got him in Ratchet thanks to some help from some goblins.

I was always Horde... When TBC rolled out, I managed to find myself a nice tauren hunter to RP with in Alterac Valley. Something to be said about that... Met my future wife while fighting dwarves and elves. This is a story I'll have to share at some point! I love telling it.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
To be honest, I had heard about you guys a while ago. But my fiancee found the information more recently! She asked if I'd be interested, and... well. A chance to dust off my orc or my tauren? I don't see why not!

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?: Oh, lord. A quicker question is what sort of RP don't I enjoy. There's almost nothing I won't RP aside from one thing which is reserved for Otter. I've dabbled in dark RP, to light hearted events... but most of all, descriptive. I love descriptive roleplay. Where I can hear the creak of leather, the clatter of plate, jingle of chain mail. All of it.

A couple of examples of how broad my range can get.
I've had Ormok, my tauren, tortured and nearly beaten to death. I've RP'd him going through the initial shock of his first elven kill. The regret, the sick feeling in the pit of his stomach, the horror of the knowledge that he had just killed someone's son. He's killed his trollish girlfriend's brother for attacking him, dealing with the grief of that as well.

While Gogrimm has eaten no less than three people. Two of them still living. Two of them were still a part of the Horde. He's fought in various RP campaigns, he's killed, tortured, maimed. He mourned the loss of his mother, and he's nearly killed himself trying to reunite with his tauren wife.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
That's... Oh, I have to pick one?! I can't do that!

Orcs. Orcs got me into WoW. Their strength, honor, and quest for redemption and the desire to pretty much just to be left alone. That spoke to me when I was a stupid little teenager playing WCIII. I've always loved orcs for their strengths and weaknesses. The pounding drums, the howling chants, the prayers to their ancestors, and the diversity of the clans... From the Frostwolves to the Bonechewers. They've covered everything.

Tauren are a close second, maybe even a tied slot. Powerful, spiritual, calm until you begin treading into dangerous territory. Another race that just really wants to be off to do their own thing. I love their spiritualism, culture, and close ties with the orcs. Cairne became a little bit of a hero for me when I was in my Junior year.

Trolls are amazing. The dark mysticism, brutality, sadism, and such variety. It's all amazing. Though, out of my favorite races, the trolls give me the most problems just because of how they look. I'm just not a fan of the Jungle Troll tribes... Except the Skullsplitter tribe.

I also love the draenei, dwarves, and worgen. I really like those three races, but I feel as if I'm put enough up there for races for now. I can play the other races well enough, however I just cannot stand the Forsaken.

For favorite classes? Shaman. Shaman are pretty high on that list. The ability to throw lightning, heal your allies, cause the earth to tremble, and the fires to rise? Put all of that on a warrior in lighter armor and two weapons and you have someone that doesn't quite need that much defense.

Hunters are up there as well. Hunting and tracking through the woods, taming wild beasts from all over the world to help fight for you? My only gripe with this class is the inability to melee, in all honesty.

Warriors are amazing. However, Titan's Grip still bugs me a bit. But, World of Warcraft! It's supposed to be a bit cartoonish.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I'm actually just hoping to find a community I can RP in, in a setting I'm very familiar with. I don't like bouncing around between communities and WoW's always been there, more or less. Even if I wasn't particularly thrilled with the direction it's gone, I still played it because of all the story opportunities that could be had... I was never disappointed with that, at least!

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?: Quite honestly, the rules about respect. It's not something that's easy to find. A community that holds any regard for respect. Privacy, personal space, opinions. It's fairly often that you'll find a community that will devolve into pack behavior and attack anyone with a different idea.

I'd like to play a game to have fun. Not have debates on various subjects that, no matter how grey the shades may be, I'm considered wrong at every turn just for saying something that was slightly off.

Did you know that we have a Mentor Program? It's entirely voluntary and you as a new player can sign up for it right now in your introduction! Are you interested in signing up to be assigned a Mentor? If so, say so here (Please enter at least "Yes" or "No"): Sure! We can roll with that. If for nothing else than to learn what's happened with the community's lore.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

Swirling black clouds cast veil over a once peaceful and quiet forest. The frogs had quit croaking, the crickets were silent. Only the torrential drumming of heavy rain fall striking against over soaked soil remained, every so often muffled by a loud crack of thunder. It was all so distant now, vestiges of light made it into the cave the three figures were huddled in. The lightning caused the dull, orange glow of the fire to become over powered by blinding white for only a split second. Axes were strewn about the cave floor, dead bodies being looked over and discarded with their valuables pilfered.

"Pagh! Not even worth the effort to scrap this junk!" The largest of the three belched out, dumping the plundered human body onto the stone floor with a loud clank that had been drowned out by another mighty clap that had been birthed by the clouds outside. He was a large man, wielding an ax with a blade the size of a warhorse's chest. Clad in the most brutish looking plate armor adorned with trophies. "What's the point of killing these humans if they have no trophies worthy of my mantle?!" His voice was like that of a kodo. Deep, booming, able to shake a man to his bones with one mighty yell.

"We're not here to fill your trophy wall." A female sneered, lips pulling back ever so slightly to show horrifically battered teeth. "You shouldn't have even been out there in the first place." Between the two, it was hard to tell who was the most comely. Despite her gender, the woman could likely pass as male. "I can at least trust the little one to not wander off like some battle hungry pup."

"Hah! Pup?!" The larger warrior bellowed, slapping his knee with one massive hand. "We're orcs! We should be out there, not huddled in this damned cave!" The conversation was slowly building to a boiling point. It had been since they made land fall. The smallest of the three was likely the oldest, but only by a handful of years... and the conversation was starting to fade to his mangled ears.

Rather than join in their bickering, the leather and chain clad male pulled his wolf-skin cloak further up onto his shoulders. A calming sigh was given from under breath, his eyes closing as he drifted further and further away. To him, all that remained was the storm outside and one individual that remained on the other side of Azeroth. Gogrimm had no choice in when he left. Nor did he even know where he was going to end up.

Every night it was the same ritual to see her. The same ritual that she would never know was cast. Fueled by regret, rage, and frustration. Tonight was different, however. Though he could not tell anyone how long he had been sitting there, the two warriors that he 'accompanied' watched in silence for several hours before the shaman stirred once more. One mangled hand gripped an old orcish ax that had previously been hanging around the shaman's belt. "I'm leaving." Gogrimm rumbled out irritably.

This had earned a derisive laugh from the large warrior that was nearest to the cave's mouth. "Did you forget why you were out here, runt? You don't get to go home until we get the go ahead. It'll be any day now, I'm sure." It hadn't been the first time Gogrimm's tried to leave. Nor was it the first time he had heard those words.

"I said that I was leaving." Gogrimm's grip on his ax tightened, his jaw tensed. "Either by walking out, or having my corpse thrown out."

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?: I apologize for how horribly written that is. It's 4AM and I was in a rush...
I do still plan to be active on ESO, but I also have work with the same game studio that Otterpaw is working with. I also have a second job that I need to work to make sure I still have some form of cash flow.

Aside from that? I have nothing else to add! Were it not as late as it is, then I would probably have more.[/b]
Throm'ka, potential recruit!

You have taken a tremendous step with this submission! You will receive an 'official' response in due time, but meanwhile you may wish to ensure you've reviewed the following:
  • Rules (Remember, ignorance is no excuse in the case of rule-breaking! Don't make the Peon Overseers lash you with the whip any more than necessary!)
  • Policies (There are some policies that may be rather uncommon, so if you have not yet checked them then spare a moment to do so!)

Some extra reading that may be of use:
Soon, you should receive a reply to your submission from one of the Peon Overseers informing you of whether you are a suitable candidate for Peonship. Be patient! Just review the above information and a response will come before you know it! As an aside, I think Peon Beargrin has an... er... 'interesting' ring to it, eh?
Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

Here, we can provide you just about any of your RP needs, even in times when the population seems to be rather sparse. We are indeed a very close-knit community, and while not everyone would be in-game at the same time, you can surely contact and chat with us in our Official Skype Group. Don't forget to head over to the Account Management page to register your in-game account, and check our rules, policies, and FAQ, especially regarding how character creation works in CotH and what is allowed and what isn't within the server.

I really like how descriptive your emote style and writing is--very atmospheric and immersive! We got plenty of events and storylines available for you to kick some grandoise ass, especially in the current Cataclysm storylines you can join.

Your story really drew me in on your style. We got plenty of orc and shaman fans around (after all, we are ruled by our glorious Orcish overlords) as well as delicioius goodness with other Tauren, Troll and such. While Horde RP may not be as frequent as anyone would like, there is at least the community that can provide your RP needs :D.

Also, when I read you and Otterpaw are engaged, I couldn't help but think of this:

Spoiler:
[Image: Otter-and-Teddy-Beat.jpeg]

Please do enjoy your stay!

~~Immy
[Image: 3HQ8ifr.gif]