The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

[RL] Volunteer Work
So, I went to a meeting today at a local second-hand store & café. While I wait for my surgery and whatnot, I'm going to be working there as a volunteer. It's a fantastic place in general. They offer work for rehab patients, youths and various kinds of misfits who have a hard time getting a job for themselves or just need to get out, get some experience or meet people to make connections.

They also support the retirement home next door, offer cleaning to nearby companies, own two apartments that they lend out to women (and men) who need protection in undisclosed locations. Women's protection services, in short. It's a social business, as they put it.

I'll be working there part-time to begin with, and I start on the 14th. I'll be working mondays (half-day), wednesdays (whole day) and thursdays (half-day). The ambition is to work there full-time eventually (which comes together at 35 hours/week) and occasionally coming in to help on saturdays if there's a need.

I'm most likely going to work in the clothing & textiles department where they iron, check, fold, repair and take care of clothes, sheets and other textiles that people come in with so they are fit to be sold on to the next person, but I'll be jumping between departments since I'm pretty much proficient with everything but transportation (because I don't have a driver's license). So I'll be a stand-in everywhere. And apparently the department I'm going to work in has been desperately needing more people for a while, so that's fun!

I might even give them my sewing machine to borrow, since it's pretty strong and neat. The boss liked my enthusiasm and appreciated that I seemed to be a very stubborn and headstrong person, lol.

All in all, I'm very excited about it all!