The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Maelendiir Aethriil
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I'm interested in top-quality RP without the unnecessary God-emotes which seem to plague the regular WoW RP servers. I do enjoy questing and raiding on the traditional servers, but for me the RP scene currently leaves much to be desired. As far as roleplaying goes, I prefer it when people take the RP side of things seriously (i.e. don't over-exaggerate things too much), while still remembering that it's a game at the end of the day. I'm happy to play along with anyone's RP storylines so long as they respect that people put a lot of time into their characters and shouldn't just be God-emoted to death.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I come from the UK (England), and my primary (and only) language is English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I was introduced to WoW by my brother. I first started playing in 2006 and have been an active player ever since.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
I've been disappointed by the lack of decent RP (and over-abundance of God-emoters) in the traditional RP servers. A friend of mine from years back (Lux) told me about CotH which intrigued me. I read up a little more and decided to register.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
My favorite roleplaying is definitely the long, epic storyline variety. Ones which could have a drastic impact on certain characters, their lives, outlook on things, beliefs etc. My main character is hard to gain the trust of, so I enjoy the first few meetings of people where they tend to go from disliking him, through to bearing him, through to quite liking him. I enjoy the challenge of creating a well-liked character from someone who most people's first impressions of aren't exactly top-notch.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favorite race. Blood Elves - I'm a big elf fan at heart and I love their semi-tragic history. Class would be Hunter, but I'm biased. My main always has been, and always will be, a Hunter. I like the lone-wolf, self sufficient attitude. Plus he has the arrogance to match.

What are your expectations of this server?:
My expectations of this server is of a tight-knit community who are friendly and willing to put in the time to give some top-quality RP sessions.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I think all of the rules are pretty important. If I had to choose one over all of the others though, I would probably go with '1. Respect.' I generally believe that so long as everyone maintains a mutual respect for one another, the rest of the rules are moot as they would (should) be followed without even needing to be listed here.

Did you know that we have a Mentor Program? It's entirely voluntary and you as a new player can sign up for it right now in your introduction! Are you interested in signing up to be assigned a Mentor? If so, say so here (Please enter at least "Yes" or "No"):
No, I'm not interested in being mentored. In a worst-case scenario, I have friends currently on the server who I can ask questions if necessary.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

Okay - I wasn't expecting this! Here's a little something I've just knocked together - hope it holds up!

BIG GAME HUNTER:

Back pressed to the tree, leg braced against his cloak to stop it flapping in the breeze and attracting attention, the hunter slowly leans out to peer around the trunk to get a better view of his quarry, his face screwing up against the chill wind.

A gust of wind blows in the opposite direction and suddenly the Devilsaur raises it's head high, sniffing. It lets out an ear-piercing roar as it turns to face the semi-hidden hunter, who immediately whips into action. Arrow knocked, he spins out from the tree and looses his first arrow as the beast takes it's first steps towards him.

The Devilsaur bellows in pain as the arrow lodges itself in a patch of soft flesh between two plates of solid scale, bloodlust fills its eyes as it charges the petulant morsel. Two more arrows immediately follow the first and blood trickles down the Devilsaur's underbelly, the charge faltering enough for the marksman to roll through the beasts legs and produce a barbed knife which he uses to latch onto the creatures whip-lash tail, using it's impetus to launch himself onto the beast's back. From here, it would be all too easy to finish it off. The hide would earn him a nice few gold pieces back home.

He worked his way up the scaled back, using the creatures spines as a make-shift ladder, perspiration beginning to form on his brow at the exertion of climbing and maintaining a strong grip on the flailing creatures protrusions. He reaches the head and pulls out his other knife, this one longer and smoother. Fastening one arm around the creatures throat in an attempt to maintain balance, he raises his knife-arm high, a slow grin spreading across his face and a victorious glimmer in his eyes. Finally!

So focused was he on the task at hand, slaughtering the creature in cold blood and maintaining his grip on the thrashing lizard that he never noticed the rumbling, thunderous treads of another larger creature approaching. He didn't have time to smell the foul breath which suddenly surrounded him in a revolting miasma. He didn't have time to see the rows upon rows of sword-length teeth bearing down on him, pluck him almost gently from the Devilaur's back, and...

...chomp.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Nope!
Throm'ka, potential recruit!

You have taken a tremendous step with this submission! You will receive an 'official' response in due time, but meanwhile you may wish to ensure you've reviewed the following:
  • Rules (Remember, ignorance is no excuse in the case of rule-breaking! Don't make the Peon Overseers lash you with the whip any more than necessary!)
  • Policies (There are some policies that may be rather uncommon, so if you have not yet checked them then spare a moment to do so!)

Some extra reading that may be of use:
Soon, you should receive a reply to your submission from one of the Peon Overseers informing you of whether you are a suitable candidate for Peonship. Be patient! Just review the above information and a response will come before you know it! As an aside, I think Peon Maelendiir has an... er... 'interesting' ring to it, eh?
Hello there, Maelendiir (boy, that was tricky to spell)! Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

Blood Elf master race! (/highfive) I hope we'll be able to provide the RP you're looking for. And yes, the "Respect" rule is pretty much the core of the community. "Be nice", to sum it up. :) It's a good rule!

Do you have Skype? If so, you should check out this thread! Feel free to add my Skype (loxmardin) as well, if you want to chat, ask questions or have me add you to the official CotH Skype Group, manually!

Remember to register your in-game account in the Account Management page with the exact information you registered your forum name under. Also, take a look at this announcement about the .LFRP command! It's totally useful!

As per standard approval procedure, I'm going to link you to a few nice places that it certainly doesn't hurt if you double-check and make yourself extra familiar with. These are the Rules and Policies, as well as the FAQs. They've got a bunch of vital information in them. Don't forget to "/join Chat" for general chatter, "/join Barrens" for general randomness and more spammy chatter in-game!

Without further ado, welcome to the server and I hope we'll see you around!

Happy RPing!

Love,
Overseer Loxmardin