The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Unturned Zombie Survival
Hey guys!

Unturned is a free-to-play game on Steam! The game came out(on steam) a few days ago, it has some issues and bugs, but damn, this game is fun!

It's basically minecraft and DayZ fused together.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/304930/

Check it out, please! This game really needs more players! :P

((If you decide to download it, I'd appriciate if you joined this server: 85.214.86.4:25444
It's one of the first 24/7 servers, the host is improving it each day. I know it has a small bit of lagg, but it's enjoyable, and the lag will go away once the game is 100% finished. ))

EDIT: The Servers list is down ATM, as it had some time out issues. You can still connect via the "Connect" button, just copy paste the IP into the IP field.
"Excellence is when failure becomes improvement"

[Image: a7KvoWr_460sa_v1.gif]
Has some potential, can't believe I missed it myself.

I'll be trying it!
Psst. @Aethon; Server dead? Connection keeps timing out.

Edit; Well, tried singleplayer. Lack of explanation on anything and boy is it ugly. Think I'll pass for a bit. xD
@Psychyn If you get past the uglyness of the game and get to know it a bit more, it's fun! And it's in open beta, it's not fully done yet. The wiki helps a lot.

About the timing out issue, I have no idea, I've never had that problem on that server.

Looks interesting, but is it as good as DayZ? If you can't handcuff a guy, shoot him in the crotch and force feed him tuna, I'd say no.
[Image: 293D4BE4-7170-4C2A-B8BF-7EA572513EBD.jpg]
Spoiler:
[Image: Lazuri65.png]
(07-16-2014, 03:27 PM)Roxas65 Wrote: Looks interesting, but is it as good as DayZ? If you can't handcuff a guy, shoot him in the crotch and force feed him tuna, I'd say no.

Force feeding tuna is the only life there is.
Spoiler:
[Image: 8Mh5ajm.jpg]
Quote:Force feeding tuna is the only life there is.

And then make them wash it down with some detergent. Breaking their legs with a hammer is optional but highly recommended.

On topic for the thread, I wouldn't mind giving this game a shot. I've certainly played worse.

[Image: USYWXqZ.gif]
Seriously though, this game sounds a lot like 7 Days to Die only not as far along in development.
Spoiler:
When it's night.. you can't see ANYTHING.
[Image: pj3isZU.gif]

[Image: 43883.png]
I played this game, a bit hard at night time...
Spoiler:
[Image: 8Mh5ajm.jpg]
Yeah. It's easy to get a nightvision goggle tho! (Check the military base at respawn times. Beware of bandits.)

I've given this game a try now with my friend. It played well and all, but I never really saw the point. You couldn't really build anything so you could never settle down and defend against zombie hordes the way "7 Days to Die" let's you and after a while I found myself asking "why am I doing this?" Instead it ends up being DayZ, but much lighter.

Even the zombie load was lighter. I never really ran into that many and after putting just one skill point in warrior I could kill them in one blow with no problems. Even kiting large groups of zombies and killing them one by one was not even remotely challenging. Because of this my only problem was starving to death and finding food was a -pain.- Basically any food I ran into would poison me and instead slowly kill me that way. There was seemingly no way to win

For a free game it's definitely not bad, but if you've got money, "DayZ" or "7 Days to Die" is basically this, but better.
Spoiler:
I just left from the game where 5 of us teamed up, built a base on a helicopter island, and had a legit war against a stranger group. Maybe I'm just lucky with my games.

Apparently, I was wrong, you can build. Me and my friend missed this, probably because the tutorial only covers basic movement and nothing more. That does redeem the game quite a bit and I will give it another shot.

My argument still stands that if you've got money, "DayZ" or "7 Days to Die" is better. But for a free game you can do a whole lot worse than "Unturned".
Spoiler:
(07-20-2014, 04:01 PM)Roxas65 Wrote: - Basically any food I ran into would poison me and instead slowly kill me

Only eat these berries: Blue, Pale, Pink, Green (Non-toxic, tho Blue and Pale will make you trippy) The others will increase your disease meter.

Also if you find moldy drinks, you need to combine it with a purification tablet, so that it becomes "fresh" and your disease meter won't increase.

If you find moldy food in towns, put them into the craft slot, and plant the seeds you get from it. You'll grow fresh food.