The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Presenting Myself
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Hello, my name is Liam (I've never trusted giving my last name to people on the internet). I've generally been interested in writing and roleplay. Most of my writing was in the genre of sci-fi. I'm generally seeking a few fun people to RP with, especially in the Warcraft universe. Given your rules, this was pretty much confirmed. You got a mature atmosphere, and come on, it's a server dedicated to the Horde. Heck yeah.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I was born in Washington State, America. My primary language is English, but I got about six months of french (forgot most of it) and a few years of Spanish (also forgot most of the words in that language).

How did you get into Warcraft?:
In December, my friend came to me one day and had an argument with me about how I always spam the attacks in Mortal Kombat. I told her that I don't care for a fair fight and I'd always spam the buttons in any other game. Which generally gets me killed. Oh well. So, Warcraft was the alternative to that.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
The great gateways of Google showed me. Woopty.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
About every bit of it that isn't something like college, family, farm... Basically, if it's open, I might just interact with it. I'm sort of a nosy person.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
For PLAYABLE races, it'd be Orc, Belves, Draenei, and Gnomes. And for the PLAYABLE classes, there are the Death Knights, Warriors, Hunters (without a pet), and Rogues.

For non-playable races, I enjoy the Faceless Ones, dragons, Murlocs, Old Gods, Elementals, and Ethereals. I'm sorry for giving all of these names, I have a difficulty for deciding what is my absolute favorite.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Roleplay buddies, a casual atmosphere, meeting people from different cultures, and freedom of custom appearance. Oh, and finding people with a bunch of scientific knowledge that I can share a very science based chat with, from parasites to how frigging awesome space is. Seriously, look at how awesome planets are. They're like diverse and strange people.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Tolerance, maturity, role-playing. Again, I'm sorry for not picking one. It's too hard. Having a few jokes tossed at me for being black was kind of annoying. People didn't understand the meaning of stop. And seeing people roleplay as a dryad that's the sister to Varian was very annoying. Seeing that I'll be accepted is pretty nice to see.

Did you know that we have a Mentor Program? It's entirely voluntary and you as a new player can sign up for it right now in your introduction! Are you interested in signing up to be assigned a Mentor? If so, say so here: No thank you.

[b]Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

Love is the custody that many will wish to be bound to with another prisoner to such chains. Draenor, home to the Orcs and bewildering life, is a mothering figure to conflict and survival. There was no room to this joyful prison. No room except in the heart of Thanakath. Meeting with Yettera gave him this burning passion for her, cooling the flames of quarrels with the needs of hunger, respect, and survival.

Yettera was of the race known as Draenei. Thanakath was a curious Orc, constantly visiting her in her hunts to hear her tales of Argus and magic. He would respond with his bizarre theories on how shamans would bargain with the spirits to receive such magical prowess. Eventually, Thanakath and Yettera fell in love and bonded in secrecy. The visits continued until they both ran away with each other to live within the mountains.

But with Draenor being the mothering figure to conflict, the Draenei were being chased by their demonic ancestors and masters, the Burning Legion. Kil'jaeden, Chief Lieutenant of this legion, wanted a transformed mortal race to annihilate any other worlds. Velen, the didactic figure over the Draenei, was seeking refuge from Kil'jaeden. But he had to face him and run continuously. Kil'jaeden appointed a pit lord to spill its blood and offer it as a gift to the Orc race. It was a gift of power to change them into a dominant species of harsh overlords. The final decision was made, and so the Orc clans drank the blood.

Thanakath refused the blood in his own judgement that he is already strong enough to be a monster if he were to resort to such a low piece. Yettera showed that the Man'ari eredar are slaves to the Burning Legion, and that his race would resort to the same beings of demonic power. Thanakath also used this reason to refuse the blood, remaining with his brown skin and orange eyes.

Once learning that the Orcs were attacking Draenei, Thanakath acted as a guardian for Yettera. Though she was capable of protecting herself, Thanakath insisted on protecting her. Given their secluded life in the mountains, they both eventually became laid back in their lives.

In one of Thanakath's hunts, he spotted a short group of the corrupted Orcs marching up the mountains. Fear started creeping over him. He ran back to his home, trying to outrun his growing fear. But he wasn't quick enough.

When coming to his home, Thanakath found Yettera on the floor with a dagger sticking out of her stomach. He confronted the Orcs around his home, who claimed to have cleansed him of his weakness. His sudden blood-lust proved them otherwise. Seeing the death of Yettera gave birth to a new fury within him. He took the dagger away from her stomach and began slaughtering the Orcs around his home.

Thanakath now wanders with the Horde on Azeroth. Though he finds it difficult to give into the power of forgiving his kin for their actions, he feels it wrong to hate his own kin over the actions of when they were not themselves.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Give me the news, doc... Are Murlocs playable...?
Throm'ka, potential recruit!

You have taken a tremendous step with this submission! You will receive an 'official' response in due time, but meanwhile you may wish to ensure you've reviewed the following:
  • Rules (Remember, ignorance is no excuse in the case of rule-breaking! Don't make the Peon Overseers lash you with the whip any more than necessary!)
  • Policies (There are some policies that may be rather uncommon, so if you have not yet checked them then spare a moment to do so!)

Some extra reading that may be of use:
Soon, you should receive a reply to your submission from one of the Peon Overseers informing you of whether you are a suitable candidate for Peonship. Be patient! Just review the above information and a response will come before you know it! As an aside, I think Peon fluffyflood has an... er... 'interesting' ring to it, eh?
Hello there, fluffyflood! Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

You do have a generally fluffy feel about you. :D Don't worry about not being able to pick just one; there's more to love than that!

Murlocs are not playable except as CMCs (Custom Model Characters; you can find the subforum under Storylines), which are rare and restricted to Grunts and up. You need to become a Grunt before you are eligible to apply for one, and even then there's no guarantee you'll be able to get one. But, that is the only way they are available as playable character options.

Do you have Skype? If so, you should check out this thread! Feel free to add my Skype (loxmardin) as well, if you want to chat, ask questions or have me add you to the official CotH Skype Group, manually!

Remember to register your in-game account in the Account Management page with the exact information you registered your forum name under. Also, take a look at this announcement about the .LFRP command! It's totally useful!

As per standard approval procedure, I'm going to link you to a few nice places that it certainly doesn't hurt if you double-check and make yourself extra familiar with. These are the Rules and Policies, as well as the FAQs. They've got a bunch of vital information in them. Don't forget to "/join Chat" for general chatter, "/join Barrens" for general randomness and more spammy chatter in-game!

Without further ado, welcome to the server and I hope we'll see you around!

Happy RPing!

Love,
Overseer Loxmardin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hello there, Aldotsk presenting! Aldotsk 3 698 06-06-2011, 03:56 PM
Last Post: Aldotsk