The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Balderdashing
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Hello! My name's Balderdashing, Balder, Chase, whatever. I'm a fairly easy-going person with a preference for quiet, mellow conversation and an unhealthy fixation on bad puns. I tend to be relatively reserved out of character, though it's not really due to any sort of animosity to other people; I simply have very little to say most of the time that I feel is pertinent to the discussion at hand. That said, I do my best to remain friendly and helpful to most everyone I meet, irrespective of background. I'm twenty-one years old, a bit too short for my liking, and possessed of a tendency to write forum introductions like a dating profile. I'm also mildly dyslexic, so bear with any typos that pop up here and there if you can. ;;>.>

I'm originally from Oklahoma, but I've recently moved to the West Coast. Not much else to say beyond my affinity for wordplay and healthy disdain for vampires.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
As stated above, I'm a US citizen and native English speaker.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Got into Warcraft through a significant other some years ago, roughly three months before Cataclysm dropped. Came for the roleplay, left after it seemed to dry up on both Moon Guard and Wyrmrest.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
A friend referred me about a month ago? My sense of time is fuzzy on that one. Their testimony to the server's quality of roleplay and integrity of setting was the biggest draw for me.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

I enjoy roleplay as dictated by the characters. Whether that be a roleplay event set up beforehand, or spontaneous, on-the-spot roleplay that evolves out of a simple meeting on the roadside. I disdain railroaded, fully pre-planned roleplay where characters exist only to follow a series of steps and actions defined by a puppetmaster rather than acting of their own accord in response to the actions of other characters, NPCs, and their own internal motivations.

As to partner count, I have a preference for smaller, more concise gatherings of.. Roughly 2 - 10 people. That said, I won't walk away from a roleplay for my own comfort if it wouldn't be in-character for my character to do so.

So, I suppose.. I like everything, pretty much? Sorry if that's a bit nonspecific. If required, I'll respond with something a bit less nebulous.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favorite class is warrior, and my favorite race is undead. There's something to be said for the allure of a long-dead knight beating an enemy to a pulp with an arm he ripped from his own socket. MediEvil was a great game.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I suppose my expectations are that character integrity is not expected to be compromised for OOC desires by other players, and even-handed application of power from the mods/GMs in relation to players. I've had bad experiences with both on several MMOs, but I've heard nothing but good about CotH.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
IC/OOC separation and language/tolerance are probably the ones that stick out at me most. I enjoy seeing people get along.

Did you know that we have a Mentor Program? It's entirely voluntary and you as a new player can sign up for it right now in your introduction! Are you interested in signing up to be assigned a Mentor? If so, say so here (Please enter at least "Yes" or "No"):
Nah.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Spoiler'd it for the sake of keeping things neat looking. Admittedly, I kinda wrote this in about fifteen minutes on minimal sleep, so I'm sorry if it's kinda long-winded. If something with dialogue is requested, I'll whip something else up. Hope it's up to snuff!

Spoiler:
There was a certain finality to the silence that settled over the shattered cathedral's interior in the wake of the gunshot. The man in the flak coat, once resplendent with gilded finery and medals of service, stared at the gaping hole that occupied the space where he remembered a heart beating. Smoke spilled from the blackened pit in long, wisping gouts that stretched up to meet the open sky that stood in place of a roof that had crumbled away with the centuries. He followed the ghostly digits up to meet the barrel of the gun that had sealed his fate; it's metal catching the light in the same way an oil slick snatches color from the sun. As his knees met the broken steps that stood before a crumbled pulpit, he resolved that the colors seemed quite beautiful-- In the way that a scorched log or a drowned bird could be beautiful.

As the man fell away to crumple before the altar, the gunman who'd set him there twirled the still-smoking sidearm back to it's holster with minimal flourish. Another heretic sent to answer for his sins. Another bullet ill-spent. He turned to regard what had, at one time, been the largest, most beautiful (and most expensive) cathedral in the sector. It was from this very altar that the Confessor-General had issued the diatribe that had carried the faithful forward into what was to be the bloodiest Ecclesiarchal action undertaken in the sector since the days of Drusus and Angevin.

He might've quipped a smile if he weren't so tired from the walking and the sun that beat so relentlessly overhead. Three days of travel and it still hadn't set. Even now, he could hear the sizzle of ancient brick and mortar cooking in the unabating heat. Weary violet eyes cast out across the shattered remains of row after row of granite pews, stretching off into the distance for the two miles that stood between him and the entryway at the end of the aisle. There were no faithful here to pray. Nor were there clerics, or deacons, or Confessor-Generals, or the faint reek of blessed incense. Not even ghosts dared to haunt this place.

Only dust and dead men.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
If anything here in my introduction has seemed passive-aggressive, dismissive, or otherwise impersonal or abrasive, I really do apologize! I tend to be brief with these sorts of things, as I don't want to miscommunicate myself or my intentions. I'm really a very friendly person, I promise!
Throm'ka, potential recruit!

You have taken a tremendous step with this submission! You will receive an 'official' response in due time, but meanwhile you may wish to ensure you've reviewed the following:
  • Rules (Remember, ignorance is no excuse in the case of rule-breaking! Don't make the Peon Overseers lash you with the whip any more than necessary!)
  • Policies (There are some policies that may be rather uncommon, so if you have not yet checked them then spare a moment to do so!)

Some extra reading that may be of use:
Soon, you should receive a reply to your submission from one of the Peon Overseers informing you of whether you are a suitable candidate for Peonship. Be patient! Just review the above information and a response will come before you know it! As an aside, I think Peon Balderdashing has an... er... 'interesting' ring to it, eh?
Hello there, Balderdashing! Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

Do you know if your friend still plays on the server and, if so, what name they go by? :) I'm always curious to hear about the people who spread the word.

Do you have Skype? If so, you should check out this thread! Feel free to add my Skype (loxmardin) as well, if you want to chat, ask questions or have me add you to the official CotH Skype Group, manually!

Remember to register your in-game account in the Account Management page with the exact information you registered your forum name under. Also, take a look at this announcement about the .LFRP command! It's totally useful!

As per standard approval procedure, I'm going to link you to a few nice places that it certainly doesn't hurt if you double-check and make yourself extra familiar with. These are the Rules and Policies, as well as the FAQs. They've got a bunch of vital information in them. Don't forget to "/join Chat" for general chatter, "/join Barrens" for general randomness and more spammy chatter in-game!

Without further ado, welcome to the server and I hope we'll see you around!

Happy RPing!

Love,
Overseer Loxmardin
Ah! Thanks so much for the quick reply! My friend on the server goes by Vooz, if I'm not mistaken.