The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "fragment" - Line: 1494 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 1494 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 1640 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP] postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 513 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 228 postParser->parse_mycode
/inc/functions_post.php 817 postParser->parse_message
/showthread.php 1118 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1587 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1587 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 1640 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP] postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 513 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 228 postParser->parse_mycode
/inc/functions_post.php 817 postParser->parse_message
/showthread.php 1118 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Is it normal to be this nervous? :E
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

Hello, hello! My name's Nicholas, or Nick if you all prefer. I've been roleplaying for about ten years (though honestly, my quality of writing says otherwise). Starting from tabletop games, moving onwards to chatroom/forum roleplay before finally venturing into MMO Roleplaying... I've definitely experienced a plethora of varying roleplaying types and levels of quality. For better or for worse.

I'm 21, and sadly have a rather erratic schedule due to my living circumstances. Due to this, my online hours vary a good bit. Sometimes I can play for hours a day. Sometimes I'm unable to log on for days. However if the latter does happen, I do try to inform people of my imminent absence.

I'm also fond of Skype! So if there is a Skype Group for CotH, I'd love to join!

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I'm from the US, currently living comfortably in California. All I know is English, and small fragments of Spanish.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

I first was introduced to Warcraft through Warcraft III and its expansion. I purchased and began playing World of Warcraft when it first released, and consistently played it up until Burning Crusade came to its close. Missed out on Wrath, came back briefly for Cata. And currently I am subscribed to, and playing Mists of Pandaria.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:

Simply put, I've heard of this server plenty of times around the circles I walk. For the most part, all I've heard was positive!

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

All kinds! Literally, all kinds. Admittedly, I'm not the sort to censor things in my roleplay. If it gets brutal or explicit, so be it. I've long since passed the point to where things make me squeamish or uncomfortable.

--Though I do respect the Server's PG-13 sort of rule-set. Nothing inappropriate will be done in the public channel at all.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

Hrm...-- goodness. That's a good question. As of right now? I've been having an increasing love for Orcs. Though Trolls always hold a special place in my heart. In spite of this, my intended Main will be a Human, simply because I have the most material and motivation for the character in mind, as-is.

As for my favorite class... that most likely would be Warlock. From a Lore perspective at least.

What are your expectations of this server?:

Quality roleplay, a good community. At least a bit of custom content, and a means of having some unique character growth based on the roleplay my character engages in. You know~ events! Community Storytelling and the like!

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

Tolerance. Admittedly my character isn't the most... masculine sort, physically. Because of this, I often get harassed by the less-than-accepting. Verbal harassment is the most common form of this. But in servers that have open-world PvP, and potentially perma-death put in place, I often found myself the target of numerous gank attempts for one reason for another.

That was generally an unpleasant experience. I'm hopeful that I won't have to experience anything like that in the future.

Did you know that we have a Mentor Program? It's entirely voluntary and you as a new player can sign up for it right now in your introduction! Are you interested in signing up to be assigned a Mentor? If so, say so here (Please enter at least "Yes" or "No"):

I'm sure I can find my way around without a mentor, necessarily. A little chatting with the community will go a long way, I'm sure!

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

Of all of the mistakes he had made as a traveling, independent Scholar... this had to have been one of his worst blunders yet.

Stealing tomes and artifacts from an assumed-to-be dormant and abandoned dwelling of the Cult of the Damned...-- and to think, he had believed there to be no traps in such a place! Why, oh why would they leave their secrets exposed to the greedy hands of the unworthy?!

His rushed footsteps echoed through the wide caverns that bore numerous twists and turns. The rising, muggy cold and low, distant groans indicating that numerous entities had awoken due to his intrusion. His only hope for survival was to run through the dimly lit caverns and hope to find the exit. A heavily loaded traveling backpack strapped tightly to his back. The entirety of his small, fragile looking form wrapped in thick cloth garbs that sadly did little to ward off the magic-borne chill in the air.

His pace was quick in spite of the stiffness in his joints. A tender, trembling hand clutching an enchanted lantern's handle with such tightness that his knuckles appeared more white than the general paleness that embodied the rest of his skin. Huffing his breaths, he heard them, trailing behind. Scampering creatures... hissing, gurgling with a crazed hunger like no other. Ghouls, hungry for their first feast since their slumber. Their claws scraping stone as they trailed behind, gaining slowly upon the sprinting Scholar who was succumbing to his growing exhaustion.

And yet-- there it was! The glimmer of moonlight in the distance... the exit was within reach! With his Steed awaiting him outside, he knew he could make his escape! And yet--... he needed a distraction. Something to stop the Ghouls from escaping outside. If he were to go straight for his Horse, the Ghouls would surely leap upon both of them before they'd even manage to pick up speed!

A quick bit of thinking was all it took. Reaching into the confines of his robe with his sole free hand as the exit grew ever closer, he withdrew what appeared to be a pristine, clear crystal ball and began channeling as necessary. Muttering between breaths a panicked, fast incantation that would-- unfortunately, result in the loss of this particular resource. It was necessary for survival however, and for that he felt no regret. Clutching the orb in a tight grip as he passed through the moonlit entrance-way with his pursuers merely seconds behind him, he turned. Throwing the orb which now shone with a frosty blue light.

It shattered upon impact with the smooth stone ground of the cave entrance's interior. The boom of escaping magic having been strong enough to send the Scholar falling back with a roll upon the mossy dirt. Disoriented and weary... he peered to the cave entrance to see if this was either a success... or merely a failed attempt to escape his final hour.

The energy freed from the shattered orb had completely frozen the entrance of the cave shut! A chilling reminder of just how close his escape had been was left behind, however. A frozen hand of an out-reaching Ghoul stuck out from the wall of ice. Unmoving, yet menacing all the same. He pitied any who would try to thaw out the entrance of this cave, with a prevalent warning such as that left present.

A moment of rest later... and he would be on his way. Saddled up, and ready to head back to camp. Considering to himself that perhaps now was a good time to consider a more permanent 'Home' to store his collected items, now that his adventures were beginning to accumulate quite the hoard of collected goods.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

Hm...~ well, if there's a Skype Group for CotH, definitely let me know! That would be all! n_n; I apologize for all typos, as I am currently a little woozy on cold medicine at the time. :x
Throm'ka, potential recruit!

You have taken a tremendous step with this submission! You will receive an 'official' response in due time, but meanwhile you may wish to ensure you've reviewed the following:
  • Rules (Remember, ignorance is no excuse in the case of rule-breaking! Don't make the Peon Overseers lash you with the whip any more than necessary!)
  • Policies (There are some policies that may be rather uncommon, so if you have not yet checked them then spare a moment to do so!)

Some extra reading that may be of use:
Soon, you should receive a reply to your submission from one of the Peon Overseers informing you of whether you are a suitable candidate for Peonship. Be patient! Just review the above information and a response will come before you know it! As an aside, I think Peon Laersect has an... er... 'interesting' ring to it, eh?
Hello there, Laersect! Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

*pinches cheeks* o_o Is it normal to be this adorable? Your avatar just makes it even better!

I'm curious to hear what sort of things you've heard about us in other circles. We often hear about people knowing about us since before but since the server's gone through some changes in the past couple of years it's interesting to hear what sorts of things people talk about. :)

Oh, you love Skype? If so, you should check out this thread! Feel free to add my Skype (loxmardin) as well, if you want to chat, ask questions or have me add you to the official CotH Skype Group, manually!

Remember to register your in-game account in the Account Management page with the exact information you registered your forum name under. Also, take a look at this announcement about the .LFRP command! It's totally useful!

As per standard approval procedure, I'm going to link you to a few nice places that it certainly doesn't hurt if you double-check and make yourself extra familiar with. These are the Rules and Policies, as well as the FAQs. They've got a bunch of vital information in them. Don't forget to "/join Chat" for general chatter, "/join Barrens" for general randomness and more spammy chatter in-game!

Without further ado, welcome to the server and I hope we'll see you around!

Happy RPing!

Love,
Overseer Loxmardin
Ah. Another for the dissection table, then?
[Image: 6RpTZgI.gif]
Fancy seeing you here! Welcome!
Perhaps it is your imperfection that which grants you free will, that allows you to persevere against cosmically calculated odds. You prevailed where the Titans' own perfect creations have failed.

- Algalon, The Observer
Welcome! I bet @"SachikoMaeda" is going to like ya'.
[Image: 2hhkp3k.gif]
Recommended reads: Divine and Arcane. Also, elves.
Wanna refer me in Tribes: Ascend? Clickies!
Indeed I will. If you ever take a trip to the wiki here, go visit Doran's page. You shall be accepted by me.
[Image: KceuhuX.gif][Image: eKcKrrq.png]
I am tech support

[4:16:27 PM] Cristovao di Silvio ( @"CappnRob"): theres the bar. then theres the bottom of the barrel, then theres you sachi
<3 Newbies unite.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Manically Normal Introduction themanicnorm 1 417 11-14-2011, 11:02 PM
Last Post: Cressy