The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Sleezzbee's Introduction
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Hi there! I'm a previous heroic raider, who was always heavily interested in RPing more and more as my life got more on track, as it's a more "casual" thing, and is less stressful. Storytelling is something that I love, as is the Warcraft universe. I was always one of those people who had a story for each one of my characters, and tended to even roleplay them to a degree by myself.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
United States of America. English is my primary language.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I first got into Warcraft by going to a friends house and seeing him play the game on his brother's laptop, during the start of the Burning Crusade. Both of us were avid gamers, even at our young age. I made my first character, a Blood Elf rogue, and fell in love quickly. I purchased my own copy of the game and set up my own subscription, and set out on my own journey as a Night Elf hunter.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
I googled "World of Warcraft private RP servers". Honestly, nothing much just "drew" me to the server at first, but after browsing through the rules, and having to write an application before I even create a character seems like a very good system

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy pretty much any type of roleplay, given I can make it flow. From my roleplay experience on retail, I always enjoyed the "forming of friendships" and character progression. I loved to see my character's attitude evolve before my eyes, as well as his/her partners. Whether it's just a simple conversation, or a great adventure, I just like my roleplay to show development. Even sitting at a tavern and hearing some hero boast about their accomplishments is great.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Can I have more than one? Because I certainly do.

Sin'dorei: I love the lore behind the Blood Elves. I love the passive agressive tension on their side to the rest of the Horde, and their vendetta against the Alliance. They seem to be one of the Horde's least likely allies, but they're certainly accepted by those who recognize what they're useful for.

Humans: The fact that Humans in Warcraft have had a great deal of suffering draws me to them. It's not a lot like other MMOs, where Humans are the "great inventors", the ones who prosper, where all the other races follow in their footsteps. Plus, their culture is diverse among itself, so Humans come in all different variety.

Draenei: What an odd race. They're so culturally different from the rest of Azeroth, but their noble nature and devout people is something that's very appealing. Even with all they've been through, they still keep their heads up high, hoping for a light in the darkness.

Goblins: Oh, goblins. Whether it's their crazy culture or their engineering, they're almost as diverse as the Humans. Goblins are a good "comic relief", but one can also be a serious character, when the time is needed.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Just for a place to put my roleplay ideas in motion. The idea of a private community to have adventures in greatly appeals to me.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
To be honest? It's what I'm writing right now. It's a bit odd compared to other private servers, but the fact that this one requires an introduction just gives me a feeling that the server has many quality players, which is huge.

Did you know that we have a Mentor Program? It's entirely voluntary and you as a new player can sign up for it right now in your introduction! Are you interested in signing up to be assigned a Mentor? If so, say so here (Please enter at least "Yes" or "No"): I believe I can roleplay fine, but having a Mentor to at least show me the ropes of the community would be greatly appreciated, as well as giving me any tips on how to improve my roleplay, so I can better integrate myself here.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

"I feel I'm just not accecpted by the rest of our kind." I said to the bartender of Falconwing Square, as I waited for my drink.

"Why is that? You're a soldier. You stood your ground during the Scourge Invasion, yet you still doubt yourself." The bartender replied, sliding over a decorated tankard filled with ale.

"Exactly, I 'stood my ground'. I didn't actually die, like the rest of the people who were defending. How I didn't was a miracle, but that just leaves me with this feeling of guilt, you know?" I said, reaching into my pocket and placing a few copper coins on the counter as I took a sip from the tankard.

"Well you shouldn't have that. You were brave. If others can't accept you, than so be it." The bartender said back, placing the coins inside a small lockbox behind the counter.

"And then there's that division of our people on our usage of magic. There's all of this tension between the Farstriders and the Magistrate, but no one speaks publicly about it. Each one thinks they're better than the other. While it could help with competition, I -suppose-, but that isn't important in the long run. It's creating a larger divide between our people every day, but we have already lost so much. What's the point over debating who is better? It just doesn't make any sense to me." I said, taking a rather long sip of the ale.

"It seems this is about more than just your Survivor's Guilt, Tan'daris." The bartender responded in a lower tone, breaking the eye contact we had sustained to clean his counter.

"It very well could be." I said, resting my mug on the counter, eyeing the bar rag that was going back and forth along the gilded counter.

"I won't pry any further. Besides, you come to a bar to forget your problems, not dwell on them." The bartender said with a bit of a chuckle at the end of his sentence. He crouched down, going through his shelves.

"Yeah, you're right. You always know just what to say, don't you?" I said, cracking a small smile.

"What can I say, I know my customers." The bartender responded, leaning forward on the counter. "Just keep your head up. We need more people like you, not just mindless followers."

"Good to know that you appreciate me. I'm going to hope it's not all the coins of mine you have in that chest back there." I said, finishing the rest of my ale and raising the mug in the air, giving the Bartender a toothy grin as we both let out a small laugh together. "Anyways, break is over. I'll be back at the usual time tonight."

"Of course, Tan'daris. Shorel'aran." The bartender said, turning his back as he went through his stock.

I grabbed my crossbow, and slung it over my back, giving the bartender a wave as I took my leave. Back to watching over our people silently, taking in all they discuss among themselves. I just wanted to get by, and carry on the will of those that fell on that dreadful day. I seem to be an oddity, but so be it.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I'd just like to add that I hope I meet your standards, and thank you for reading my introduction.
Throm'ka, potential recruit!

You have taken a tremendous step with this submission! You will receive an 'official' response in due time, but meanwhile you may wish to ensure you've reviewed the following:
  • Rules (Remember, ignorance is no excuse in the case of rule-breaking! Don't make the Peon Overseers lash you with the whip any more than necessary!)
  • Policies (There are some policies that may be rather uncommon, so if you have not yet checked them then spare a moment to do so!)

Some extra reading that may be of use:
Soon, you should receive a reply to your submission from one of the Peon Overseers informing you of whether you are a suitable candidate for Peonship. Be patient! Just review the above information and a response will come before you know it! As an aside, I think Peon Sleezzbee has an... er... 'interesting' ring to it, eh?
Hello Sleezzbee, and welcome to COTH!

If you haven’t already, please do make sure to double-check the rules and policies so you’re for sure familiar to the server’s expectations! If you have further questions, I recommend giving this guide a read, as it contains a lot of helpful information for players who are new to the server. Also, if you haven’t already, make sure to register your in-game account in the Account Management page using the same information you registered your forum name under. As for downloading the correct client and other things that you need to do in order to connect, I recommend giving this a read, as I found it very helpful myself when we made the switch to Cataclysm.

As for making your first character, there are a lot of helpful articles and guides for you to read up on in case you don’t fully understand the lore. The wiki also contains helpful tips for making a character and for when you’re writing your first profile, such as scale and height.

When you get your account created, make sure to /join Chat and /join Barrens in-game for if you have any questions not answered in the forums. Additionally, if you have skype and want to connect to the community there, we have an official skype group. For more information, read this thread. Feel free to send me a message if you need any assistance, and I’ll give if a reply as soon as I can! And if not me, any Overseer, GM, or Forum Helper.

Sometimes the suffering of the Humans is overlooked, and you've got to appreciate the diversity of the race - those other races are some of my favorites as well. We've got a lot of diversity in what is played here on CotH and I think that with the help of a mentor you'll fit right in.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy your stay!

~Geo
[Image: anim_500.gif]