The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Wakhan's Introduction
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
My name is David, I am 24 years old. I've been playing RPG's for quite a while, being this kind of game, along with strategy, my favourites. Even though I love gaming, it is not my only hobby: I love reading and writing, walking, I love music (listening to and creating it), you could say I'm someone who's into arts and stuff. I am a Lakota Sioux descendant, born in South Dakota but moved to Europe in early age.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
As stated above, I was born in south dakota, but I moved to Europe when I was a kid. I'm living in Portugal now (my father was portuguese). My primary language is portuguese.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Back when Warcraft 3 came out. I was always into RTS games and fantasy-medieval'ish themed stuff, so when a childhood friend showed me WC3 I instantly fell in love: both with the gameplay and the lore itself.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
I have always been looking for a RPG that actually has the RP feeling to it. Playing just to level and be ''pro'' gets so boring, there is no essence to it. To be completely honest, I just searched in google for a RP-based WoW server, and this one drawed my attention the most because it gives me the feeling that there is a very deep RP approach to the game within the community.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
The kind of roleplay I enjoy is living the life of a character. I wouldn't say I would love the ''tavern feel'' or ''fighting'' the most. I guess it's all part of a character's life. Personally, my kind of character has always a very strong spirituality feel to it, so I guess my roleplay type is something along those lines.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favourite race is the Tauren. Not only because they vaguely represent the Native American culture, but because of how much of a proud and (generally) peaceful race they are. Very in tune with the Earth Mother and their ancestors, they have a very spiritual approach to life itself. Besides that, they are a very ancient race. I can relate to them. My favourite class is Shaman, because, as I stated before, my characters usually have some kind of spiritual feel into them: but not spiritual as in Priests. It's a more primal and raw spirituality: The Earth Mother.

What are your expectations of this server?:
A server with a very immersive RP feeling. I guess RP players are like ''virtual actors'', so I'm hoping I will feel like I am really playing in the Warcraft Universe, with real Orcs and Taurens :)

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Definately respect. It's one of the most basic values, either in or outside any server. It's the basic principle for human relation.

Did you know that we have a Mentor Program? It's entirely voluntary and you as a new player can sign up for it right now in your introduction! Are you interested in signing up to be assigned a Mentor? If so, say so here (Please enter at least "Yes" or "No"):
Yes. If I get accepted into the server, I think I would like to be assigned a Mentor, so I could get a complete introduction to the particular universe in this server. Just a little help until I can hold on my own feet. To be honest, this will be my very first RP experience in a full RP server, so I think a Mentor would come in handy

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

It was a cold, misty night in the plains of Mulgore. The muffled sound of hooves stomping the dirt almost felt like Earth Mother's heartbeats.
They passed me the pipe as I sat closer to the fire and looked around one last time -
I knew I wouldn't return the same. As a child, I used to go out on many journeys, but none of them was quite like the one I was about to have. All the tales I was told in my childhood came to me - the mighty Spirit Walkers who lived in two different plains of existence, who could speak to the spirits of the ancients and the elements themselves. They used to tell me I had the gift in me, that I was one of the chosen by the Earth Mother, but I was too young to understand that all gifts come with a burden... And now I was there, ready to open a door I knew that would never be closed again.

After inhaling the sacred mixture, I remember little: the sound of drums and flutes, of hooves and roaring chants; the smell of burning herbs and treated Kodo skin... but nothing more. What I saw is still a mistery to me, but I do know this: My vision isn't the same since I woke up from that journey... and yet, I know that it is still to be
finished.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

Even though I consider myself ''fluent'' in english, I might make some mistakes. I'm looking forward to join you people.
Throm'ka, potential recruit!

You have taken a tremendous step with this submission! You will receive an 'official' response in due time, but meanwhile you may wish to ensure you've reviewed the following:
  • Rules (Remember, ignorance is no excuse in the case of rule-breaking! Don't make the Peon Overseers lash you with the whip any more than necessary!)
  • Policies (There are some policies that may be rather uncommon, so if you have not yet checked them then spare a moment to do so!)

Some extra reading that may be of use:
Soon, you should receive a reply to your submission from one of the Peon Overseers informing you of whether you are a suitable candidate for Peonship. Be patient! Just review the above information and a response will come before you know it! As an aside, I think Peon Wakhan has an... er... 'interesting' ring to it, eh?
Hello Wakhan, and welcome to COTH!

If you haven’t already, please do make sure to double-check the rules and policies so you’re for sure familiar to the server’s expectations! If you have further questions, I recommend giving this guide a read, as it contains a lot of helpful information for players who are new to the server. Also, if you haven’t already, make sure to register your in-game account in the Account Management page using the same information you registered your forum name under. As for downloading the correct client and other things that you need to do in order to connect, I recommend giving this a read, as I found it very helpful myself when we made the switch to Cataclysm.

As for making your first character, there are a lot of helpful articles and guides for you to read up on in case you don’t fully understand the lore. The wiki also contains helpful tips for making a character and for when you’re writing your first profile, such as scale and height.

When you get your account created, make sure to /join Chat and /join Barrens in-game for if you have any questions not answered in the forums. Additionally, if you have skype and want to connect to the community there, we have an official skype group. For more information, read this thread. Feel free to send me a message if you need any assistance, and I’ll give if a reply as soon as I can! And if not me, any Overseer, GM, or Forum Helper.

The Tauren are a great race to play and explore themes with, for all the cultural aspects you explained and more. Don't let the low count of Tauren dishearten you or turn you away - your mentor will help you find some Tauren RP and there's always a way to generate interest, especially if you use the workshop forum.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy your stay!

~Geo
[Image: anim_500.gif]