The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "fragment" - Line: 1494 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 1494 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 1640 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP] postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 513 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 228 postParser->parse_mycode
/inc/functions_post.php 817 postParser->parse_message
/showthread.php 1118 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1587 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1587 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Undefined array key "fragment" - Line: 1494 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1587 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Updates on Me and the Server
So, it's been a while since I had a "what's going on in the life of Grakor" kind of post. And, I'm sure many of you are wondering why certain things haven't been moving particularly quickly, especially the whole custom lore and race/class expansion ideas. Unfortunately, I can take the blame for a lot of it, and most of it has been due to RL complications on my end.

I think I've made no secret in the past that I suffer from recurring depression. I also suffer from a rather crippling social anxiety that often robs me of the ability to properly communicate in RL situations. This has been true for years, but it was only recently that I had the proper drive, and discovered means, to actually get help for any of that. The good news is that I'm currently taking medication (and am scheduled to get therapy) that may help, and we'll see how things progress from there.

The bad news is that I recently had a break-up with my boyfriend. I won't get into the specifics, but I'll say that we didn't part on the best of terms and the relationship was causing additional stress and worry on me, and I need as little stress and worry as I can get given the circumstances if I'm hoping to really recover. Unfortunately, this also effectively killed my RL social life as most of my outside contact was through him. Needless to say, I have a lot of work ahead of me when it comes to trying to get back out into the world, and it won't be an easy journey for me.

So, RL circumstances have effectively put a halt on my own contributions to server progression, particularly in regards to expanding lore. That said, we haven't been entirely idle.

One thing I want to highlight and talk about for a moment is that there was a change in server policy recently. Particularly, GMs are going to be required to make profiles for their personal, non-event characters now. (Event characters are still exempt from the profile requirement to help facilitate the production of events.) I've had complaints directed at me before regarding GMs skipping the profile process. In the past, we justified the exemption by saying that it gave GMs more time to dedicate to crafting events and fostering roleplay in the community. However, in retrospect I think it didn't work out the way we planned. So, we're trying to set things up so that GMs and players are on more even footing when it comes to what they can and cannot do with their characters.

That's about all I have for the moment. Need to fight this headache that's creeping up.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
Getting medicated for my depression and anxiety was possibly one of the best things I did in my life. Hopefully the medicine takes to you as well as it did for me. It's nice being able to live life without beating yourself up constantly. Wrestle those problems to the ground.

Have some feel good K-pop. Because J-pop is expected.

[Image: KceuhuX.gif][Image: eKcKrrq.png]
I am tech support

[4:16:27 PM] Cristovao di Silvio ( @"CappnRob"): theres the bar. then theres the bottom of the barrel, then theres you sachi
I didn't know about the break-up, but I am extremely grateful you are taking steps in getting the help you need. You know I'm here when you need any additional support.

Keep trucking on, Grak. We're rooting and cheering for you.
[Image: 3HQ8ifr.gif]
I'm sorry to hear that things have been rough for you, but I am glad that you're getting the help that you need.

Just to be clear, does this mean that GMs are required to profile all their active characters, or just that they must go through the profiling process if they want the character ding'd to 85? What happens to existing GM characters currently at 85?

I agree that it's probably for the best. A fully-levelled character carries with it the expectation that all things check out just fine, having undergone peer moderation, and that its concept is suitable for the server.
I believe in you Grakor. From my interactions with you, you are an awesome dude, and deserve all the happiness.

AS you know, the CotH family is always here for you and are always there if you need us.

I would like to share with you a song that always helps me/Audra McDonald who is bae.

And this, which I like to listen to when I'm overcome by episodes of prolonged sorrow.

It always reminds me that I do need to Make Someone Happy, and maybe it's ab it different contextually from the song itself, it reminds me that I need to make sure I'm happy. :)
[Image: Ml7sNnX.gif]
(11-10-2014, 07:12 PM)Delta Wrote: I'm sorry to hear that things have been rough for you, but I am glad that you're getting the help that you need.

Just to be clear, does this mean that GMs are required to profile all their active characters, or just that they must go through the profiling process if they want the character ding'd to 85? What happens to existing GM characters currently at 85?

I agree that it's probably for the best. A fully-levelled character carries with it the expectation that all things check out just fine, having undergone peer moderation, and that its concept is suitable for the server.

If we want our RP characters to ding to level 85, we need to profile them. Event characters, like dragons or such, are exempt, as said. You might see profiles for some of our already-85 characters soon, if they aren't Special.
(11-10-2014, 07:20 PM)Mathias Wrote: If we want our RP characters to ding to level 85, we need to profile them. Event characters, like dragons or such, are exempt, as said. You might see profiles for some of our already-85 characters soon, if they aren't Special.

This, yes. Right now GMs are being given a grace period to get profiles in for already 85'd characters. If they don't get a profile in for such a character in time, they'll have to either de-level or stop playing said character until they profile it.

I didn't go into specifics because it was background stuff. This will also fix some of the awkwardness in cases where, for instance, GMs step down but still have unprofiled 85s.

Edit: Also so I don't forget: thanks for all of the encouragement, guys.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
You always seemed like a great person to hang out with, at least from what I've seen in GMI. It may not fix a whole lot of stuff but maybe come hang out on GMI now and then? We are all a bunch of lovely people and the conversations are always nice. One way or another, I am sure you will make it, I wish you the best of luck! CoTH is here with you <3.
[Image: pj3isZU.gif]

[Image: 43883.png]
Sounds like I need to get on mumble so we can ex boyfriend bash.

Just kidding. Unless you want to.

Feel better though.
[Image: anigif_mobile_9893b2566588ab845c7985f71769a9f2-7.gif]
Hey, get better soon :) Getting therapy was an amazing step for me, as I'm sure it will be for you. Good things are coming, you'll see!