The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

I can't think of a clever name.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I've been RPing for waaaay longer than I'd admit normally, but I figure here is safe. Around five years, about three of which I spent being really, really dreadful at it. At some point I began to develop more believable characters, and I also kind-of-sort-of took up writing as a hobby.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
Canada, English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I was into video games as a kid, so MMOs were a natural extension. I was actually reading a Guinness Book of World Records which mentioned it, and my little kiddy interest was piqued.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
I was referred by someone, but I figure it's a notable enough server that I probably would have stumbled onto it. I was lured in by the requirements of good grammar.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Most of my characters aren't really the sorts of people who get involved in events of enormous importance, but I still generally enjoy plotlines. I prefer casual RP, however.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Human is my favourite race, because I find it a bit difficult to relate to a being who is millennia old, or who has tusks and a vaguely Jamaican accent. For obvious reasons I can more easily understand the motivations and relationships that a human might possess. My favourite class is definitely mage, because mages are sick.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Some good RP would be nice. Other than that, I don't really have any.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I noticed that a good grasp of the language is encouraged, which is awesome. The only thing I really can't handle in RP is poor grammar, with an obvious exception for people who don't speak it natively.

Did you know that we have a Mentor Program? It's entirely voluntary and you as a new player can sign up for it right now in your introduction! Are you interested in signing up to be assigned a Mentor? If so, say so here (Please enter at least "Yes" or "No"):
No thanks.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
A gleaming arc of sunlight blasts rather obnoxiously through an open window, through an equally-open kitchen, and straight past an ajar door. It alights upon a freakishly pale woman, prompting one stark, grey eye to crack open. The woman sort of pushes herself up, her scrawny frame straightening out like a smarmy cat. She glances about the place, remembering her bedroom and apartment, the place adorned with maps and books and various other intellectual implements. Her eyes close and she lets out a noise halfway between a groan and a yawn; her brows arch in brief, extreme displeasure at her rest being disturbed.

She drags herself out of bed, past the door. The rest of the apartment is no better; literature everywhere, books stacked in dangerously high piles. She makes an immediate beeline for the windows, closing the blinds and shrouding the apartment in (relative) darkness. This done, she crosses her arms over her chest, attempting to justify simply staying inside and avoiding other people for a twelve hour period. With her second great sigh of the morning, she trudges off to prepare some sort of food. Finding only a loaf of rock-like bread and something that may have once been jam, her scowl hardens like aforementioned bread. A casual gesture of slender hand manipulates the world around her, bringing a somewhat more edible loaf into being on the wooden counter in front of her. She eats it raw, scowling nastily all the while. "I suppose I have to go out today, lest I suffer an agonising death due to lack of food." She forces herself to eat a bit more, before striding off to get dressed, muttering complaints to herself all the while.

She arrives at her closet, and debates the merits of either her elaborate, mage-y outfit, or dressing like a normal person. The former wins out, and she drapes the elegant cloth over her less-elegant frame, robes of dark purple and black that conceal every inch of her aside from her face; even her neck is covered. Standing at the door ten minutes later, she argues with herself: "Maybe I can just stay in today. After all, what if a giant chasm opens up underneath me and I fall to my death? Or what if a bunch of people try to talk to me?" She spends another five trying to justify being antisocial for the rest of the day, before she unleashes yet another disappointed sigh. "Right. It's just people. Maybe if I just ignore them they won't speak to me." On that note, she departs, shutting the door behind her.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Sorry about how short the story is. Couldn't really think of anything better.
Throm'ka, potential recruit!

You have taken a tremendous step with this submission! You will receive an 'official' response in due time, but meanwhile you may wish to ensure you've reviewed the following:
  • Rules (Remember, ignorance is no excuse in the case of rule-breaking! Don't make the Peon Overseers lash you with the whip any more than necessary!)
  • Policies (There are some policies that may be rather uncommon, so if you have not yet checked them then spare a moment to do so!)

Some extra reading that may be of use:
Soon, you should receive a reply to your submission from one of the Peon Overseers informing you of whether you are a suitable candidate for Peonship. Be patient! Just review the above information and a response will come before you know it! As an aside, I think Peon YankusMcCrank has an... er... 'interesting' ring to it, eh?
Hello, Yankus!

I do have to say, enjoying casual RP is no problem around here. I went over a year on here before getting into combat RP. And I'm sure you'll get a few "Comeon, roll an orc" or something like that, but its all in good fun here. I mean, I like playing dead guys and cow people, but I haven't rolled a male character for the same reasons you've described with non-human characters. The fact that you acknowledge the impact of age on a character is a bigger boon to the server, anyway.
...Buuut, if you do feel an itch to roll a non-human at some point, we'd be more than happy here to help you feel as comfortable as you can with that character. :)

Also, mages are pretty sick, yes, and I'd like to inform you about our opportunities for creating variant characters.Basically, when profiling a character, you can codify an atypical skillset for your character ICly. As long as it is balanced with the existing class skillset and isn't blatant multiclassing, you can get pretty creative. Technopriests, rot-themed druids, and the likes, not to mention access to schools of arcane that aren't offered by the rather limited Mage talent trees. (hydromancy, abjuration, etc.) If you'd like to pass a concept by the GMs, go ahead and PM us or make a thread in the Private Discussion.

And if you haven't had a chance yet to do so, I strongly advise that you read over the Rules and Policies posted above by Overseer Krotok. With that said, I would also like to direct you to the Account Management page, where you can create your in-game account. Please use the same login information that you have used for the forums. You do not have to submit a character profile in order to begin roleplaying, but if you are waiting for the client to download or want to get a jump on earning your Gruntship, you can get started writing your profile Here.

As for getting settled into the server proper, I would suggest reading Reigen's New Player Guide. It lists useful commands, portal locations, Grunt information and more, all neatly collected in one post. To get connected to the community outside the client, continue browsing the forums and/or take a look at this thread to learn how to join our Skype group.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask them here or contact any of the GMs and Forum Helpers found Here.