The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Curious
I have a fairly simplistic question but im rather out of touch with the wow lore and my studies did not reveal the answer, knowing the lot of you problably know the wow lore like the back of your hands. Im actually rather curious so please if you have any information regarding this either point me in the right direction or simply post it here. Now onto my question!

Where did the first priests powers come from, i mean i would assume one would be born with what i call "Divinity" (Yes yes, i know there is no such thing in wow but bear with me, im tired and cant think of a better word, you all understand what i mean anyway :twisted: )

Thanks in advance!

~Sunset
We have a nice, shiny lore section. Check out the SIX PAGES of LORE under the references. Pretty crazy, but after I was done with it, it was a lot easier to understand the lore in general.

Edit; Whoops, didn't actually answer your question. I think the High Elves tought them the ways of the Light, but I -think- it was only the Arcane magics, like what Mages use.
[Image: Calvin_and_Hobbes_hug_by_Humongous_E.png]
Sourpuddle Wrote:We have a nice, shiny lore section. Check out the SIX PAGES of LORE under the references. Pretty crazy, but after I was done with it, it was a lot easier to understand the lore in general.

I did actually browse through there but i cannot say i delved deeply into it in my current state, anyway i shall check it out in the morrow then. Should anyone know the answer or atleast have an idea or assumption of why it is so, they can still post it here if they feel like it.

Thank you Sour for the link!

~Sunset
If i did understand you correcly, i belive you wonder where the first priests came from? well it is yet unknown where The Light has its source, it was said the Naaru's was the light.
But i personal dont think so.

As for the first priests i dont know actually, what i know it is never stated who was the first.
What exacly does freedom mean? if i am not free to be as twisted as i wanna be?
WoWwiki is excellent source for your basic lore about certain objects, places, people, beliefs and etc.

Perhaps try that if you have any further questions?
[Image: badge.jpg]
"WeGame told me that I am a Shaman... So, from now on.. I'm a Shaman!" -Renier(ius)
I´m guessing the faith in Loa/Loa spirits, since the Trolls seems to be the first native race on Azeroth, except Qiraj but they revere the Old Gods as I´ve understood it.
All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare!

Khanzor Wrote:If i did understand you correcly, i belive you wonder where the first priests came from? well it is yet unknown where The Light has its source, it was said the Naaru's was the light.
But i personal dont think so.

As for the first priests i dont know actually, what i know it is never stated who was the first.

Actually i was more thinking about where the said power came from in the first place, i mean as i have been told the priests powers come from strong will, dedication and faith.. However the first priest must have discovered his/her power somehow because i doubt they suddenly saw one of those burning bushes wich said "Worship me and i shall grant thee infinite powers"

Nostra Wrote:I´m guessing the faith in Loa/Loa spirits, since the Trolls seems to be the first native race on Azeroth, except Qiraj but they revere the Old Gods as I´ve understood it.

Aha, seems like its time to browse through the lore section and read a little more! ^_^
Others teach the students this, the power comes in time and with training, I think.

I've also been trying to find out stuff about this and I actually didn't came up with that much.. Except for that it's taught.
[Image: badge.jpg]
"WeGame told me that I am a Shaman... So, from now on.. I'm a Shaman!" -Renier(ius)
The Priests actually don't get their source of light from the Narru like Paladins. Priests get their power from their will and faith. For example a priest that is evil an corrupt will draw his power from the Shadow while a Priest who believes in the light and helping others will wield what looks like the light. This is the reason why there are Undead priests as they actually don't wield the light.

I used to have a huge article on Paladins and priests because my characters are usually light wielders. I will try to find it again but I'm almost 100% sure that it is what I said.
[Image: classic-76561197997915481.png]
To answer Amethyst original question, the first priests were simple humans or elves that though up the philosophy of the "light" that brings all goodness and moral values upon races. Their belief in their concept was so strong that it gave them their power. There is no mention in lore of the exact original priest. Just a few vague stories. (Also for some extra references to discussions on priestly powers check this out.)
Shivali Wrote:To answer Amethyst original question, the first priests were simple humans or elves that though up the philosophy of the "light" that brings all goodness and moral values upon races. Their belief in their concept was so strong that it gave them their power. There is no mention in lore of the exact original priest. Just a few vague stories. (Also for some extra references to discussions on priestly powers check this out.)

Thank you very much Shivali, perfect answer wich extinguishes my curiosity :) I shall be sure to check out the said link also!

~Sunset
One thing I'm rather curious about concerning the priests of the light is why human priests are not empowered by the light (but by faith) while the paladins are. The paladins were formed by the clerics and they learned the ways and powers of the light from the clerics, so how is it that their source of energy is so radically different? Velen is a priest and yet he seems to receive his power from the Naaru and thus the light itself.
"Lord, what fools these mortals be!"-Puck

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A combination im curious about. Myst 14 3,013 02-03-2011, 09:01 AM
Last Post: Bovel
  Curious on the Extent of Engineering. GaldorXII 5 1,324 10-13-2008, 05:46 AM
Last Post: ShadowStormSimon