The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Final Answer?
I have been getting mixed answers. Some say it is ok, some say it isn't and this is confusing me. Can someone PLEASE give me a final answer.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Revantusk_tribe

Is it OKAY or NOT OKAY to play a troll fro the Raventusk Tribe of The Hinterlands? I am confused due to three facts.

Fact One: The Raventusk ARE allied with the Horde

Fact Two: The Raventusk ARE Forest Trolls

Fact Three: It IS POSSIBLE for one to give a troll the Raventusk appearance when creating a new character, thus eliminating any need for a GM to give my troll a 'special appearance'

If this is a special profile situation I am completely willing to submit one and I am completely willing to stick to the character the best I can. Here is my logic behind why I think I might be able to make a Raventusk:
You have a Wildhammer dwarf, what is the difference between a Wildhamme Dwarf and a Raventusk troll? They both are allies with the same faction as normal playable dwarves and trolls. There are only slight differences between them and the normal playable dwarves and trolls. (Wildhammer's have tatoos. Raventusk's skin is a shade of green and their hair is generally red)

I don't believe I am asking for anything outrageous and if I get a no that is perfectly fine, I have plenty of other ideas for a troll character that I can use. It is just this one seems like it would be the most fun. I do believe I am ranting now so I'm just going to stop here...someone please give me a final answer...please.

Signed, Dazed and Confused
Timothy Willaims VI: I know what this is! You are all racist against bards! Its a conspiracy!
Rorbin: A bard isn't even a race!
Timothy Willaims VI: . . .racist.
We won't allow it. You've made two characters almost every week, and don't seem dedicated to any RP at all. Also, the Revantusks have a different model than normal Trolls.
Ok, appeared as the same model. And I am dedicated to RP, just recently I have had a lot on my plate. Saying I am not dedicated to RP (I try to RP atleast 5-6 hours a day) is like saying you are not dedicated to the server, both statements are completely incorrect. Also, you said I make two characters every week. I currently have 10 characters, all of which I rp as atleast four times a week. I accept the no but I don't like the fact that you said no AND insulted me in one post.
Timothy Willaims VI: I know what this is! You are all racist against bards! Its a conspiracy!
Heroforgotten Wrote:Fact Two: The Raventusk ARE Forest Trolls

Forest Troll:
[Image: Troll%20in%20Ghostlands.jpeg.jpg]

Jungle Troll:
[Image: bigjungletroll.jpg]

The jungle trolls are a lot lankier than the Forest trolls, you can´t really get a character that looks like that. The Revantusk tribe were created before Blizzard had made the the forest troll model, since then they have been given new ones though so that they reflect their actual looks in game.

New Revantusk model:
[Image: Huntsman_Markhor.jpg]
All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare!

I think what Kag is trying to get across is that, even if they began to let people play this special race, they would want someone who demonstrates that they fully understand the lore and that they can trust can play the character out well.

I mean, to be quite Frank(or Cressy in this matter), you just don't have the time or dedication(to one single character) to play it in the right way, even if you were allowed to.

/shrug
[Image: anigif_mobile_9893b2566588ab845c7985f71769a9f2-7.gif]
Ok...I am ok with not being able to make a forest troll, I have some other troll ideas in the works.

What I am not ok with is the fact people suddenly have a problem with me having more than one character....just because I have more than one does not mean I am not dedicated to rp. Most of my characters see more time than others, like Tenton, Talsimir and Bowie, but I do rp them all. I don't see how me having more than one character makes me a poor rper...
I think what Cressy means to say is that you should perhaps bring in your focus a little more and trying to develop three characters very well over the others. In general, one person can manage up to three characters well. It's something worth considering, though this topic is about trolls, not multiple characters. :P
[Image: Signature.png]
They never said that - Nearly everyone on here has more than one character, anyways. They never actually called you a poor RPer, this is more a miscommunication than anything. What they did say was that you, having ten or more characters, will have a hard time being dedicated to the RP of each one, or so I've interpreted. Making a few characters and sticking with them, expanding their stories, can be a lot more fun than running on a whim and making large amounts of characters. No-one is throwing insults around.

Or, in simpler terms - What Vrahn said. XD Back to the task at hand, then!
10,000 days in the fire is long enough,
You're going home...
Aye, I apologize. I think I'll keep Willaims, Talsimir, Tenton, Nordin, Bowie and Avian (So I can have atleast one Hordie). Sorry about taking so long to post, I head to do my breathing exercises. I get stressed over little things and this can be dangerous for my health so I have to learn to tell when I am getting stressed and counter it. I'll start deleting my inactives after a bit, I need to take my medication for my shoulder. Ah, the joys of having a weak immune system, six year old football injury and being easily stressed -.- I'm just glad I can RP as characters a lot healthier than I am.

Can someone lock/delete this thread please? My question was answer so there is no reason having this up unless you wish to file it incase someone else has the same idea *shrug*
Dood, there´s no need to worry. You can have as many characters that you want. We don´t care, it´s your game and as long as you have fun (and doesn´t ruin anyone else´s game) it´s all good!

When we look at special characters however we look at if the player usually can keep playing the same character(s) for a longer time, this is to prevent a massive amount of unused characters lying around.
All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare!

Yeah - What Alistus said. XD A game is for fun, it's all about how ya play it, yano? I didn't mean to come across as pushy, if'n I did.
10,000 days in the fire is long enough,
You're going home...
XD Damnit. I already deleted everyone but my top six

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Shibuya (The final shi of the buya) relinredrin 7 1,047 05-17-2009, 12:55 PM
Last Post: Einhander
  Simple, easy question we hope someone can answer WarPadre71 3 790 09-21-2008, 11:49 AM
Last Post: Qaza