The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Slaughtered Lamb
Odds are, this will not be a long post. The situations posted are real, names have been taken away though.

I am just going to point a few things out. That back room is BLOCKED off. This means that you cannot go back there and if you somehow managed it? You'd probably be incapped.

'Sensing' something suspicious, I can believe this one to a point. When someone walks in day after day though, it gets a bit suspicious in turn. Especially when that person begins appearing in armor. Again, odds are? Guards. (And, you would be recognized by height, facial features, skin color, and voice. Changing hair has nothing to do with recognition.)

And the business with that Blood Elf. I witnessed people coming in and asking about it. As Alliance. Alliance would not know, in fact, they ARE enemies with the Horde.

/rant over.
And on the matter of the elf no one saw them move the elf in there. They summoned her which means there is noway anyone could find out. Just drop it... I mean Alliance trying to save or help a blood elf they would be considered traitors in the eyes of the Alliance like if Hordies were to help Alliance members. Why is everyone after them I mean they are just trying to do some Roleplay. No one went there before so how can you justify your character getting a suspicious feeling without it sounding like Metagaming.
[Image: classic-76561197997915481.png]
I can justify it - easily.

Mikelus, the guy you've seen coming around now and then? He saw Cedric with two women trying to barter that Blood Elf (Krishana) off the hands of the guard when he detained her. He left after that, and after almost being marked for treason after he berated the guard for handing her over because Cedric's group started talking about being in service to one of the Lords (Mikelus doesn't much like the House after that little bit). The next day, Mikelus stumbles into the Slaughtered Lamb, tired, and takes a place at a table. He's awakened and ushered out by Cedric - the same guy he saw leading the two other women outside bartering for the Blood Elf - telling him it was closing time.

Mikelus didn't want to 'save' Krishana. He wanted her to be brought in for questioning, jailed, and/or killed. So, relentless and persistent as he is with his own beliefs and pursuits, is it really that hard to grasp that if he sees the same guy again he's going to wonder whatever happened to that Blood Elf, and whether or not she was really detained and punished for transgressing so far toward Stormwind? Mikelus can't stand the Blood Elves for betraying the Alliance. To him, they're little better than Arthas for their treachery. He is dogmatic in his resolution that the Alliance should show no mercy to those who betrayed it and who assail it to the day.

Hell, Mikelus first got suspicious of him after he overheard the conversation Cedric and his accomplices were having right behind him when Krishana was fighting with the guards - about bodies, corpses, and so forth. Mikelus - a Paladin - marked that conversation as suspicious, as well as the interference in Krishana's capture, and the amount of money they were offering to 'buy her off' from the guard (20 gold - which to Mikelus seemed like quite a bit at the time). The guard didn't take the money, but he handed her over - Mikelus even saw them start to restrain her themselves before he left.

I don't see anything wrong with Mikelus wanting to investigate the Lamb after all of that. But when Tales told me to let it go, I decided to let it slide, and send Mikelus back up toward Stromgarde.

Mikelus did not know about Krishana being in there. However, Mikelus isn't stupid enough to forget about the same event that caused him to lose whatever trust he had in the Nobles and whatever mercy he had left, and he's not stupid enough to forget about Cedric and the two women accompanying him (though he does not know their names, he knows their faces very well) after they were present there and in such a manner. Mikelus' own sense of pride, judgement and justice wouldn't let him go 'oh, look, that dark-clothed guy who was talking about doing something with that Elf's corpse after she was dead yesterday, and then tried to buy her off the guard saying he was serving some 'Lord' with a rather large lump of gold... ...I hope he has a great day, I won't wonder what he's up to.'

As for something about the back room, I've never really paid any mind to it because I know it's supposed to be hidden.

As I said, I've sent Mikelus back up to Stromgarde, and there he'll remain. The Lamb won't have to worry about him anymore; but he will not forget about Cedric, or Krishana, and the events that took place. He's not going to forget about the Lamb, either.
Alexander Mikelus
[Awaiting Approval]
"All the world is a stage, all the men and women merely players. They have their exits and their entrances, and one man in his time plays many parts." ~William Shakespeare
My Intro
Actually, we were whispering that were shown via emotes (Chaundre leans over to Cedric and Sophelia, whispering quietly to them, "...blurblur") and [Low Whisper]s in say, and your character was quite a ways a way from them. If anyone would have been able to hear, it would have been the single elf who ended up standing beside them.

But the point was that, people who have no idea who they were, their names, their faces, and the like, continually come and meta-game knowing about it. (Like you said, none of us gave names or anything else, people would have to go on recognition alone, and in a city as large as Stormwind it would been quite difficult to find them.) And not only people have come up to us asking about it, someone told us that they knew she was below in the basement. The elf knew nothing of the tavern above and only knew of the crypt below. She had even been blacked out during transportation.

/shrug
[Image: anigif_mobile_9893b2566588ab845c7985f71769a9f2-7.gif]
Well, thanks for shedding light on that. I feel that Mikelus was justified in investigating the place to the extent that he did - and to the extent that he got others involved (those others being Desmonde and Faier - after Faier was killed), so what I said was for Mikelus' involvement.

When it comes to other people coming in with no pretense to do so, I can agree. No one should know about the Elf having been in the lamb. Mikelus didn't know. No one he talked to about it knew. As far as I can tell, no one else was there when she was in the Lamb - thus, anyone who claims to know about her being there would be metagaming.
Alexander Mikelus
[Awaiting Approval]
"All the world is a stage, all the men and women merely players. They have their exits and their entrances, and one man in his time plays many parts." ~William Shakespeare
My Intro
Just to note, seeing as Krishana is still alive, she is quite capable of telling people about what happened and asking/hiring them to investigate the situation. As long as it's done discretely and on neutral territory.
"If ignorance is bliss, why aren't more people happy?" --Thomas Jefferson
To clear that bit up, the blood elf was teleported directly in, she wouldn't have known where it was and then her eyes were cut before they shipped her out to sea. Thus not even she would know and so, -no one- should be showing up claiming any knowledge of it.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DAMN THIS COMMENT IS FANCY
Mikain Wrote:To clear that bit up, the blood elf was teleported directly in, she wouldn't have known where it was and then her eyes were cut before they shipped her out to sea. Thus not even she would know and so, -no one- should be showing up claiming any knowledge of it.
Let me just clear this up a bit, as one of my characters was recently approached by Krishana regarding this issue and I want to do this right. She told my character ICly that she suspects that these people are 1) warlocks, 2) use a tavern as a front (didn't know which one), 3) briefly described the appearance of Cedric and the two women he was with. Is this all legit for IC use?
Not the tavern bit, she'd have never seen the tavern as she had no eyes when they took her out of the crypt.
Even if she told the person what happened to her? My little doggy that was running around Elwynn was looking for some answers to what happened to his friend. He knows that a man of noble blood and a two women took her into a crypt and tortured her, took her blood and sight, then dumped her in the sea. He really doesn't care about the tavern considering it would be actual suicide to enter the city. Of course no one knew of the situation even though he asked around.
[Image: 352oqgy.png]
Mikain Wrote:Not the tavern bit, she'd have never seen the tavern as she had no eyes when they took her out of the crypt.
I see. But since Krishana described Cedric to my char, it would be legit for him to look for a man fitting his description in various taverns, yes? (Sorry if I'm asking too many questions about this, I know it should be a simple issue.)
Your ORC was running around Elwynn?
Orc + Shaman=Doggy
[Image: 352oqgy.png]
All that she should know about the location is that she was in a crypt near water, and that the water links to booty bay. For all anyone can guess she might have been teleported into the Wetlands or Stranglethorn.
She should have -no clue- that it was a tavern.

She was...

A. Two-stories underground, she wouldn't be able to hear the tavern activity.
B. She wouldn't even really know if it was Stormwind, considering we summoned her somewhere else ICly.
C. And for getting her out, she was knocked unconscious put into a barrel, and sent via ship to Booty bay.
D. More than half the time she was delirious because she wasn't healed, was barely fed, and was crying. Have you cried for five plus hours straight? I think not. Oh, and she had -major blood loss-.
E. She lost her friggin' eyes, even when we took her via barrel through the tavern she wouldn't have seen it. And the tavern was closed.

Now you make the choice if she should have any clue about the Slaughtered Lamb and the exact description of them.
People have to remember that there are...THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS of people within the city. There are people that look and dress the same. Plus, the city is supposed to be huge, finding this particular group of people would take quite sometime.

And remember, throwing accusations around at people will make them want to get you. Dur hur hur hurrr.
[Image: anigif_mobile_9893b2566588ab845c7985f71769a9f2-7.gif]