The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Velethyn - Wandering Huntsman - Prologue
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

I've played World of Warcraft since it first came out, on and off. Currently, I haven't played in quite a few months, because once again, I was getting a little tired of the serious lack of role-play found on RP/RP-PvP servers.
I like to stay in character pretty much all the time--though I don't necessarily think it needs to apply to guild chat (or if guild chat has a required RP setting, then at least in an OOC channel).
Other than that, I'm a pretty helpful player. Aside from role-playing, I find that one of the more enjoyable facets of the game is aiding others in quests, retrieving items/gear, etc.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

Canada; English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

From the Warcraft franchise. I started playing the original RTS Warcraft a couple of years after it came out, and absolutely loved the stage that was set for this well thought out global-scale war. I think that with the arrival of World of Warcraft, Blizzard enabled serious players not only to take part in this epic tale, but also to help give depth and feeling to the faces which previously could only be controlled by dragging your cursor over a number of them and sending them to their deaths.

What made you seek our server over others?:

I was looking for something that would offer a rich role-playing experience; one in which both the role-play and the war aspect could be carried out in harmony, and where the GMs would actually do something about in-game flamers and trolls, hell bent on destroying the role-play experience for others.

What kinds of role-play do you enjoy?:

That which will give the most life to my character. Being a writer, I think it's critical to continuously develop your character (both in-game and on-forum). I enjoy giving my character(s) actual depth, feeling, challenges, losses and victories. All of these things make for a rich writing experience on my part; and what I feel is a unique and enjoyable gaming experience to all of those whom I play with.

Essentially, I think it crucial, for the advancement of a character's depth, to have in-game role-play in every facet of life. This includes strolls around the city, interacting with other players in taverns, on the battlefield...you name it, it's there.

In terms of the on-forum role-play, well, I'm always up for writing chapters in the life of any of my characters as they progress, for the enjoyment of all to read.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

That's a tough one. On the Horde side of things, it's a toss-up between the Tauren, Orc and Blood Elf races. I'm a huge fan of the lore surrounding all of them. Since this character, Velethyn, is going to be a Blood Elf hunter, I'll just go into detail about why I like them for now, though.

The concept of having an entire faction be spurned by their original allies and forced into a sort of exile is, written properly, always an invitation to a captivating tale. On top of that, you've got this renegade leader that (reminds me of some kind of legendary Vampire) has become so powerful that he's reached a level of brilliant insanity, and poses a threat not only to his enemies, but to the very people he once led.
All in all, the Blood Elves have a lot going for them in the way of being a fallen race.

As for having a favourite class, well, I don't think that any one class is more enjoyable than the others. Each offers its own unique gaming experience, and is enjoyable for it.

What are your expectations of this server?:

Well, I don't expect things to happen as I will them. To do so when dealing with other people is entirely unrealistic. Really, I'm just aiming to have a bit of fun, make some good character progression, do a little writing and meet a few new friends while I'm at it.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

Respect. I think that a large reason that most of the actual Blizzard role-play servers are such a tragic failure is because of the fact that first and foremost, the Blizzard GMs do not enforce a strong penalty behind players disrespecting other players, which is an extremely common occurrence.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

Excerpt from Velethyn's Tale - The Wandering Huntsman - Prologue

--Velethyn brushed some of the renegade hair that had blown in the way of his vision out of his eyes. He was a long way from home, sitting at a rest in the dirt next to Stonebull Lake. Overhead, the hot Kalimdor sun cast down its merciless gaze upon him, causing rivulets of sweat to gather on his brow. Ignoring all of this, the fairly dark-skinned elf sat perfectly still, the only testament to his not being a well done statue the fact that his black hair blew gently in the breeze. He sat, his dark eyes fixed on the reflection of the sky cast in the rippling water before him, and contemplated the turn of events he had suffered at the hands of the 'wise' folk of his home. Indeed, he may well have forsaken his father's wishes by choosing to live his life in the wilds, as opposed to following the 'family tradition' and become a member of the Holy Order; but it was his choice to make, and he didn't regret the exile he had been sent into. His mouth twisted in a sly smile as the ironic thought that he had been exiled by an exiled people dawned on him.--

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

I look forward to seeing you all in-game!
Devil cracked the earthly shell;
Foretold She was the One
Blew hope into the room and said:
You have to live before you die young.
Welcome to Conquest of the Horde, Velethyn!

Very nice introduction, I especially loved the story.

Quote:I look forward to seeing you all in-game!
As will we.

Otherwise.. I hope you enjoy CotH, and good luck!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A General Prologue. Xional 2 813 07-05-2009, 01:31 PM
Last Post: Kaelvan