The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

My solution to IC/OOC conflict
I wrote this
1) Because my phone for some reason refused to give me full internet access and I couldn't play WoW =(
2) Just to let people know how I work around IC and OOC conflicts.
The first being my main reason of course =P

Now, my main character, Aerian is a hunter 'n all, who hunts ALL types of creatures he reads about, so most of his battles are in fact IC events.
The problem with that is that the whole levelling thing is a bit of a barrier, blocking his story progression.

So, what I do, is simply have him ignore the "high level" creatures at first, with the excuse - He doesn't have enough knowledge on where to find them or how to kill them.

For example: being "level 22", he obviously can't fight a Frostbrood Matriarch (skeletal dragons in Icecrown). So to keep myself from having an IC/OOC conflict, I simply let him excuse himself from those battles because he either hasn't heard about them yet, doesn't know where to find them, or he doesn't have the necessary tools/hunting skills to be able to take them on.

Any comments or "thank you for helping me work around the IC/OOC problem" posts will be appreciated.
()()
(o.o)
(> <)
BuNnY - Ruler of all things cute and cuddly
Quote:being "level 22", he obviously can't fight a Frostbrood Matriarch (skeletal dragons in Icecrown).

He can't fight it OOCly.. and probably not ICly either. It's an undead dragon. :P IC/OOC conflicts shouldn't really happen cause level doesn't matter ICly.

( Oh, and the server's down anyways, don't blame teh phone. )
He who enters Northrend = Killed on Sight by the scourge, as of now, Northrend is closed.

And I doubt someone would fight a dragon solo. Nonetheless, I don't think this will be too much of a problem and that people will have common sense to ignore the level stuff.
Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis
A lung disease caused by the inhalation of very fine silica dust, causing inflammation in the lungs.
It is quite natural for any seasoned predator to recognise when he is outmatched, or I might assure you that he would not survive long enough to be termed 'seasoned', and so it is also appropriate to vanish back into the wild to await the time when you might strike on more favourable ground.

Regardless of level concerns, this is how you may IC extricate yourself from most any situation.
[Image: signature3.png]
...When all else fails tell them you got the...erm...Swine Flu, and had to go home.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Talent Points Bug - A Solution! Lucelia 0 596 11-21-2009, 12:35 AM
Last Post: Lucelia
  A Conflict/War RP Zone? Grakor456 40 6,531 09-23-2009, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Moose
  The solution to enginerring? Bunderdone 3 782 01-04-2008, 02:35 AM
Last Post: Bunderdone