The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Epic Weapons!
We've all done it. Requesting a bigass glowy sword, that's twice the size of our character... or the armor that gives them glowly eyes, and has rediculously large shoulders. Heh.

Buuut, here's the thing. Do you guys think that is practical for RP? I don't. I cannot think of any reason to get these crazy looking items in character. Often I see Belves running around with giant anime swords, that honestly... just don't make sense to have.

This is a topic about preference, really. I like to be realistic in my roleplay, therefore I tend to have armor and weapons that are rational for a person to have. Obviously, if you are a Deathknight, you tend to bend things a little, or if you are a prestige class.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Gerwocket uses a Paladin set, while he doesn't follow the light at all, it's more of a robotic suit anyway and he uses it for looks.
Mabra Dragonbasher- A battle hungry dwarven lady, hirable for personal protection and for larger tasks requiring violence.
Yes, but what I'm talking about is gear that makes you look overpowered. Weapons I've noticed, are the main factor in this. All the higher level stuff are gigantic and glowy, and semi-evil looking.

And things like... Paladins driving motorcycles too.

Just, non-standard equipment on a standard character, is what I mean.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

People really should lay off the TWO GIANT GLOWING CLAYMORES, which I admit have been responsible for many, many moons ago, but have specifically restrained myself to a one hander and small shield. Note: Just because it is a one handed sword doesn't make it realistically one handed, see the Skeleton's Sword for an example.

The armor is a little iffy on being OP, I personally like the thin silver plate look, and as much as Monster Hunter has ruined my idea of cool looking armor, it's best to remember, if you're going to wear super large armor, make sure you disable yourself because of it accordingly.
[Image: wMRLoCF.gif]
I'm the same way which is why I love model viewer there are so many great sets of armor sets out there. Most of the ones I wear are uncommon or rare.
[Image: classic-76561197997915481.png]
If my weapons are over-sized, but I like the look of it (and still am not able to find a smaller version) I always make sure that I write it in my FlagRSP.

Yep. /sagenod
[Image: anigif_mobile_9893b2566588ab845c7985f71769a9f2-7.gif]
I agree with Cressy, but I usually deal with glowy stuff. I'll get specific enchants just because I love the way it adds to the overall character look, but I make sure to add something in FlagRSP about it not actually glowing.

But things like the Hope Ender, Armageddon, Black Bow of the Betrayer... We probably shouldn't be using those...

Except for gold farming, of course. Because then we can earn money to buy the stuff that's better for RPing. :)
The word of the day is "Legs". Now go forth and spread the word!
[Image: 5SRU.gif]
Holla holla from the NYC. Yeah, if your a Paladin/Mage on a motorcycle, I will make fun of you. If your shoulders glow, I will make fun of you. If your sword looks like it will dislocate your arm from its socket... I will /lol at you. I'll /lol and probably not RP with you too much because I feel insignificant next 2 ur awsumnss. ( On the other hand if you can reason anything from above well, I might have some creepy strange respect for you. I dunno. )
ಠ_ಠ : Like Fo Fi Cops.
Touchseed Wrote:Holla holla from the NYC. Yeah, if your a Paladin/Mage on a motorcycle, I will make fun of you. If your shoulders glow, I will make fun of you. If your sword looks like it will dislocate your arm from its socket... I will /lol at you. I'll /lol and probably not RP with you too much because I feel insignificant next 2 ur awsumnss. ( On the other hand if you can reason anything from above well, I might have some creepy strange respect for you. I dunno. )

I've had my character's el oh el at people who make it apparent that the glow/weird look/epic look is supposed to be IC. Widget once asked if a guy cooked snausages on his pauldrons because they were freakin' spikey.
[Image: anigif_mobile_9893b2566588ab845c7985f71769a9f2-7.gif]
Don't hate because you are jealous of my epeen.
I'll just say a phrase that's been used time and time again, and cannot be more true in this case. (Atleast in my opinion)

Simpler is better.
"I am more afraid of one hundred sheep led by a lion than one hundred lions led by a sheep."

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  But I dont know how to Rp as a <insert epic race here> therew 17 3,922 09-22-2013, 01:01 PM
Last Post: Piken
  EPIC DUEL OF AWESOMESAUCE Edgar 1 694 01-27-2011, 08:18 AM
Last Post: Kirabo
  Ranged weapons on back Miah 4 965 06-23-2010, 11:32 AM
Last Post: Kaghuros
  Lore weapons - IC / OOC Aruen 44 5,870 06-09-2010, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Piroska
  Why I am epic (Guarantee LoL) Heroforgotten 1 683 04-24-2009, 02:20 AM
Last Post: Errata