The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Is there a better way to RP, or is this it?
What I'm used to, and I've seen here, forgive me if I'm wrong, is something like this.

You join, you spend allot of time climbing the ladder and finding a group. You have to spend allot of time even working your way into an RP. And rp is mostly lonely. (IE. You can spend more time outside and RP than in RP some days.)

While talking about the correct way to play a night elf a player said this, "I think I play the night elf the right way... It's very lonely (she does allot of things by herself)... night elves don't like the other races... I mostly stay in Darnassus, if all the other elves did like they were sup-post do we'd have the sweetest rp here."

RP seems to be allot of trying to get into RP and then allot of waiting for someone to respond in RP. Allot of climbing the ladder, allot of criticisim (some deserved, others constantly critical).
Is this really what RP is? I don't have gobs of hours to pump into RP maybe... one or two, but I want a full experience. So how can I spend most of my time RPing and not walking around Stromgarde waiting for contact like so many others seem to be doing. I want to RP but I want it to be a full experience with the only 60 or 120 minutes I have. Is there anything I can do?
[Image: e.jpg]
Three words: Be more abrasive. You see others wandering, you engage them. You hear someone's call for RP want, you answer! If you say "My character isn't like that", then it's your fault for your lack of RP. Don't just meander away from people like you, just start with them!
Crunchym8: Work tomorrow at a greenhouse, followed by a D&D session. Aw fel yeaahhh I can't be more hardcore.
Crunchym8: WE'RE PLANTING THE MUMS AND THE DAYLILLIES TOMORROW AND IF WE HAVE TIME SNAPDRAGONS
Crunchym8: I AM SO MANLY.
Yes, but it's also irritating when finding RP requires you to do something that isn't in your character's nature, like the night elf example above. I get pretty peeved when it looks like I have to go to Stormwind or Booty Bay to find anyone.

That said, it's a good idea to have a bunch of characters of different races and factions and personalities, even if they aren't all entirely fleshed out. That way if you see RP happening somewhere that your main character wouldn't go, you can hop on an alt and go find it. Then, who knows, maybe you can cajole some people into a more interesting RP while you're spending time RPing with someone else. Then, when that RP ends, boom! You have people aware of your main character and willing to interact with him/her.

Make sense? This truly is a frustrating thing.
Bury me on my feet. I have lived my entire life on my knees.
Simply put, you can't force people to RP with you, especially if you are in a place where there is not RP.

Yes, characters can be like that, but think of it this way.

Do you -have- to sit on that character, then say you aren't finding RP? Nope. You could make another one, or like people have said, be more abrasive.

This is gonna sound mean, but it's honestly noone's fault but the players when they can't find RP.

-It's everywhere-, this is an RP only server.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

As stated above, it's a good idea to have many characters of various races. Now, I have at least one from every race, and I can find RP any day of the week, and any hour of the day without breaking the rules set up for my race/class by Lore.

If there's a bunch of people in Ashenvale, I can always think of a good reason for Verrial to be there.

If Stormwind RP is the thing going on, I have Kylee.

If there's a fight Horde-side, Brokta is there.

Who knows? You may even decide you like playing one of your alts better than your main. It's happened to me.

(But, then again, you need to be careful about moving your characters from Northrend to Booty Bay and such with unrealistic speed. Shorter distances with easier travel paths are probably the best to keep your characters around.)
The word of the day is "Legs". Now go forth and spread the word!
[Image: 5SRU.gif]
I mostly just think that most of the RP to be found on this server, at the moment, is completely in Arathi. That's fine for most, but not everyone is one to enjoy the type of RP in that area at the moment. I may be one of the people not very interested in the event, but most players are, which is fine.

Spreading Out
Even with that said, there's -still- RP in a lot of more places, you just need to spread your characters out more so, to increase possibilities and chances that your specific character won't feel akward when going to that specific place to RP. It's better if you have characters from all corners of Azeroth so you don't need an explanation for very large travels across seas and continents and whatnot. :)

Sociable Characters
Of course, it's another "plus" to have a character that is social with others. Many take this as being of the Lawful-Good alignment, but it doesn't actually mean that. A good RPer can make Evil characters as well, while giving them good charisma, enough to find RP and bring the said players crawling back. LOL
I'd like to note that the Night Elves, whom are druids, would get along with Taurens, whom are druids. Due to the factor that bridges past factions and tensions, druidism.
Wow. Sometimes I forget the past.