The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Dissidence
It has come to my attention that something 'detrimental' may be occurring tonight. All I have to say to this is... hold off, for the moment.

I'm starting to take the bull by the horns, so-to-speak, and will be working on getting things changed. The Grunt system, getting a few more GMs to help in re-structuring and throwing in their perspective on how the GM team handles things, etcetera.

For those that may have been not really being on the server much lately due to discontent, please hold off on any departure that might be planned. The best thing that can happen is for me to actually hear your feedback, instead of just brooding over it and eventually leaving and me not hearing a word of it. Please feel free to send me a PM or IM (check my profile for my AIM/MSN s/n's) with any feedback that you feel would be constructive to the server.
-------- Regarding the private server I was working on --------

As many of you no doubt know by now, I have actually been working with some friends of mine on another WoW private RP server. This project is now on hold.

If you are on the temporary development forum we were using, there will probably be more information on there at some point but for now the server development project is on hold and will not be launching anytime soon. Splitting up the RP community into smaller servers isn't really a good direction for us to be taking things when we're already a minority.

Sorry to let anyone down but alternatives to better RP for everyone are in hand. Watch this space!

Thanks guys!

-Val
[Image: Valen-Sig.gif]

...Clearly I've missed something.

...I'll just crawl back in my hole.
˜★Sketch Blog
Any help you need, Kret. Grunts are here....whatever this mess is.
[Image: 2r3hym9.png]
Main Characters:
Riggs Ravenhook - Swarmy Old Goblin Thief and Corporate Nuisance
Gorudo Goldforge - Goldforge Clan Remnant and Ranger
Turic Carsten - Stormwind Regular

http://diethe.deviantart.com/
Indeed, Kretol. Although you oversee the server as the 'Administrative Overlord', the Grunts, Heroes, and even certain Peons will aid with whatever is happening. Although I'm not quite sure exactly -what- has happened. :oops:
[Image: Zf6X.gif][Image: 3vBq.gif][Image: q3iX.gif][Image: 5rVk.gif]
Mah babehs. I'm watchin' you, government.
Diethe Wrote:Any help you need, Kret. Grunts are here....whatever this mess is.

Not that I don't believe you're sincere, but let's try to avoid lumping all of the grunts into one group for the moment. Almost sounds like you're a committee or something.

Edit: No, no, support group. That's what I was going for.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
Quite. I don't believe I speak for every grunt. What I mean to say by saying that is that Kret was talking about fixing stuff alone, and with GMs. It makes us feel helpless doing nothing for you guys ain our current state as grunts and peons.
[Image: 2r3hym9.png]
Main Characters:
Riggs Ravenhook - Swarmy Old Goblin Thief and Corporate Nuisance
Gorudo Goldforge - Goldforge Clan Remnant and Ranger
Turic Carsten - Stormwind Regular

http://diethe.deviantart.com/
timmyd123 Wrote:

As many of you no doubt know by now, I have actually been working with some friends of mine on another WoW private RP server. This project is now on hold.

If you are on the temporary development forum we were using, there will probably be more information on there at some point but for now the server development project is on hold and will not be launching anytime soon. Splitting up the RP community into smaller servers isn't really a good direction for us to be taking things when we're already a minority.

Sorry to let anyone down but alternatives to better RP for everyone are in hand. Watch this space!

Thanks guys!

-Val

While it's nice that you hold the sentiment; the last thing we need is to see a derisive splintering of the community which we've taken so much time to slowly form. However, the sheer fact that hype has been built up around this server; it sounds like it's a planned attempt to flock a lot of good players here, onto a new server that is under new management. That strikes me as a passive-aggressive, nonverbal mention that you aren't entirely contented with the ones that do assist in running this server. I have nothing against other servers; if anything, it gives the server-founder a sense of realization just how much work, time and effort it takes to maintain a server of such proportion; and perhaps gives a bit of insight to what the current GM's here go through on a daily basis. This is especially true to our Content GM's that have been toiling, planning for months to build evolving storylines, just to see dissidence instilled solely because it's viewed from a single subjective viewpoint, as opposed to viewing the entire situation as a whole.

However, splitting people off from this server, and convincing them to flock elsewhere with you is an incredibly low move, if that is indeed the case.
I can't stress this enough - if there is any problem with the GM team, the way the server is run, the way it is narrated...please, please, PLEASE tell us. We won't know how to rectify the situation if we don't know if there is a problem to begin with, feedback and communication is integral to maintaining a cohesive community.
[corners=forumbg forumbg-table][table=tablebg table1][thead][tr=0][th=4]Character Information[/th][/tr][/thead][tbody][tr=bg1][td=1,]Name[/td][td=1,]Affiliation[/td][td=1,]Status[/td][td=1,]Title[/td][/tr]
[tr=bg2][td=1,]Ivy Killinger[/td][td=1,]The Lodestone Company[/td][td=1,]Inebriated[/td][td=1,]Drunken Fightin' Wench[/td][/tr]
[tr=bg2][td=1,]Uulari[/td][td=1,][/td][td=1,]Alive[/td][td=1,]Seer[/td][/tr]
[tr=bg2][td=1,]Vyrsallia Scythefall[/td][td=1,][/td][td=1,]Alive[/td][td=1,]Guttersnipe and Ne'erdowell[/td][/tr][/tbody][/table][/corners]
[Image: badge.jpg]
I'm a Shaman? Really? Huh.
Diethe Wrote:Quite. I don't believe I speak for every grunt. What I mean to say by saying that is that Kret was talking about fixing stuff alone, and with GMs. It makes us feel helpless doing nothing for you guys ain our current state as grunts and peons.

I understand. And as I said, I don't believe you're insincere. I just didn't like the way that was worded, as someone could read a bit of elitism in there if they chose to. The grunts are a group of people that just happen to be approved, not a unified force.

That's all. I, and I'm sure Kret, appreciate the thought.
Heh, I'll join in the side that does not know a thing about the current situation. What I can get at though, is that some players don't enjoy the lore and stories made by the GMs and Admins of this server.

Important thing to remember is: The reason of this server isn't for the personal RP interests and fun of the GMs. The only reason we have GMs here is to keep order, and promote the fun of RP, for everyone. The storylines they create aren't aimed for their own interests, but to give players new things to do, and RP.

Overall, I'm sure criticism is always welcomed. There are good and bad ways to criticise people and ideas though.
Ohgod I'm so confused right now. Is this about the individual who ragequit over Chat earlier today...?
[Image: 2mhzmdy.gif]
rentreality Wrote:Ohgod I'm so confused right now. Is this about the individual who ragequit over Chat earlier today...?

This is not in response to any one individual event.
Grakor456 Wrote:This is not in response to any one individual event.
Okay. That actually serves to clear it up a lot for me, to be honest.

Allow me to say that if I had problems, I would voice them. However, I really don't. And also, allow me to echo the previous sentiment that's been expressed: if I can help, say the word.
[Image: 2mhzmdy.gif]
MoonlightBlossom Wrote:
timmyd123 Wrote:

Thanks guys!

-Val

While it's nice that you hold the sentiment; the last thing we need is to see a derisive splintering of the community which we've taken so much time to slowly form. However, the sheer fact that hype has been built up around this server; it sounds like it's a planned attempt to flock a lot of good players here, onto a new server that is under new management. That strikes me as a passive-aggressive, nonverbal mention that you aren't entirely contented with the ones that do assist in running this server. I have nothing against other servers; if anything, it gives the server-founder a sense of realization just how much work, time and effort it takes to maintain a server of such proportion; and perhaps gives a bit of insight to what the current GM's here go through on a daily basis. This is especially true to our Content GM's that have been toiling, planning for months to build evolving storylines, just to see dissidence instilled solely because it's viewed from a single subjective viewpoint, as opposed to viewing the entire situation as a whole.

However, splitting people off from this server, and convincing them to flock elsewhere with you is an incredibly low move, if that is indeed the case.
I can't stress this enough - if there is any problem with the GM team, the way the server is run, the way it is narrated...please, please, PLEASE tell us. We won't know how to rectify the situation if we don't know if there is a problem to begin with, feedback and communication is integral to maintaining a cohesive community.

This wasn't some low move aimed at sabotage. The creator of the server actually asked me to get involved and seeing as he's an old and dear friend of mine, I said yes. For awhile I planned to keep it from CoTH'ers but that didn't really work out. I felt dishonest -not- saying anything and so I told a few people and the hype really built itself from there.

Anyway. The project is on hold now after the server creator and I had a chat with Kretol.
[Image: Valen-Sig.gif]
Although I'm just as confused and clueless as other people, I'll do my best to pitch in on whatever I can. But personally I don't have any problems with the lore or anything else.

I also find it amazing how some players expect the GMs to magically read their minds or something. LOL
"I am more afraid of one hundred sheep led by a lion than one hundred lions led by a sheep."