The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Introduction: DocHoliday
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

Hrmm, Well first off my name (online at least) is DocHoliday. I've used it since Half-Life's Team Fortress first released. I've been playing NWN (Never Winter Nights) roleplay servers for about nine years... I think (I lost track somewhere along the way), I've played Ever Quest 1 & 2 on and off, and occationaly enjoy City of Heroes/Villains. I'm the sort of player who prefers support type character classes and character personalities that match the intent of the Class used, however with a slight twist on the common.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

United States of America, American English

How did you get into Warcraft?:

A friend from NWN asked me to play with him here and I thought I'd give it a try. I've played WoW before, I'm no raving fan though, but I always appreciate a good game.

What made you seek our server over others?:

Well the answer is listed above, I was invited to investigate and explore your server by a friend who currently plays here.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

Hrmm... well.. I'm not sure how to describe it really. I don't like Combative Rp, I usualy avoid it when possible, most of my characters tend to be reserved in that reguard and slow to anger. I'd say I enjoy the slightly more conemplative style, with a nice splash of exploratory and adventure for spice. Character Development I suposse?

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

Forsaken: Aside from being the first race I played on the demo, I found the idea of waking up in undeath after possibly years of forced slavery to a malicious will and the flooding of memories from a now lost life intresting. The internal interaction of experiences, memory, discovery, makes for a fantastic canvas on which to play out various thematic questions of morality, choice, and freedom.

What are your expectations of this server?:

I expect to be impressed with the level of Rp in comparison to my experience on the retail servers. I'm certaintly pleased with the postings so far. I'm eager to see what lays ahead.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

I really.. really liked the posting against silly names and what not. I've seen way too many "Bulgy McBigNuts"

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

Oh dear, an impromptu story?

"How far has it spread?" a young acolyte of the Light spoke with a weary quietness from among the many sick and dying in the now crowded chapel corrador. Warren Geigne waited for the answer he dreaded, one he had already guessed from the drawn face of the man in the doorway, the news would not be good. "Whole town" the answer was short, born from a growing lethargy in the face of certain and inescapable doom. Warren nodded slightly. Dark brown eyes dulled from exhaustion and illness tried to focus on the figure in the doorway but he was too spent, he had been running on will alone for the past day. Warren was vaugely aware of the feeling of rushing air as he toppled forward and fell into a cold chasm of darkness.

Warren pitched head long into a bizzar world, everything twisted together like candy sprinkles melting in a swirl of not-quite-cold-enough ice cream quickly becoming a blurred nightmare that streatched off into timelessness. Warren floated through a minscape that was tortured and warped by a hideous will, powerless to do anything about it, unable to even think.

Somewhere along the way the nightmare changed, scattered thoughts began to collect and move. Warren's memories were a jigsaw puzzle to him, scattered and jumbled, with extra pieces and a box cover that didn't match. The blurry world of his mind slowly gave away to the sensation of the world, like morning fog fading in the rays of sunlight, only where was the Light?

"Well? bag of bones... I haven't got all day, you going to up and move or do I need to toss you into the rubbish?" The voice was terse and fetid. Warren felt the distantly familiar prodding of his intuition, he wasn't going to like what he was waking up to. "Come on now! I haven't got all day" The voice was clearer now and Warren could almost envision the hiddeous face it must belong to. Warren stirred and opened his eyes to a world twisted by undeath. What concerned him the most, he realized, was that he was not surprised by the hideous visage that stood, no stooped, before him.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

I understand there is a resentment for "nice" forsaken, and I agree with it. My question is one of clarfication. There are a few examples of good aligned forsaken so I understand it is not entirely forbidden or is that the case? I would like to entertain the concept of a character starting fairly neutral and progressing one way or the other.
First off, Welcome to CoTH(our home)

Secondly, Yes. There are good laigned forsaken, it isn't totally forbidden, if you have a good character IDea for a Forsaken that would have a reason to be good, you can roll with it, if you dfeel tht isn't enough you can even pm a GM, or an Admin, (preferably a GM) your idea and politely ask their idea they will most likely tell you if it is alright, or simply post a character profile and allow the playerbase to tell you. And remember, the protagonist is only so from their own point of view, so just because they are forsaken, they can see their cause as being good.

Fun inside, I promise.