The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Introduction - LadyBladesong
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Generally I'm a casual player when it comes to technical aspects and am really more interested in RPing a good character than having a practical character build, although in retail-WoW I tend to submit a bit to the practical needs of the game even though I'm on an RP server with an RP guild. I enjoy playing often, but am attempting to balance playing with schoolwork, so at times my playing schedule is erratic.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I am from the United States, and English is my primary and only modern language at the moment (I'm a Latin scholar).

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I originally played Warcraft I when I was younger, enjoyed it, and as the MMO craze began to expand past the Evercrack phase I heard about World of Warcraft and decided to give it a try. I started as a very casual player, attempted to become a raider, found that too stressful, realized there was viable RP to be had (sometimes), and became an RPer who tends to make people who know me on RPPvP servers smile in that "Oh, wow, she still thinks people can do that in retail-WoW" sort of way.

What made you seek our server over others?:
Conquest of the Horde seems to be the premiere RP server right now, and one that, from what I read, won't hinder me from getting back into retail-WoW should I ever choose to tackle that beast again.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy roleplay that is as spontaneous as possible. Tavern roleplay for me is a great way to start, but I always like leaving the tavern and going out into the wide world ICly. You can't call yourself an adventurer if all you do is sit in front of a fireplace.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favorite race would have to be the Tauren because out of all the races they are the least culpable for Azeroth's problems. They seem quite noble. However I feel that I can never RP them quite right. My favorite class is the warrior possibly because I've played it the longest, although I have a soft spot for paladins as that was what my first WoW character was.

What are your expectations of this server?:
My expectations include enjoyment and hopefully a game-inclusive RP, as opposed to a game that sometimes remembers to RP.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The section about Humility really strikes me as something many RPers I've met in retail have issues with. I'm looking forward to an RP experience such a guideline will foster.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
This is an older RP background, but one that I'm hoping to adopt for use here.

It was something about the way the elves of Auberdine looked at her. It was almost as if they knew all her crimes. It wouldn't have been that much of a stretch...home was a boat ride away. But no sentinel came to drag her to judgment. All the elves simply watched her with eyes that seemed to see every flaw. That feeling made Jaqueline decide that a boat away was not enough. Without knowing what would truly be far enough, she began down the road. She stayed on the road often enough to be sure of the direction, but just off it enough to avoid truly meeting any other travelers. She walked each day until nightfall. As the skies darkened she would find a tree and climb up it so as to avoid at least some nocturnal predators. Thus the days rolled on with little variation until Jaqueline ran out of food.

'What the 'ell was I thinking, leaving that bow back at Naela's...' She drew her swords as quietly as she could, stalking up to the bear slowly until she lost her patience and charged it.

Slashing savagely with her right blade, she caught the animal's first swipe with her left blade. As the bear reared up to attack her again she turned her blade in her hand and lunged, her full weight and strength behind it, impaling the bear on the straight blade. Thankfully she seemed to hit something vital; when she released her mother's sword and leapt away the bear only fell further on it, and while it struggled for a bit, it died soon after. Jaqueline retrieved her mother's sword from the bear carcass and wiped it clean. After skinning and butchering the bear she began to gather wood to smoke the meat.

Staring at her campfire that night, her mind wandered.

Signing up for the Menethil Guard.
Losing patience with using a shield.

That infuriating man at the inn.
The brawl. The first of many.

Being kicked out of the guard.
Infuriating turning into attractive.

Her father's sword.
Her mother's sword.

Jaqueline continued the next day, reaching Astranaar with little difficulty. But the elves were of an even worse sort to the warrior's eyes. Ashenvale was a territory of war, and while Jaqueline wished nothing more to throw herself into the mindlessness of mass battle, the presence of Draenic Vindicators in the area made her feel uneasy. Consulting a map, Jaqueline realized that while the region of the Barrens was controlled by the Horde, the town of Ratchet was a Steamwheedle settlement. Goblins, she knew, didn't care who you were as long as you helped them earn money.

Sneaking around the Mor'shan Rampart, she made her way into the Barrens. She saw settlements of quillboar, but could tell by their patrol patterns that they would attack anyone, hostile or not. She weaved around Horde patrols, and wildlife, finally spotting the bruisers at the border of Ratchet.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I'm hoping for open-minded rp, and hopefully the ability to avoid having to join an army just to find a good place for my character. Thank you for your consideration.
Interesting read, welcome to the server!
[Image: wMRLoCF.gif]
Thanks for the welcome! :D I'm Jacqueline in-game (What? I don't have to cripple spelling to make my character name? Yay!)