The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Steamworks & Magick
Is it just me, or does it seem as if the more spiritual side of Azeroth is starting to pale slightly in comparison to recent technological feats?

To further elaborate; with the opening of Ulduar and several mechanical/technological additions such as the steam ships of the alliance, the grand zeppelins and mechanical swords, it feels as if Azeroth is rapidly becoming much more technocratic than previously. There has always been steam-fantasy elements in WoW, but tendencies seems to be much more concrete now than before.

Are we looking at a possible renaissance within Azeroth?
Given the initial divide of magic vs. technology even in the first iteration of Warcraft; magic has always seemed to be the tried-and-true staple of monolithic fantasy, with technology being this unorthodox, new-fandangled half-cousin macrocosm of a genius, albeit horrendously unstable mind - new approaches and ideas in both regards aren't quite as taboo or unworldly as they may have once been. Well-justified war is an excellent motivator to expedite research, development, and of course utility.

To call it a possible renaissance would still be a way off; although the idealogy of it isn't quite so foreign as it may have once been; especially for those that long for peace. At this point in time, I'd still consider it an existence of semi-feudalism.

With airships.
And cannons.
...and space goats.

From space.
[corners=forumbg forumbg-table][table=tablebg table1][thead][tr=0][th=4]Character Information[/th][/tr][/thead][tbody][tr=bg1][td=1,]Name[/td][td=1,]Affiliation[/td][td=1,]Status[/td][td=1,]Title[/td][/tr]
[tr=bg2][td=1,]Ivy Killinger[/td][td=1,]The Lodestone Company[/td][td=1,]Inebriated[/td][td=1,]Drunken Fightin' Wench[/td][/tr]
[tr=bg2][td=1,]Uulari[/td][td=1,][/td][td=1,]Alive[/td][td=1,]Seer[/td][/tr]
[tr=bg2][td=1,]Vyrsallia Scythefall[/td][td=1,][/td][td=1,]Alive[/td][td=1,]Guttersnipe and Ne'erdowell[/td][/tr][/tbody][/table][/corners]
[Image: badge.jpg]
I'm a Shaman? Really? Huh.
Technology stuff makes me all giddy because it usually means Gnomes are getting -some type- of attention from Blizzard. And that makes me happy panda. Gnomes have very advanced technology, and then there's the Drae's, but they still use magic. They just has teleporty ship. <Nod>

I think it's pretty even ICly. Alot of people just like to RP that person who's like "omigawd tech stuffz". <Shrug> And Blizzard also does what people think would be cool and flashy. And you gotta admit.. The airships and stuff look awesome. ^.^
Frogspawned: RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!
Frogspawned: Frogspawned flips a table.
Frogspawned: (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

FROG, STOP FLIPPING TABLES. YOU'RE MAKING A MESS.

Frogspawned: ┬─┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
I still dont know how we went from muskets to [item]44504[/item]

(I'll post a finely articulated post later, geesh)
ಠ_ಠ : Like Fo Fi Cops.
Hmm, I haven't thought much about this topic.
I wonder what the place of technomages would be in a big scale war like this?
˜★Sketch Blog
TwilightDisciple Wrote:I wonder what the place of technomages would be in a big scale war like this?

Hrnnng I think they'd be very much interested in showing that technology and magic, when combined, can explain everything Blizzard cannot. Like Nesingwary 4k's. And if not, they'd quickly become the chief consult for any type of conflict. The mages want the guts spilled on their techno enemies, and the greasy mechanics want to know the best way to get all those frilly mages to work in their silk mines on Kezan.
ಠ_ಠ : Like Fo Fi Cops.
Well, I need to add that technomages are looked down upon by both magicians and techies. It'd take some trauma drama for them to reach cheif consultant lvl.
˜★Sketch Blog