The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Feedback for a derp?
I haven't really seen you play a character who was racist, or hateful, or scorned the world. If they do have these traits, they're likely 'friendly once you get to know them'.

Try making a character who is these things, but doesn't have a soft interior past the hard shell. That part of him/her faded long ago. Without making said character a villain.
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
(12-31-2012, 03:10 PM)Xigo Wrote: I haven't really seen you play a character who was racist, or hateful, or scorned the world. If they do have these traits, they're likely 'friendly once you get to know them'.

Try making a character who is these things, but doesn't have a soft interior past the hard shell. That part of him/her faded long ago. Without making said character a villain.

Working on it! Just deciding on who of my unprofiled characters I can do this with. I have several hardcore racist characters, but neither of them are absolutely despicable (if they're not villains), at least to other members of their race. I also used to have Diwaata, a hardcore racist to anyone who is of the Horde, but you know how dislikable she is as a character.

That said, I am very eager to try a truly racist and hateful individual with no soft shell to speak of. Probably the closest I have of my profiled characters is Urameil, but I haven't RPed him as of late.

Thank you very dearly for the suggestion!
[Image: 3HQ8ifr.gif]
Quit paying for internet with quarters!

Don't worry about your unstable connection. All of us have our own issues. Isn't it great that we can RP all over the world with each other?

Quit having opposite timezones than me!

I really enjoyed the events, and was so glad you had the last one at a few different times so people could join when it was best for them. Especially with the holidays and everything.
The true test of his choice lies forward.
— The story of the Silithian.

See life through shades of silver.
Hiya Immy. Although I was only able to attend one of your Gnomeregan events, and only then for a short while, I'd like to offer a few suggestions to make the process a bit smoother and more engaging for those involved. I know that you've already taken some of this into consideration, so if you made amendments and it worked out better than before, disregard anything I'm reiterating.

Something you realised yourself was that there were simply too many people present for what you had planned. I think that first event would have gone down without a hitch if there were five to ten participants, but the sheer numbers appeared to overwhelm you. To avoid this in the future , you could gauge interest in the event via a poll, and gear the course of the event bearing in mind the predicted numbers. If there are more participants, speed and excitement are high priorities. You don't want folks to get bored waiting for their 'turn', so rounds should be quick and emotes brief and to the point. With fewer participants, you can afford to be more detailed and tailor the event to those involved rather than trying to do the reverse. Or, alternatively, put a soft cap on the events, which was how you chose to handle it after the first, I believe.

Also... No need to sacrifice cool effects! If those details are planned in advance, they can really make an event stick out. Being able to pilot a Mechano-tank was awesome. It was a shame that we weren't able to do more with the vehicles, or given some specific task to accomplish. I didn't realise that it was a last minute, impromptu decision, so I was surprised when we were just offered heightened defence and asked to roll as a separate group.

It is usually a good idea to outline all of the rules at the start of the event, repeating them - if necessary - for latecomers. That way, everyone is up to speed and there is no need to put a temporary hold on the roleplay whilst a technicality is discussed. I noticed that things were getting a bit fraught with people acting out of turn and being unclear on what to do/when to do it, so it would definitely be good to place all those fiddly details on the table before the event gets underway.

I don't know if this changed later on in the first event (or the subsequent ones), but it seemed that the participants' emotes were being disregarded, as though the only important parts of the event were the numerical thresholds attached to each action, and our individual ability to meet them. Even then, it wasn't really clear if we were making progress or not.

I know that there were a lot of people, and keeping up with the flood can be a real headache when you're trying to do ten other things as well as paying attention to what's going on in raid, whisper, and all the other channels, so I can understand why enemy responses took a back seat. People like to know they made an impact and that they're not just paying lip service by emoting. When you're running an event, it's good to have at least one other person helping you, if possible. While you handle emoting the actions of the enemy and moving the NPC/spawning object, they can deal with all queries and questions whilst managing rolls and keeping track of damage. Events are so much easier when you have a helper behind the scenes!

Anyway, that's all I can think of. Everything looked great, and you deserve some serious kudos for breathing life in the gnome population. I'd love to be involved in future Immy events, or heck, even just more Immy roleplay! How can it be that you have so many characters, and I've only encountered one or two of them in roleplay?

Keep up the hard work!
Hey, Delta! Indeed, I saw what you just laid out, which is why I organized the final event to three events in one day as opposed to just two. That said, the issues you laid out were indeed very difficult to manage, and thus in the future, if I am to do lore-based events, I'd limit the max number of players. The reiteration of rules will always be reinforced in my events, event it's just repeating "Don't be a big damn hero" six or seven times to make sure people get the idea. And assistant-DMs are always absolutely welcome.
I loved your gnome events... they were awesome good job and we should RP more so I can actualy critisize you >.<
In darkness we are born, in shadows we are raised

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK4h9xR7Dec
But we're little damn heroes..
The true test of his choice lies forward.
— The story of the Silithian.

See life through shades of silver.
Loved your gnome events! In fact they were awesome and (slightly) challenging! The only thing I can say is - make a dwarf.

No, but seriously, we're little damn heroes and you were a damn good DMer :)
Allons-y!

[Image: awesome-mario-gif.gif]

Have you hugged a dwarf today?
I've made 4 dwarves already! Though truthfully, RPing any of them proved to be difficult until I saw the Hobbit.

I made a dwarf more suitable, a priest blacksmith who wishes to create and bless weapons for (Alliance) heroes of Azeroth. I still have to dress him up, though.
Imagen! Your Gnomergan (If I'm spelling that correctly) was a perfectly done strings of events, despite the frequent disconnections in the first one and the overpopulation I personally think you did cool under pressure and in the end established it as a decent and wonderful experience to be had. I also liked the way you killed off my character Sonn at my request, it was an interesting developement.

I'm not one for doing long posts, just say if you want more.
Hand me some feedback!
Spoiler:
Quote:I don’t want you to protest,
I don’t want you to riot,
I don’t want you to write to your congressman because I wouldn’t know what to tell you to write.
I don’t know what to do about the depression and
the inflation and the crime in the Streets.
All I know is that first, you’ve got to get mad.

You’ve got to say:
I’m a Human being God damn it !
*MY LIFE HAS VALUE!*
I only actually attended the very last Gnomeregan event, so I'll give my feedback on that.

While it was fun and funny at times, and I would rate it as a good event, I'll admit that I was also a little.. disheartened? Of course, anyone who knows my history knows that I co-lead the last Gnomeregan storyline and there was months of RP that went into it so it was a very long process, where as this was a quick series of events to prepare for Cata. Which I understand that not too much could be done with it, considering Cata is now so close, but I do wish we could have built on it more. There is so much room for plot twists and development that it's upsetting(for me) to see it go to waste and I hope we can someday get back to it.

I'm a firm believer of Gnomes being taken extremely seriously, even though Blizzard's portrayal of them is the opposite of that. That being said, I was a little saddened that your portrayal of Sicco Thermaplugg was one of the comedic bumbling villain. I've always seen Thermaplugg as one to be feared by the Gnomish population. He nearly single-handedly massacred the Gnomish race for his own personal ambition and greed. I've always felt the name should instill fear and anger in the hearts of many Gnomes. He's an insane, evil little man who cared more for his own position of power than the thousands of lives of his people. Of course, like I said.. I've always taken Gnomes very seriously, so I may be a bit.. odd with my perspective.

As for the mood of the event, I would have loved if it had a.. darker tone to it. A more dangerous and 'real' feel. The feeling of harm, the reminder to those attending that they were inside a place where thousands of lives were lost to intense radiation and savage troggs. Who knows how much blood was spilled on the metal grounds of Gnomeregan? I think it should have been portrayed as such, as it would fit the mood of the Gnomes' desperation to reclaim their home. I also visualize it as a war of sorts, and war is never happy or cheery.

Much of this was my own opinion, but I guess food for thought? I also may have a bit of a bias/odd perspective. But none of this was meant to offend, only to give my thoughts on your event.

To end on a good note: Happy late birthday and happy new year! :)
Frogspawned: RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!
Frogspawned: Frogspawned flips a table.
Frogspawned: (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

FROG, STOP FLIPPING TABLES. YOU'RE MAKING A MESS.

Frogspawned: ┬─┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
This was originally going to go in your 'And Now for something Completely Different' thread. But it turned into this.

[sarcasm]Foolish Immy.

All Draenei are super-accepting-non-racist people. Even the ones who are racist are anti-racist. Diwaata will never be loved.[/sarcasm]

Seriously though. You've fostered so much non-racist roleplay with most of your characters, portraying non-racism as a good trait and racism as a bad trait constantly, that the people you roleplay with play anti-racist, progressive characters. You keep Diwaata in a group of characters that are anti-racist and all peace/love. She won't be accepted in that sort of crowd.

Also, to comment on something else. All your characters are written for other characters, not just Diwaata. They all feel that way to me. They're mostly attached to your own characters, sometimes to Cappn's, and once in a blue moon to another player's. All your characters seem to know eachother. And they all bounce ideas off one another. Which is great, I suppose, when you want to make it seem like your characters have long histories. But I don't find it fun when I want to roleplay with, say, Kapre, and one of his sidekicks shows up unexpectedly. Seriously, every paragraph in Diwaata's profile focuses on her relationships with other characters. There isn't a single one where it's just Diwaata. Meanwhile, Kapre gets several paragraphs where it just focuses on him and his thoughts and his reactions to things, and what he wants to do with his life. Everything about Diwaata is either her relationship with Kapre or her relationship with Cristovao. You might not intend for her to be a foil, but the way she's written, she exists purely for Kapre and Cristovao.

Anywho, back to where I was. You've wound up Kapre and Diwaata tightly. They are firm on their stances, they do not budge, so on and so forth. However, giving Diwaata negative traits that seem to be unjustifiably there (more on that later), like anger issues and vanity, makes it hard to take her side. On the other field, Kapre has negative traits that just seem to be the result of his good nature, such as gullibility. Whether or not you know it, you've set up Kapre to be the 'good guy' and Diwaata to be the antagonist as far as that whole conflict goes.

Quote:Diwaata is very vain, shallow, and vapid, and she is especially known to be impulsive, impatient, and ill-tempered. In addition, she is extremely hostile towards all Horde, and is especially hateful towards orcs and blood elves.

Sure, her profile might be outdated. I mean, she's still a shaman in that one. But reading through her profile again, she's an unjustifiable b***h. There's seriously no reason for her to be the way it is. Now look at Kapre's profile. He has so many reasons to be the way he is. He's been through hell, he's lost children, he's lost a spouse, and he just wants to make up for it, having a different viewpoint on the world than most people, and is standing against prejudice. That's pretty heroic right there.

Whose side would you take?

The snarky b***h who's angry/vain and doubts the other?
The humble fool who just wants to make a difference?

Moving on.

Quote:3.) Anyone who would like her more than Kapre, actually. Kapre has a lot of friends and fans, but Diwaata is deserving of some love too. Also, in lore, there should be more of the world hating Kapre's guts than supporting his business and his hippy views. Diwaata, on the other hand, is a far more typical draenei whose vanity and anger are her deviating traits. Kapre needs some enemies and Diwaata some friends, and it honestly irritates me when people side with Kapre when Diwaata is in the moral/situational right. Diwaata deserves some friends and some love :c
Diwaata is not a typical draenei by any means. She has a personality that most draenei don't have. And she's married to a human. You seriously can not say she is a typical draenei so long as she's married to Cristovao, slapping aside any criticism of her marriage whenever it's brought up. I don't want to speak for an entire race, but I don't think most draenei would want to be life-mates with someone who's going to be passing away in what is essentially a blink of an eye.

You might have them ICly fully understand this and be okay with this. I sort of expect that response. But it's by no means typical. You can take the plethora of characters who I presumed asked about it as proof of that much.
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cappn Feedback 4: Feedback 4Ever CappnRob 1 4,611 08-19-2014, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Zenethen
  Feed the Derp! ImagenAshyun 14 3,601 01-25-2014, 11:22 PM
Last Post: WindZealot