The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Pandaren
Hi.I have been reading on the wiki about that there is not graphic for Pandaren.Well there actually is the Pandaren monk. You could morph players to the monk and then scale them.
Possible, but what's the use of that? As far as the current server lore goes, nobody has -ever- heard of Pandaran, nobody knows they exist. Not even a myth or legend is around telling about them, as far as we know ICly, they aren't real. And well, that's the way I personally prefer it. 8)

So yeah, what's the use of morphing people into Pandaran when we don't know of them? Maybe a fun OOC event but heh, that's as far as it'll go I assume.
Quote:Perhaps one day, at a new sight,
We will search again for that light.
Hold it close, between our arms,
Listen again, to the priestess her charms.
- Me, in a poetry named "The Priestess."
Actually..
Pandaren are quite known amongst the Horde. Chen Stormstout, a Pandaren brewmaster, traveled among the Barrens and, while trying to stay neutral as much as possible, worked with an Orcish brewmaster named Rexxar to help work on a new concoction for a Pandaren alcoholic drink. Chen and Rexxar traveled around (once they went to Theramore to meet with Jaina Proudmoore.) Chen then assisted Thrall in defending Durotar from the Kul Tiras. After this, he just disappeared.

Whilst traveling in the Barrens, you might find one of Chen's mysterious brews.
Vidion Wrote:Actually..
Pandaren are quite known amongst the Horde. Chen Stormstout, a Pandaren brewmaster, traveled among the Barrens and, while trying to stay neutral as much as possible, worked with an Orcish brewmaster named Rexxar to help work on a new concoction for a Pandaren alcoholic drink. Chen and Rexxar traveled around (once they went to Theramore to meet with Jaina Proudmoore.) Chen then assisted Thrall in defending Durotar from the Kul Tiras. After this, he just disappeared.

Whilst traveling in the Barrens, you might find one of Chen's mysterious brews.

That's the blizzard lore you're talking about ;) Last time I witnessed the mentioning of Pandaran IC-wise, the guy got kicked out for it. CotH's lore is different then Blizzard it's lore, in this and many other aspects. Hurr. As far as I know, we don't know a thing about them IC wise, horde or alliance. Nobody knows them, or their myth.
That may be i would just like to make gm's that there is a npc now so.
What's so fascinating about these things anyway?

They're anthromorphic animals. Whoop de doo. You have spacegoats, crackrabbits and moocows. Ditto walruses. What's the point of all this animal stuff? It doesn't even fit with most of WoW's style.

I went to Furcadia once. :'<
[Image: lichkingfell.png]
Moose Wrote:What's so fascinating about these things anyway?

They're anthromorphic animals. Whoop de doo. You have spacegoats, crackrabbits and moocows. Ditto walruses. What's the point of all this animal stuff? It doesn't even fit with most of WoW's style.

I went to Furcadia once. :'<

Because they are like a upper merchant race and they look good too.
Goblins?

I just . . . I really don't understand why everyone likes this race. They're so . . . there's . . . you broke my brain.
[Image: lichkingfell.png]
Moose...you're just jealous because there is now another animal in the spotlight >:)
Eh, some people like some things, I say it doesn't really matter. But either way, until WoW has Pandaren as a race playable, AKA probably the expansion after this expansionlol.
Thane Gwydd: Mountain King Gwyddy
Warlord Kron: Horde Warlord
Battlecruiser Captain: Who called in the fleet?
Sir Baldwin: Knight of Stormwind
My Guide to Roleplaying Warfare!
Moose Wrote:Goblins?

I just . . . I really don't understand why everyone likes this race. They're so . . . there's . . . you broke my brain.

QFT.

Quote:Eh, some people like some things, I say it doesn't really matter. But either way, until WoW has Pandaren as a race playable, AKA probably the expansion after this expansionlol.

And sadly, it will probably turn this way. That expansion probably contains Pandaran and those other brown furry things.. Moonkin or whatever, the ones that wander Ashenvale and all. If not, 20 euro's on vampires.

Edit: Furbolgs!
Blizzard is not going to make Pandas a playable race, simply because they are a sacred animal to the Chinese and it would offend them. (I read up on this, it was an interview with Metzen.)
Amerason Wrote:Eh, some people like some things, I say it doesn't really matter. But either way, until WoW has Pandaren as a race playable, AKA probably the expansion after this expansionlol.

That would mean we would need to wait what about 4-5 years even if that expansion comes.
Tarne Wrote:Blizzard is not going to make Pandas a playable race, simply because they are a sacred animal to the Chinese and it would offend them. (I read up on this, it was an interview with Metzen.)

Interesting, got link? I wanna read this now, hurr.

Edit, also ran into this:
Spoiler:
[Image: AllianceFurbolgs.JPG]

Admittedly, looks epic. The furbolgs not so much, the guys around them.. Yeah. Another reason why Furbolgs should join, they make the rest of the races look GOOD. Harr harr. /joke

/on-topic

Quote:That would mean we would need to wait what about 4-5 even if that expansion comes.

Not to be rude, but my question remains.. What's the point? They aren't meant to be playable (apparently), we don't know of them, they aren't in our world of CotH. So.. what good will it do?
Tarne Wrote:Blizzard is not going to make Pandas a playable race, simply because they are a sacred animal to the Chinese and it would offend them. (I read up on this, it was an interview with Metzen.)

Tarne is right. Even if there is not a law that prohibits the depiction of violence against Pandas, it is generally considered not something that you'd want to give all your Chinese customers. Granted we may not understand the importance of the icon, but just take a look at the version of Fallout 3 that was released in India. They changed the name of the two-headed cow. And at best, the Pandaren are a running gag that might pan out into a couple of NPCs.

And the bear race that you spoke of earlier are the Furbolgs. If any bear race is likely to make it into a playable race, it would be them. They helped defend Hyjal from Archimonde in Warcraft III, and they are allied with the Draenei in the starting zone. And one can't help but see the favoritism of the Alliance in Timbermaw Hold. Furbolgs + Night Elves = Kalimdor friends.
Arinus Isgar - Citizen of Alterac
Rothas Darkcaller - Forsaken Imperialist
Gorum Stonefist - Servant of the Warsong
Durien Thunderbeard - Dwarven Priest of Lordaeron
Sathon Kothsor - Blood Knight

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ze Pandaren Monolith 27 3,393 11-23-2009, 07:13 AM
Last Post: Nostra
  Pandaren Mikain 14 1,660 08-28-2009, 09:53 AM
Last Post: Hexproof
  Pandaren Express! Firzareth 6 1,374 01-15-2009, 02:59 PM