The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Q & A
I've got another question, and it's more of a two-parter, but mostly lore-based, so I'll ask here.

On another thread, someone mentioned how new DK's are being created all the time, or at least freed from Scourge control. How exactly does this happen, and would we be allowed to play as one of these? I mean, rather than one who was at Light's Hope?
As someone wise once said, the important thing is never to be fearless or confident. Most people have more than enough trouble with both. The trick is to fake it, because if you learn to fake it properly, it's the same thing as actually having confidence.
Spoiler:
[Image: c4i6Zq5.png]
Go for it.

I'd actually like to see someone play as one of these. A fresh DK as opposed to having to play one that has already seen so much battle. Perhaps someone could strike up a master-apprentice relationship with one of the veteran DKs.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DAMN THIS COMMENT IS FANCY
Which leads to my second question: Where would these new DKs come from? Like, died in a specific place...? During a certain event/battle?
As someone wise once said, the important thing is never to be fearless or confident. Most people have more than enough trouble with both. The trick is to fake it, because if you learn to fake it properly, it's the same thing as actually having confidence.
Spoiler:
Whoa, I didn't know that... Now I'm tempted to make a Death Knoob.
Crunchym8: Work tomorrow at a greenhouse, followed by a D&D session. Aw fel yeaahhh I can't be more hardcore.
Crunchym8: WE'RE PLANTING THE MUMS AND THE DAYLILLIES TOMORROW AND IF WE HAVE TIME SNAPDRAGONS
Crunchym8: I AM SO MANLY.
Probably all Northrend deaths, sometime between now and after light's hope. They wouldn't be ass and go raid a graveyard, but if an ally falls before them, they will likely give said fallen ally a new chance.
DAMN THIS COMMENT IS FANCY
How does the reanimating/ressurection process go? Like, would it take a while to do? Or are they 'harvested' from battle and a little ritual is done, then they're back, etc?
Frogspawned: RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!
Frogspawned: Frogspawned flips a table.
Frogspawned: (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

FROG, STOP FLIPPING TABLES. YOU'RE MAKING A MESS.

Frogspawned: ┬─┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
Hm, I'm not so sure if they'd take an ally, I mean they seem to all view their current state as cursed, woeful and all kinds of terribad so to replenish their ranks it feels odd that they'd force one of their honourable allies sinto the same situation. I'm thinking that their primary method to gain new followers would be to try to pry loose death knights from the Scourge, thus not only gaining another soldier but also having one less enemy to kill. How often they'd be able to corner a Scourge death knight to perform whatever ritual they need to to "awaken" him I'm more uncertain of, seeing how relentless and singleminded the Scourge tends to be I'd wager it's not too common. Not to say that it's impossible.

Though thinking of it I was reminded of how little they seem to hesitate when raising ghouls, but then they might not judge it the same thing, I mean all the death knights are aware and evidently indiviuals, a ghoul might just be seen as mindless tools, and thus not as great a torment as it would be for a death knight. I mean, we hardly think much of how a horse would feel when riding it, do we? We simply make use of them and that's that, most of us don't go out of our way to hurt them of course, but we don't really care if they want to, they do what are supposed to do. A car could work just as well for this, though they don't have feelings so I felt it wouldn't be the same thing, hehe.

... Or do they?

My main point anyhow is that ghouls might just as well be seen as we see a machine, something created for a certain purpose and then to be discarded... since they don't have any feelings. Or that's what I think they think anyway!

Not sure how much sense this made, so as usual, just ask for me to clarfy if I don't make any. Sense, that is.
All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare!

How the Scourge seemed to do it when they controlled the Ebon Hold was pick a body out of a pile, pump it full of necrotic energies and see how it immediately responds when it gets up. You know when Razuvious is walking around in front of the new initiates, saying things like "You have been found wanting" and stuff before killing them in the starting area? I'd imagine that the Ebon Blade would do something similar. They'd raise a corpse and see if it retains sentience (use it as a dogsbody if not), putting it through therapy (y'know, help them get their head straight and indoctrinate them as Knights of the Ebon Blade) and then training. All in all it'd take a while, I'd think, certainly at a slower rate than the Scourge was churning out due to their lack of really skilled Necromancers.

Of course, this is all theory and speculation. Feel free to ignore me like you ignore the babbling hobo on the street corner if you so please.
What are the schools of Arcane magic? I browsed through WowWiki and found something but... Let's just say the wiki's really confusing there. So, what would those schools be? Abjuration, conjuration... what else?
dilnikas Wrote:What are the schools of Arcane magic? I browsed through WowWiki and found something but... Let's just say the wiki's really confusing there. So, what would those schools be? Abjuration, conjuration... what else?

There's a good guide on the Arcane located here:

viewtopic.php?f=48&t=8341

It has all the schools aswell.
"I am more afraid of one hundred sheep led by a lion than one hundred lions led by a sheep."
Back with another one ^_^;;;

So, I was looking at the some of the rogue talents and abilities, and a number of thoughts suddenly struck me.

Specifically, I was looking at talents like "Killing Spree", "Shadow Dance" and "Shadow Step". Other moves such as "Cloak of Shadows", "Envenom" and possibly even "Evasion" also caught my eye. The thing I started wondering about is, playing as rouge "as a rouge" as it were, what would these be?

I seem to remember reading, a long time ago on the Blizzard website, that rogues employed some form of mysticism in their work. I may be completely misremembering here, but it still calls those moves into question for me. Where does that power come from? How does a rogue really access it? The mysticism explanation seems somewhat reasonable to me, (that is, if I'm remembering right). Just going off of appearance, it almost seems as though rogue's draw their power as a sort of intuitive shadow-caster, of sorts. ...But that's just speculation based off it's appearance.

Is there anyone out there more up on rogue and rogue-ing lore that might be able to direct me to some sort of answer?

Edited: Fixed a few spelling errors. :P
Yes, I have a Companion Cube. It came with the software I use to do my job. Makes you wonder about their expectations for user's mental health, doesn't it?

[Image: badge.jpg]
Because I privately yearn to be shu'halo?
In my opinion, there's not really a way to play a rogue 'like a rogue'. At least play it like the class. Blizzard made a couple of their classes (Warrior, rogue) very vague names. A warrior can be anyone that's fighting really. If you wanna be anal D&D there's fighter, but yeah. To me, rogues are just.. people who choose to prefer fast, deadly strikes, over slow, powerful ones. People who may prefer agility over strength, or just be mischevious, which anyone can be anyway. Why in some cases, the class can help mold a personality, with warriors or rogues they're left very open. My rogue, Piken, isn't very 'rogue' like at all, other than being a criminal-type and.. that's really it. And anyone can be like that. The only reason he's a rogue is because back in the day, I wore the defias mask. xD I wish I made him a warrior now. :/ But anyway, as for the mysticism.. I -think- I may have seen that somewhere, but some of those abilities could just be mind games. Throw down a flashbang type thing, sprint around behind your enemy and strike, etc. And some abilities are just.. OOC, I think.

Hope it helps in some way, and wasn't just.. me rambling too much. :P
Frogspawned: RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!
Frogspawned: Frogspawned flips a table.
Frogspawned: (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

FROG, STOP FLIPPING TABLES. YOU'RE MAKING A MESS.

Frogspawned: ┬─┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
I usually consider most of those to be physical techniques, like Piken said. You can jump or sprint into a position to strike from behind and try to get in that sneak attack on a slower enemy. Evasion is... Well, I mean you can theoretically dodge just as much until you tire or are wounded, so I would assume that's no real change in RP. Shadow Dance is just for game mechanics ("Use abilities out of stealth" being the basic quality of the spell.). For example, you can garrote someone no matter how visible you are, you just need piano wire.
Hmm, Definately something to go on there.

Thanks for both the responses - they've been useful. And no, Piken, you weren't rambling too much. :P

The "Shadow Step" sort of moves were the ones that concerned me the most, in a way, as I couldn't figure out where to place those. They're sort of on the level of silliness (if taken literally) that D&D monks from 3.5 (I don't know 4e) started getting into in the higher/epic levels. And, of course, on live they often were used as some sort of shadow magic or otherwise.

As a bit of a side-note to Piken: I do agree with you about the whole "Playing a rogue like a rogue" thing. My concern for these questions was how things like Killing Spree and Shadow Step/Dance were interpreted as a general rule.

I'm always a little hesitant about class abilities/talents that seem incongruous - Blizzard has been known to pull some very strange things with Lore in the past, and I stopped being a hobbyist of WoW lore sometime before the Sunwell came out - so my understanding's a little stale. I'm starting to pick it back up, but it's slow going. Until then, I'll probably pop up with some oddballs. :P

Thanks for the answers! ^_^
Yes, I have a Companion Cube. It came with the software I use to do my job. Makes you wonder about their expectations for user's mental health, doesn't it?

Because I privately yearn to be shu'halo?
Outland. What's it's current state? Is it still a sort of all-out warzone between the Legion and the other races, or has it calmed down some?
Spoiler: