The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Standard Greeting
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.
My name is Kip and I'm an artist and aspiring biologist. I currently have a lot of free time on my hands and I fill it with reading, independent study, and gaming, whenever I can fit it in.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I reside in the U.S. and speak English as a first language, and I'm studying Spanish and Hebrew as a second and third. I wouldn't be able to carry on any kind of roleplay in these languages but if you say hello to me I'll know what's up.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Eh, peer pressure mostly. The MMO market doesn't appeal to me as much as console gaming, but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy it. Warcraft manages to live up to it's hype, even if my wallet doesn't appreciate it so much, so it makes for an enjoyable pastime. Of course, anything with this much lore is going to catch my attention. Worldbuilding is my favorite part of writing, and my favorite part of reading too.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
My girlfriend plays here. I figure if she likes it, it's likely I will, too.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Anything with a world to explore will have me wanting to go on an adventure, though I'm ameniable to slower paced gameplay centered around character interaction or fooling around in villages.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I'm drawn to the Draenei more than any of them, mostly for their lore and otherworldly culture (and because they're tall. IRL I'm short, so I'll whatever fantasy gratification I can get). Second to them, I like humans, because I'm boring I guess.

I prefer playing warrior or paladin classes because they work the best with my fighting style, paladin especially so because of how it works into Draenei culture.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I have few expectations of this server, because, honestly, I have not played on an RP server before. I do however have the aspiration that I will find a friendly community that welcomes new players and gives them room to learn and grow.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The rule against rape as a topic of discussion in the public channels jumped out at me. Speaking as someone who has participated in many online communities over the years, I'm tired of having to deal with that kind of crudeness and cruel disregard for other people just for wanting to be a part of something. I hope this will represent a nice change of atmosphere.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Because this is more a new start for me than anything, I don't have any samples of work I feel would be appropriate for this format of roleplay, nor do I have any ambitions to attain gruntship currently.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
No, I don't believe so. Girlfriend is being very helpful for me already.
Hey there, yupui, and welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

Make sure to check our rules and policies if you haven't already, or again if you already have! If you need help with creating your first character, check out the Creating a Character section on our wiki and our articles and guides subforum. They're all super useful for getting a feel of our server's roleplay style and chock full of useful information.

Once you get in-game, make sure to /join chat (for general chat and talk) and /join barrens (for banter and fun). If you have any questions, send a message to one of our GMs or Forum Helpers.

Again, welcome!
Zhaei
[Image: RtK7PiZ.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Greeting from Verisiams Verisiams 1 594 12-30-2012, 10:40 AM
Last Post: Harmonic
  Greeting! *Throws Confetti* Abominationthing 0 460 11-18-2009, 12:24 PM
Last Post: Abominationthing