The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

The End of the Alliance
But so far though, I have yet to even see a non level 70. Plus grinding quests and levels is kind of counter to the whole idea of settling into your character, getting involved with people's stories, and role-playing, no?
The holy passion of Friendship is of so sweet and steady and loyal and enduring a nature that it will last through a whole lifetime, if not asked to lend money.
- Mark Twain
Just because that is your opinion of what role-play means, doesn't mean we can destroy one whole faction for the sake of RP. Who knows, someone may want to actually level up a character. What right do we have to tell them no?
I do like this idea, really!
However, the reason I haven't done such drastic changes is pretty much summarized in some above posts. I don't want to destroy a whole faction, in essence, and completely wipe out their ability to level on their own.

Perhaps in the future I may be able to implement some ideas, though.

Edit: Oh, and yes, it would be a fu-... er, cra-... uh... TON of work. Hehe.
Quote:Darktannan wrote:Plus grinding quests and levels is kind of counter to the whole idea of settling into your character, getting involved with people's stories, and role-playing, no?

Not really, no. Different strokes for different folks--not everyone wants to just pop to 70 and be done with it. Levelling up a character gives the player more time to get in touch with what that character is to them--if that's what the player is into, at least.

Or maybe someone just wants to level up a character for shits and giggles. The point--my point, at least--is that at no point have I seen anyone amongst the higher-ups say "You have to RP, it's the only option". Totally eradicating the Alliance NPC population invalidates the openness of the server by forcing anyone who wants to grind to grind Horde.

[edit] Took too long writing that, people jumped in between the posts. *shakes a fist*

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Possible Alliance RP Location? Zenethen 13 2,435 08-07-2012, 05:56 AM
Last Post: Wuvvums