Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: No High Elf Forsaken?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
So I was just wandering around, about a month ago I was told High Elf Forsaken were okay, now I heard that Grakor said they weren't okay. I was always under the impression they were, since on the wiki they give height measurements for high elf forsaken. So what's the deal? I think they should be allowed playable, but I just want to get to the bottom of this contradiction.
We're allowed playable classes. As in, Blood Elves, Night Elves, Forsaken, Gnomes, Dwarven, Trolls, Orcs, Humans, Tauren, and Draenei. As far as I know, we are NOT allowed to play anything other than that. Obviously Death Knights complicate matters, but no High Elves, because they don't feature on your character creation list.
Doesn't make much sense to me why they shouldn't be allowed. But then again, I'm also biased in the debate, so just ignore me xD
Well by high elf forsaken, as in, they were a high elf in life, got killed, resurrected as a forsaken. Same goes as a human, a human died in life, came back as a forsaken. Death knights are a bit different since, they would still be high elven.

Edit: Just how a blood elf can say, I use to be a high elf. A forsaken can't say, I use to be a high elf?
Spiralin Wrote:Well by high elf forsaken, as in, they were a high elf in life, got killed, resurrected as a forsaken. Same goes as a human, a human died in life, came back as a forsaken. Death knights are a bit different since, they would still be high elven.

In fact, the two are very different. Forsaken are their own race, while Death Knights just melded back into their old societies. Death Knights I can understand. But Forsaken I can't. It's simply half of a race. Getting rid of High Elven Forsaken is literally killing off half of a race as playable just because there is no model.

Also, if we ban High Elven Forsaken based upon the fact they they are connected with High Elves, then by all means, ban Blood Elves as a playable class too. Don't forget that they were all High Elves.
You could just assume that the distinguishing features for a forsaken high elf fell off or rotted away.
There are simply no High Elves allowed on the server. Period. It says so on the High Elf page on the wiki.

http://wiki.conquestofthehorde.com/High_Elf
Binkleheimer Wrote:You could just assume that the distinguishing features for a forsaken high elf fell off or rotted away.

The point isn't that, it's that they are banning them. Not just the features.
Xigo Wrote:There are simply no High Elves allowed on the server. Period. It says so on the High Elf page on the wiki.

Then how do we have Dark Rangers?
...this is just how we roll? You can't play a High Elf either. It doesn't really make too much difference tbh, they're dead. A Forsaken mage should really get the same end result as an Undead High Elf mage. Forsaken being dead humans, who were taught by the High Elves. They'd know just as much, be simpler to play, and due to the restart there's no restrictions on RPing with other Horde races. Unlike a High Elf, who may be greeted with some...opposition, due to their Alliance links.

It's the rules. It's easier. It avoids conflict and having to explain to EVERYONE that you're special ^^
Binkleheimer Wrote:
Xigo Wrote:There are simply no High Elves allowed on the server. Period. It says so on the High Elf page on the wiki.

Then how do we have Dark Rangers?

We don't, frankly. Dark Rangers require having been a ranger in life. Seeing as how there are no Human rangers, nor will there be, after Nathanos Blightcaller, it;'s impossible. The only way to keep them is to allow High Elf Forsaken.
Ben Wrote:...this is just how we roll? You can't play a High Elf either. It doesn't really make too much difference tbh, they're dead. A Forsaken mage should really get the same end result as an Undead High Elf mage. Forsaken being dead humans, who were taught by the High Elves. They'd know just as much, be simpler to play, and due to the restart there's no restrictions on RPing with other Horde races. Unlike a High Elf, who may be greeted with some...opposition, due to their Alliance links.

It's the rules. It's easier. It avoids conflict and having to explain to EVERYONE that you're special ^^

Comparing mages to Dark Rangers, in my opinion, is stupid. Yes, High Elves would have trained human Fosaken mages. But no, they would not train human rangers. No. Never. Nu uh. Not gonna happen.
...I wasn't. I was comparing High Elven magi to Forsaken and Human magi. Dark Rangers wouldn't happen. Please, make sardonic comments in private chat, before I flame you in anger. Like I feel like doing now.
Quote:...Seeing as how there are no Human rangers, nor will there be, after Nathanos Blightcaller, it;'s impossible...

*Looks to Cata* So sure about that?

On topic, forsaken are primarily made up of ex-humans and high elves. Aside from the model issue, which seems minor to me, I can't see a reason to block High elf forsaken.
If you look at our wiki on Dark Rangers, it clearly says that a Forsaken can be one. True, it says they are former High Elves, but if we're not allowing them it'd have been pretty silly of us to make the title accessible, no? The only logical explanation is that any Forsaken, regardless of their race in life, can go that road if they possess certain basic skills. If we look at what a Dark Ranger is, it's simply an archer with necromancer abilities, both things a Human can be, really.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6