Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Decorating!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Hello friends!

So you may have noticed that the roads along certain areas such as Duskwood, Orgrimmar, Westfall and so on are a bit bare compared to pre-restart.

Or less cluttered, depending on your opinion of the matter.

I'm rather curious to hear if the players would be interested in my redecorating of the world some, partially out of a feeling of slacking due to not having actually done much building since the restart. I'd appreciate your thoughts below on the matter (new players may not have quite as good an idea as to what I'm discussing), and I'll likely act on that once this thread has settled a little.

So... yeah! Give me your opinions, please! I'm very interested to hear them.

EDIT: To clarify that includes doors as well such as in the bay and areas like Goldshire and Duskwood!
Doors are dearly needed.
Indeed. I really liked the houses and all, as they were good for RP. However, I'd restrain from adding corpses everywhere. I'd maybe have a waylaid wagon, then a few skeletons and maybe a semi-intact corpse in the area.
A lot of a time, rather than adding NPCs, it might be best to move or delete NPCs instead. Deleting redundant NPCs like one of the two tailors in Stormwind could open up more 'home' RP in major cities. Even in small spots like Astrannar and the like could have an NPC moved just outside the building.
You would have to speak to Kretol about removing an NPC; we don't generally do that, heh. I believe the only instance I would be allowed to phase something out for decoration would have to do with me spawning a house on top of a wolf and making it bug out during its walking path, or so on. But even then I try to refrain from that sort of thing.
Yes!

As well, my own selfish desires think of what's left of Mimiron's Anchorage. The empty Halaa might use a couple things as well, namely a few steps to get up to a second level in a "house" there.
I wouldn't mind a few spare custom NPCs to add to the atmosphere. Maybe a drunk that spews a random thought every half hour or so at one of the more populated bars, or a couple talking spectators at an arena.
(10-03-2011, 09:31 AM)c0rzilla Wrote: [ -> ]Yes!

As well, my own selfish desires think of what's left of Mimiron's Anchorage. The empty Halaa might use a couple things as well, namely a few steps to get up to a second level in a "house" there.

(10-03-2011, 09:31 AM)c0rzilla Wrote: [ -> ]Mimiron's Anchorage.

Let that name never be spoken of again. It shall now be known as Deserted Island #22237

Anyways, I'll be focusing on the vanilla stuff first, but I might check Halaa at some point or another later into it.
My Deserted Island #22237.
WE CAN'T CLAIM PLACES OOCLY

BRING THE RAGE, EVERYONE.

BRING THE ETERNAL RAGE OF ETERNAL RAGINESS.

...Otherwise, would you please summon the Roll God Shrine back to Hyjal?

I think it's lack is what's making rolls so unstable as of late.
I don't wish to make the OOC area cramped with a giant shrine.

Also I'm focusing on actual additions to the environment as it pertains to RP, not a cluttered stack of candles in the OOC zone. :B
STORMWIND (UNFINISHED)
-Spawned furnishings for the Cuthroat Alley Bar.
-Dwarven District given scenery.
-Spawned chairs and stools in the Park District bar.
-Strongly considered despawning the chunks of ham in the Park Moonwell called 'moonwell'. Declined urge due to fear of bugging the server up.
-Spawned doors in the Slaughtered Lamb.
---------
ELWYNN (UNFINISHED)
-Spawned doors on all buildings.
---------
WESTFALL (UNFINISHED)
-Spawned Westfall Homes along the roads. Unfurnished for now, will begin here next.
-Doors spawned on buildings (not in Moonbrook); includes spawned homes.
-Considering adding Alliance guards along roads to help with lower level aggro when in certain homes and when traversing roads; post opinion below.

That's it so far. Westfall has gotten the most love, but I'll get to these three again when I'm back from violin practice tonight.
Hey, look who found that GMI is now an RP spot. Me!

I highly recommend adding a couple more things to make it feel homey, whenever you get around to it. Beds, doors, items in the storage on the first floor...

Thanks for the work!
(10-03-2011, 03:25 PM)c0rzilla Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, look who found that GMI is now an RP spot. Me!

I highly recommend adding a couple more things to make it feel homey, whenever you get around to it. Beds, doors, items in the storage on the first floor...

Thanks for the work!

Aye, heh, I actually got it added. I thought it would be a good way to divide up separate parties wishing to use a manor setting at the same time, yaknow?

I will get around to furnishing it if someone doesn't beat me to it, but only after I've finished the three regions I've started on.

Speaking of which, I'm back from practice and getting back to work!

...After my sammich.
Finished Westfall;
-Added scenery; Empty Caravan Camp
-Spawned homes now furnished; all but two are empty for complete player use.
--15 Houses: Includes a home-based bar and (makeshift) mechant's home. Occupied houses are a worker's break room and an infirmary.
-Spawned a few camps in the region.
-Spawned a pair of caravans in the region, one inhabited by a defias profiteer.

Most of the changes are along the road, so a stroll down the paths should show you the entirety of it!

Moving to Elwynn next.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8