The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

A matter of assumptions...
Look, I'm not trying to start anything major here, and I don't have any problems with anyone on this server, really.

But there's been a matter that's been bothering me quite a bit, and quite frankly, I've had enough.

This is a rather mature topic, so spoiler'd, just to be safe.

Spoiler:
Not raging, but seriously, people, PLEASE stop assuming that everyone sitting silently is eRP'ing. I know that a lot of the time, that's what it is, but at the very least, check with them OOC'ly to make sure.

There have been a number of minor incidents I've seen lately where someone will come up to two people sitting closely and silently and make the assumption that ERP is the only thing happening, and then rp it accordingly, without really checking to make sure of it.

I won't name any names, but I'd really like for this to stop.

There was just an incident tonight, even, where two people were confronted IC'ly for something that wasn't even happening!

I have screen shots, and would appreciate it if, for the sake of not causing a scene more than this needs to be, that nobody who was involved post on here taking credit for their involvement. I blanked out names for a reason, and Hueron gave me permission to use those shots.

I just want this to be made known without embarrassing anyone.

[Image: 2a4y9p1.jpg]

(Hueron's character wanted me to be clear that they were paraphrasing, and that that wasn't an exact quote.)

[Image: 2vtcsgy.jpg]

[Image: 2hfnjhx.jpg]

Again, this is just an issue that I'm really getting tired of, and something I think the server, as a whole, just needs to be a bit more careful about.

Can we stop with this kind of tiny dispute done over, and over, and over again, please?
As someone wise once said, the important thing is never to be fearless or confident. Most people have more than enough trouble with both. The trick is to fake it, because if you learn to fake it properly, it's the same thing as actually having confidence.
Spoiler:
[Image: c4i6Zq5.png]
Two things. Why bother posting this in this matter, and secondly, why would anyone -care- if someone thought they were ERPing? Is there a reason I'm missing as to why this is so embarassing to people? Or is it just the whole "EW I'M NOT DOING THAT" crap?

Because really, this whole situation seems childish on all accounts, on all ends. So what if someone is ERPing or not? So what if someone THINKS you're ERPing?

C'mon guys, use some common sense, and remember the respect rule when it comes to all this crap.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

It's not that people assume it. It's that they assume it, then it translates into ic action.
As someone wise once said, the important thing is never to be fearless or confident. Most people have more than enough trouble with both. The trick is to fake it, because if you learn to fake it properly, it's the same thing as actually having confidence.
Spoiler:
I see what you mean. It is pretty silly to assume this and think it's funny to interrupt in such a way.

HOWEVER, the way you are presenting it isn't too great, Dragon. This "you know who you are" method is pretty aggresive, whether or not you say who it is.

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

I wouldn't say it's a "you know who you are" so much as a problem with anyone using an OOC assumption ICly without getting all the facts, because it skews the RP.

Edit: I don't condone pointing fingers, and this isn't a matter of ERP in general, more of how it change the dynamic of the RP if it's used without understanding the situation at hand.
(\__/) This is Bunny.
(='.'=) Cut, copy, and paste Bunny onto your signature.
(")_(") Help Bunny gain World Domination.

(\__/) o|= o|= o|=
\( ;..; )/ o|=
( __ ) o|= o|=

^ ^

angry ill-fated enemies who were

bunny unfortunate to be around when

paroxysmal attack occurred
I know, but I honestly thought it was either this, or a list of names, and thought this better than the latter. I'm really not trying to be agressive, not at all, but I feel like it's just gotten to the point that I needed to say something.

Really not trying to be agressive or rude and I'm sorry if I came off that way.
Spoiler:
It's sort of a question of metagaming, but really it's more a question of stupidity.

If two people are sitting in the middle of Stormwind, but neither is saying anything out loud, it's just utter stupidity to first assume they are ERPing, and then to secondly put yourself ICly into it.

I mean, seriously. If they are doing it out in the middle of the city, in view of EVERYONE, it's obviously not IC. Else you would expect to have guardsmen arresting them, or all kinds of ruckus.

Because no city in Azeroth is going to say it's acceptable for two people to get it on in public view like that. Maybe Blood Elves wouldn't care, but humans can be pretty prudish about stuff like that.

There are just some things that are kept private. And this, if it's IC, is one of those things. As such, the ones doing it, if they are doing it IC, are not going to do it in the middle of the street, or on a bench in front of the bank.

They are going to take themselves to somewhere secluded, whether it's a room in an inn, somewhere people are not going to run across them, or somewhere out in the middle of nowhere.

I don't personally have a problem with ERP, who cares? If they want to do it, let them. But there are children playing on this server, and that is something they should not be overtly subjected to with it being visible.

Any who just walk up to you and assume you are doing something like this, I say set it up where you just ignore the character. It's just poor action on the part of the player to walk around making assumptions about what two or more people are doing, when the simple answer is usually the best, either they are talking OOCly, or they are simply AFK and the tag hasn't come up.

Just use some common sense.
Mistress Sylea Moonwhisper - Human - Azeroth Trade Syndicate
Baroness Ariannah Timaeus - Human - The Scourgebane Trinitus
Valishna- Draenei - Unaffiliated
Just to be clear, all races in all cities would care. Maybe not in Rachet if they were charging money, but honestly I don't think that has a place in CoTH either.

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

There's no harm in bringing it up, but I must say this thread seems more a reminder for people to assume to people sitting silently aren't always Erp'ing. what I'm trying to say is people will always assume, some may ask you OOC some may not then go ahead and assume it. Not much can be done really, it's either assume or ask OOC.

So, someone assumed, it doesn't happen regularly, atleast of what I know of. You shouldn't really care if someone assumes, just tell them that's not the case, then the misunderstanding is done with.
For everyone who's posted and given very valid reasonable points, this isn't to spark some great change, point fingers or whatever. It's a "Please keep in mind." is all, and I hope we can be aware and move on, because really, yeah, I'd expect this to not be an issue, and I'm sorry for any part I have played in mongering drama unintentionally if that's what people are thinking. I again, thank you sincerely for adding your insight to this.
(\__/) This is Bunny.
(='.'=) Cut, copy, and paste Bunny onto your signature.
(")_(") Help Bunny gain World Domination.

(\__/) o|= o|= o|=
\( ;..; )/ o|=
( __ ) o|= o|=

^ ^

angry ill-fated enemies who were

bunny unfortunate to be around when

paroxysmal attack occurred
dannyhero Wrote:For everyone who's posted and given very valid reasonable points, this isn't to spark some great change, point fingers or whatever. It's a "Please keep in mind." is all, and I hope we can be aware and move on, because really, yeah, I'd expect this to not be an issue, and I'm sorry for any part I have played in mongering drama unintentionally if that's what people are thinking. I again, thank you sincerely for adding your insight to this.

Exactly.
Spoiler:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Matter of Life And Death (Cataclysm Forsaken Questions) Sol 4 1,370 11-21-2011, 11:23 AM
Last Post: Dae
  A matter of Mind and Soul. CallMeMelissa 8 1,643 07-04-2010, 08:02 AM
Last Post: CallMeMelissa
  A Serious Matter Mortiphobia 20 3,700 04-04-2010, 11:24 AM
Last Post: ThomasBusteed