The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

A Matter of Life And Death (Cataclysm Forsaken Questions)

Killer: Jared Richter

Resurrectors: Agatha, Arthura and Daschla

Short term effects:

Where Am I? Who Am I? Why Is It So Cold?:
Confusion, a state of addled mind.

Relearning To Walk:
Loss and/or significant reduction of certain motor functions.

Braaaiiinnns:
Predisposition towards cannibalism and/or mindless violence.

Coming To Terms:
Likelihood of severe emotional distress and/or multiple moral/existential crises.

Long term effects:

Breathers:
Irreconcilable revulsion, jealousy, feelings of supremacy and/or general antipathy directed towards the living.

Power to the Forsaken:
Undying loyalty to the Dark Lady and her nation.

It Doesn't Listen Anymore: Even if his faith somehow survives these ordeals, Stephen will no longer be able to channel the Light as he once could - if at all, nowhere near as well.

Permanent effects:

Cold Motherf***er:
Stephen will be forever lacking in body heat.

Poor Personal Hygiene:
Stephen will forever resemble a rotting corpse.

It Burns:
Spells of a restorative nature, utilising any form of benign Divine magic, will have the opposite effect on Stephen's body.

I'm Sorry, I Just Don't Care:
Stephen is henceforth incapable of feeling 'true' emotion, and will instead subconsciously assign the 'echoes' of those he felt before his death to his experiences.

Curse You, Lacking Blood Circulation:
Stephen's days as a lech are decidedly over.

. . . Pardon the bad joke(s) above. Okay, so the point of this topic is thus. Cataclysm, when it comes to CotH, is looking to make very particular changes of race among characters not only workable within lore, but, under circumstances, practically unavoidable within a realistic RP - for example, if your human priest falls to the blades of the Deathguard without the cadaver sustaining crippling damage, whatever would they do with the cadaver?

The question I am asking is: for certain (i.e. Undead) characters, will being brought before the Val'kyr be seen as a legitimate means of resurrection after character death? If the answer is in the affirmative, would it be permissable under certain circumstances for human characters to be 'resurrected' as Forsaken via the same means?

I'm curious, so I'm looking for a discussion rather than a yes or no answer, although one of those from the right source would be just as welcome. :D
(11-20-2011, 09:10 AM)Sol Wrote: The question I am asking is: for certain (i.e. Undead) characters, will being brought before the Val'kyr be seen as a legitimate means of resurrection after character death? If the answer is in the affirmative, would it be permissable under certain circumstances for human characters to be 'resurrected' as Forsaken via the same means?

I'm curious, so I'm looking for a discussion rather than a yes or no answer, although one of those from the right source would be just as welcome. :D

...Yes.

You mean if you could choose a human and say he's forsaken ? >_<
(11-20-2011, 09:14 AM)13kira13 Wrote:
(11-20-2011, 09:10 AM)Sol Wrote: The question I am asking is: for certain (i.e. Undead) characters, will being brought before the Val'kyr be seen as a legitimate means of resurrection after character death? If the answer is in the affirmative, would it be permissable under certain circumstances for human characters to be 'resurrected' as Forsaken via the same means?

...Yes.

You mean if you could choose a human and say he's forsaken ? >_<

I apologise if I've been inarticulate about putting the question across. The TL;DR version is "Come Cata, could a dead human character be resurrected by Val'kyr as a Forsaken (perhaps with a race change/being rerolled)?"
I remember Grakor saying somewhere that they won't allow Humans to make the switch to Forsaken/Worgen. That was a while ago, though.
(11-20-2011, 09:34 AM)FlyingSquirrel Wrote: I remember Grakor saying somewhere that they won't allow Humans to make the switch to Forsaken/Worgen. That was a while ago, though.

I can certainly understand restrictions on the Worgen- short of being insane or being subject to another's insanity, (forced Worgen transformation post Gilneas is unprecedented, I believe) no one in their right mind would want to be a Worgen in lore. The sort of character who would be interested in doing so willingly would already have to have been written with such unusual tastes, making them almost certainly written with the expressed intent of becoming a Worgen, and the overall effect of "Character recently becoming Worgen and happy about it" or even "Character recently becoming Worgen and NOT happy about it" can be played perfectly straight with a normal Gilneas Worgen.

However, the prospect of players becoming Forsaken, I find much more feasible and appealing, as it could breathe life into this less played race. There is very clear lore stating that this can occur, with the key here being that it can occur against the characters' will. Having players change on the Server promotes potentially stronger Forsaken RP than a rolled one, seeing as they would be able to play out the initial trauma and have real people playing the family and friends of their past life. Not to mention, many people who play Forsaken often give either little or way too much thought into their lives prior. These newly made Forsaken, with a tangible history on the server, can be played by their writers with a very clear precedence for how they were in the past and how that would affect their current actions.
And for me, personally, I'd like to see my Forsaken have a chance to make a more intimate connection with these lost new characters. It would also be interesting to be dragged into the past of this new Undead- just imagine your Forsaken character being brought as emotional support to go meet a group of Stormwind humans.

Allowing new Forsaken could mean a lot for current players of the race, and give them a bit of drama where often, they're just perceived on the server as the stinky dead guys with a really sucky past.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A confession and some questions Nymus 4 3,559 01-19-2015, 03:09 PM
Last Post: Nymus
  Druid of the Antler? and more questions. Andy7565 7 3,490 11-28-2014, 01:28 PM
Last Post: Loxmardin
  Returning Player - from before Cataclysm ghaskan 6 1,510 12-06-2013, 07:41 AM
Last Post: ghaskan
  [Questions] Priests yo. Psychyn 5 1,658 08-28-2013, 07:00 AM
Last Post: Psychyn
  Feedback/Questions re: Custom-model characters/NPCs Kretol 50 9,896 07-07-2013, 08:03 PM
Last Post: Dae